Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2016 7:49:32 PM EDT
Raven and G-Code are both dropping the ball it seems...

Any other suggestions for a quality rig?
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 8:02:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a light compatible T rex Arms Raptor for the exact same gun and streamlight TLR1HL. Pretty sure I'm gonna do it, just don't have the funds just yet. Lots of reviews of Raptors, just not too many for for the light compatible ones. Dunno if it'll be too bulky for AIWB or not, but I figure if it is I'll take off the claw and carry it 3:30 when walking the dog at night.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 9:13:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a light compatible T rex Arms Raptor for the exact same gun and streamlight TLR1HL. Pretty sure I'm gonna do it, just don't have the funds just yet. Lots of reviews of Raptors, just not too many for for the light compatible ones. Dunno if it'll be too bulky for AIWB or not, but I figure if it is I'll take off the claw and carry it 3:30 when walking the dog at night.
View Quote

Thanks!

Great suggestion!
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 9:22:36 PM EDT
[#3]
JM custom kydex.  One of the best there is.
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 10:31:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I could be wrong but last I saw he only offers aiwb lightbearing for glocks with xc-1 lights, otherwise I'd be leaning towards him as well
Link Posted: 9/12/2016 11:10:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks!

Great suggestion!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Great suggestion!

No problem! Been researching it quite a bit myself the last few weeks. I'm guessing by the lack of options for light bearing aiwb that it's simply too bulky for most folks. That's why I like the versatility of the Raptor for regular iwb use.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 3:53:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered one of these during their Labor Day sale, for my 320 with Streamlight TLR-3. Waiting impatiently.
http://miholsterco.com/products/stealth

ETA: They have a lot of different gun/light combinations. There weren't many options out there for my little TLR-3 with the 320.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 9:14:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I ordered one of these during their Labor Day sale, for my 320 with Streamlight TLR-3. Waiting impatiently.
http://miholsterco.com/products/stealth

ETA: They have a lot of different gun/light combinations. There weren't many options out there for my little TLR-3 with the 320.
View Quote

Well, that's what I'm going with...
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#9]
http://www.alphaconceal.com

They did a holster for my 320 c with inforce APL " />
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 11:06:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Agree with the below, he lead time is now 6-9 weeks but worth the wait.

My Sig P320 Light holster should be here next week from JM.

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/15/2016 3:33:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So he does make them?? Didn't see that on his site a few weeks ago when I was checking. I'll most likely order one from him thus weekend in that case, thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 3:52:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

So he does make them?? Didn't see that on his site a few weeks ago when I was checking. I'll most likely order one from him thus weekend in that case, thanks for the heads up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok I just checked his site again, and was able to find where you can get a variety of his holsters, including aiwb, to accommodate a XC1. Is that what you got AWMP?
I have a Streamlight TLR1HL and I'm not seeing anywhere he offers that option....
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 3:49:59 PM EDT
[#13]
You might check www.daraholsters.com

I ordered one for my P320 with an xc-1 about a month ago...STILL WAITING!!!

But if I remember correctly, they had a pretty good list of light options available.

I can't comment on the quality, as it's not here yet.  Last i checked the lead time was still 3 - 5 weeks.

Update, I got it after 6 weeks.  I've been using it for a while & it's a really decent holster.
Here are a few phone pics, sorry about the quality.

Link Posted: 9/20/2016 5:31:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Stealth Gear Holsters

Not an AIWB but an option.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:00:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Ok I just checked his site again, and was able to find where you can get a variety of his holsters, including aiwb, to accommodate a XC1. Is that what you got AWMP?
I have a Streamlight TLR1HL and I'm not seeing anywhere he offers that option....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The tlr1 and the tlr1hl are the same thing when it comes to holsters.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 12:46:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, but I don't see the TLR1 as an option on any of his holsters.

I may just break down and get an xc1 for AIWB, but not thrilled with it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 6:56:42 PM EDT
[#17]
LETS GET SOME PICS UP IN HERE ALREADY.  GEEZE

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 7:09:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have one from JM for my 1911w/tlr1... maybe a browser issue. But it's just a regular IWB.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 8:58:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I have one from JM for my 1911w/tlr1... maybe a browser issue. But it's just a regular IWB.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I think I've seen that, but looking for aiwb with tlr1. I'm seriously debating whether to go with T Rex arms raptor for it with tlr1, or if I should get an xc1 so I can get a JM. I just honestly don't know how much pain in the ass it would be to carry with the tlr1....
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 5:07:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah I think I've seen that, but looking for aiwb with tlr1. I'm seriously debating whether to go with T Rex arms raptor for it with tlr1, or if I should get an xc1 so I can get a JM. I just honestly don't know how much pain in the ass it would be to carry with the tlr1....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't appendix carry, but I've been hauling my 1911w tlr1 and my g19w/ tlr1hl and it's really not much of a difference versus either one minus the light.
Of course that may differ when aiwb
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 11:19:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don't appendix carry, but I've been hauling my 1911w tlr1 and my g19w/ tlr1hl and it's really not much of a difference versus either one minus the light.
View Quote

Yeah I've decided to give it a shot with the T rex Raptor. As I previously mentioned if I don't like it for appendix I'll take the claw off and use it strong side IWB for night hikes and/or walking the dog at night.
Next one I get without a light will probably be a JM.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 5:10:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yeah I've decided to give it a shot with the T rex Raptor. As I previously mentioned if I don't like it for appendix I'll take the claw off and use it strong side IWB for night hikes and/or walking the dog at night.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm about to do the same. Going with T-rex I mean. I just through a Burris Fastfire III on my G19 MOS and they seem to be the only holster maker that I can find that offer's an optic cut.
ETA: I can't get them to accept my damned order. I've literally copy and pasted by billing address from my bank to their order page...and keeps telling me that there's an AVS mismatch Disregard.
Link Posted: 9/23/2016 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I'm about to do the same. Going with T-rex I mean. I just through a Burris Fastfire III on my G19 MOS and they seem to be the only holster maker that I can find that offer's an optic cut.
ETA: I can't get them to accept my damned order. I've literally copy and pasted by billing address from my bank to their order page...and keeps telling me that there's an AVS mismatch Disregard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ordered mine last night, see how it goes.

ETA: got the optic cut even though I don't have an optic thus far. Figured no reason not to.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 12:09:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Might check out T.REX ARMS Sidecar or Raptor

Both are AIWB and have various options for lights.

I got the Ragnarok for my Glock 19 with Surefire 300, and Trijicon RM02.

Am about to purchase one for my P320 with TLR-1.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 1:46:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Might check out T.REX ARMS Sidecar or Raptor

Both are AIWB and have various options for lights.

I got the Ragnarok for my Glock 19 with Surefire 300, and Trijicon RM02.

Am about to purchase one for my P320 with TLR-1.
View Quote

The Raptor is what I ordered for my 320c with tlr1. Got a tracking number emailed this weekend, but it hasn't physically shipped just yet. Thanks Columbus day!

I did also recently order a JM aiwb with claw for a non lighted full size 320 which will also work for the compact. Looking forward to both of these, my first actual aiwb holsters.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 7:34:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

ETA: got the optic cut even though I don't have an optic thus far. Figured no reason not to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your's come in yet? Mine's supposed to be here tomorrow.

Just saw your post. Mine's here tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Mines being delivered tomorrow too, lol that's pretty funny.
Unfortunately I'm outta town til Sunday so won't get to play with it for a couple days yet...
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 7:50:55 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Unfortunately I'm outta town til Sunday so won't get to play with it for a couple days yet...
View Quote

I'll try to let you know how it works out with my g19.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 8:17:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet! I'll put my thoughts on it in here as well. I also ordered a fast ship JM aiwb mag pouch for Glock mags that is supposed to be here Saturday. They're supposed to be pretty badass mag pouches (also ordered one with my JM 320 full size aiwb).
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 9:02:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Have you looked at SwapRig?  I bought one and like it. The shear selection of of gun/light combinations they have is amazing. Who else would have a holster for a P30L with a rail master pro?!?!
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Received my T-rex Arms Raptor for the 320c with TLR1.
I was slightly annoyed that I had to spend about 10 minutes wiping it out with a damp paper towel. There was a gummy residue similar to when you take a price sticker off something. But it cleaned up pretty easy. Aside from that, so far I'm pretty impressed. I wore it around the house a bit checking different mirrors and getting feedback from the gf. It seems to conceal very well with my shorts and beat up old Bianchi 1.25 inch belt (I'm still looking into new belts).  Tried it with different shirts of different size and colors and it worked well with all of them. Was surprised it is comfortable. I was expecting to not care for it aiwb cuz of the big TLR1, but walking with it and even sitting down is no problem at all. I found the comfort and concealability slightly better by having the belt buckle at about 10:00, left of the belt loop of the shorts. Gives more real estate in the front. Having the gun around 12:00 seems to work best so far. Haven't carried it out in public yet, but I don't foresee any problems with this setup.

It usually even "clicks" into the holster, which I understand is not common in lightbearing holsters. Sometimes it doesn't though, seems to depend on the speed it's inserted. The retention is good, made no adjustments out of the box. Even the upside down test passed with flying colors, which isn't really even essential on an IWB IMO. Oh, and this has the 1.5 inch clip for the attachment. Also came with an extra belt loop type clip you can change to if you like, but I like this one just fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top