Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2016 5:41:32 PM EDT
Saw a Sig Sauer P220 SAS Carry model with SRT kit installed at the LGS.  Its a two-tone model with stainless slide and alloy frame.  I tried hard to resist but ended up walking out with it.

Does anyone have any information on this configuration of P220? Is it an oddball? Modified? POS Looks to be quite the gun and picked it up.  Looking for any and all information as well as a "market" price for comparison.  Got it for about $500.

How'd I do?

Serial is roughly G378XXX (from memory)

Link Posted: 9/13/2016 10:42:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 12:10:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a gorgeous gun. I love the SAS treatment and 2 tone Sigs look terrific. If I was into carrying single stack .45s I would be taking a very hard look at a 220 like yours.

Now post some damn pics!
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 8:47:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info gentlemen.

I'm pretty stoked to get this out to the range.  I'll post pictures tonight and a range report when I get out.

One thing that I've noticed, having never owned a Sig before, is the "floating" hammer.  Thought that was pretty interesting--a hammer with a hammer return spring?  Definitely seems to lighten the trigger pull and prevents having to have the traditional cam over you get with guns like the CZ75.  Is this the part of the SRT?

After reading the stickied posts, the rails look very good.  When I say very good, I mean they look new.  Everything about this one seems to be showing very little wear.

I suspect, however, that the slide had been refinished by Sig's custom shop.  The "E" in the Exeter stamp seems to be abraded partially away.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#4]
SAS is "Sig Anti Snag" meaning they round the corners so it won't snag on clothing.
SRT should be the "Short Reset Trigger", meaning a shorter, quicker reset.  I recall there was something else that fit in with that acronym, but am drawing a blank.

p220's are great guns (I want one, don't have it yet).
I would think $500 is a smoking good deal if it is in decent shape.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
SAS is "Sig Anti Snag" meaning they round the corners so it won't snag on clothing.
SRT should be the "Short Reset Trigger", meaning a shorter, quicker reset.  I recall there was something else that fit in with that acronym, but am drawing a blank.

View Quote

Thanks for the info. Now with pics!
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 11:13:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Very sweet!
Always weird to me though when they don't make the controls match the slide on 2 tone guns.
Bet she shoots amazing, get that range report to us
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 8:47:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Very sweet!
Always weird to me though when they don't make the controls match the slide on 2 tone guns.
Bet she shoots amazing, get that range report to us
View Quote

Will do.  Forgot to mention it came with 4 Sig branded mags and Crimson Trace grips.  I'm starting to think I made out pretty damn well for $500!
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 2:00:23 PM EDT
[#8]
That is not an SAS pistol.  SAS has no rail and would show the custom shop logo.  That is a discontinued P220 Carry Two-Tone.  You did okay anyway.
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 3:03:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Short reach trigger
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 10:57:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 11:08:15 AM EDT
[#11]
why is the hammer back? point it in a safe direction and use the decocker to drop the hammer while keeping your fingers out of the trigger guard. please
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice pistol OP....and yes, the decocker is there for a reason
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 5:20:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Nice pistol OP....and yes, the decocker is there for a reason
View Quote

Relax guys. I haven't even chambered a round yet.
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 12:29:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Short reach trigger
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Short reach trigger

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/19/2016 5:59:28 PM EDT
[#15]
The price was certainly right and the slide appears to have the same "semi SAS" treatment as my P220 Carry Equinox.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 9:03:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The price was certainly right and the slide appears to have the same "semi SAS" treatment as my P220 Carry Equinox.
View Quote

I was told the SAS treatment was performed an I agree, the slide looks like it.  That being said, I'm not sure how Sig handles their custom work and whether or not they'd allow cuts on the slide only.

This is screaming for a TLR-1 or Enforce of some sort.  Anyone have pics?
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 4:01:43 PM EDT
[#17]
You did well, congrats...

I have the full size with a TLR-3.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top