Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2016 12:33:00 PM EDT
I carried a P226 9mm (W. German, to boot) when I worked nuclear security.  Loved it, but left the job.

I owned a P220 for years.  Loved it, but had to sell.

I have some cash burning a hole in my pocked.  Will I find the P320 .45 ACP Full Size to my liking?  
Yes, it's striker vs. DA/SA, but is that intrinsic Sig magic there?  
Or should I just save for a P227 or another P220?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
JBR

-------------------------------------

Update:

I put 200 rounds through her.  Mostly WWB and American Eagle ball, some reloads, and 10 rounds of Sig premium hollowpoint fodder, just to make sure it fed and functioned for self-defense.

Not.  One.  Hiccup.

I was worried, too, after inconsistent resets during dry-fire, and reading too much forum posts about trigger reset problems.
Nothing to worry about, if you have one or are contemplating one.

It never manifested during live fire, even when I was trying to mash the trigger, then barely engage the reset for the next round.
Thundered the trigger, let off like a feather, mashing the shit out of it, nothing.  Went bang every time.

I feel confident putting it on my concealed weapons permit.  It's a shooter.

For my full review, here's my blog...
http://johnbearross.blogspot.com/2016/08/new-pistola-sig-sauer-p320-in-45-acp.html

And a few pics...

Here's one in case I ever make the papers...

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 7:59:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, you guys had your chance.  I went with the P320.  Pics to follow after I wring it out over the weekend.
Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 8:58:53 PM EDT
[#2]
P320s are excellent pistols.  You won't regret it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:10:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw a used one for $299 not too long ago. I didn't buy it so fuck me.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:16:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.  I agree.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 9:36:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Cause dugan is awesome.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 12:15:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Quick, make another troll thread in GD.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 3:45:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 4:10:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 1:57:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I only managed to put 20 rounds of WWB through her, but I like it.  It carried nicely,  even with the factory plastic holster.  I think i want an extended mag release, though,  since my thumb can't quite reach without shifting my grip.   Thanks.
Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 12:45:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Look forward to seeing a more detailed range report
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 1:13:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Look forward to seeing a more detailed range report
View Quote
And pics!
Link Posted: 8/2/2016 1:36:02 AM EDT
[#12]

i have the p320 in 9mm and it came with the medium grip on it and i was having the same problem just like you when i had to shift my grip in order to release the magazine so i went with the small grip and now i don't have to shift my grip to release the magazine and it feels better then the medium grip.

Quoted:
I only managed to put 20 rounds of WWB through her, but I like it.  It carried nicely,  even with the factory plastic holster.  I think i want an extended mag release, though,  since my thumb can't quite reach without shifting my grip.   Thanks.
Best,
JBR
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/8/2016 12:40:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Update and pics in OP, or head to my blog.

http://johnbearross.blogspot.com/2016/08/new-pistola-sig-sauer-p320-in-45-acp.html

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 12:41:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for all the data OP. I want one.

You have to put it on your permit? That is a bummer.

I am coming out to NV to get out the vote and I had yet to dig up laws..... I guess I am leaving it home. More research is needed.
Link Posted: 8/9/2016 1:13:22 AM EDT
[#15]
"Put it on my permit" is inaccurate on my part.  

We're open carry friendly, and no permit is required for anything except CCW.

NV now just has you qualify with revolvers, and semi-autos.  

As long as you qualify with one, you can carry any of the type.

It used to be, you had to qualify with each individual weapon, and have that serial number on your permit.  

Things have loosened up since then.

More here...
http://www.nevadacarry.org/
https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/state-gun-laws/nevada/
http://www.ccw-lasvegas.com/nv-gun-laws.html
Or get ahold of Joseph Nizzari at Line of Fire.  He's Ishoot2Live on here.  Usually found in the NVHTF.
https://www.facebook.com/Line-of-Fire-LLC-Nevada-103632926352739/home

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 8/13/2016 10:52:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Now stick a 14 round 227 mag in it and update us.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 12:01:00 AM EDT
[#17]
ya know that you bought a Gen 1 pistol.  You might want to check what grip shell if you do any change ups before you buy.

Red
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 3:04:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Is that supposed to work????

If so I néed a .45 320
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZTRjXD7AVU
Cause dugan is awesome.
View Quote

That was cool, the rolling eyes target was too funny, lol
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 4:52:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If so I néed a .45 320
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If so I néed a .45 320

One day my LGS had both a full size 320 .45 and a 227 Tactical or whatever model with the 14 round mag.  I told the salesman I had just heard they were interchangeable and he said let's find out.  Sure enough if you remove the bottom grip on the extended 227 mag it fits the 320 perfectly and locks the slide back.  I never fired one but supposedly it's the best kept secret in New Hampshire.  I would love to know if there are any problems with performance.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 6:52:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

One day my LGS had both a full size 320 .45 and a 227 Tactical or whatever model with the 14 round mag.  I told the salesman I had just heard they were interchangeable and he said let's find out.  Sure enough if you remove the bottom grip on the extended 227 mag it fits the 320 perfectly and locks the slide back.  I never fired one but supposedly it's the best kept secret in New Hampshire.  I would love to know if there are any problems with performance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If so I néed a .45 320

I am frigging tripping out right now. Will definitely look more into this
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 10:55:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
ya know that you bought a Gen 1 pistol.  You might want to check what grip shell if you do any change ups before you buy.

Red
View Quote

I appreciate that.  I am finding out that a small grip in any 45 config is rare.  Guess i will have to adapt.
I do like the size of the gen 1 slide catch.  I don't think I would want a smaller one.  Some dremelin' and epoxyin' may be in the future of a spare grip module.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 11:01:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I am hoping Sig or the aftermarket comes up with +2 or +3 mag extenders, myself.  Nothing too "donkeydick" in proportion.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 11:19:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

The 14 round 227 mags don't work 100% in the P320 45's.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2016 11:10:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

NOooooo!!!  What was the problem with it?  I was so hoping this would be the answer to the dumb 10 round .45 trend.  Come on Sig, make a frame that will hold more bullets.  If you want to win Glock contracts make Glock magazines.  Thats the only thing they do "perfect."
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 12:07:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

NOooooo!!!  What was the problem with it?  I was so hoping this would be the answer to the dumb 10 round .45 trend.  Come on Sig, make a frame that will hold more bullets.  If you want to win Glock contracts make Glock magazines.  Thats the only thing they do "perfect."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the .45 I'd even be appeased if they had a mag similar to the 21 round 9mm P320 mag they have. Would like that in .40 as well. Would also be nice if they had a 33ish round mag for nightstand use. In every other way but mag capacity I prefer the P320 to glocks
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 4:17:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 2:14:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quantico Tactical was backordered on the full/small frame, so I changed my order over to two ten-rounders.  Gotta start practicing mag changes with the small "grip-hop" in position change.  Curse these tiny paws...

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 2:18:57 PM EDT
[#29]
I also have some experience in the 3d prototyping field.  I might break out the calipers and mike, and start taking some measurements for a +2 or +3 3d printed mag extension.
Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 8/18/2016 7:59:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Gentlemen, lets not take this to a Glock vs SIG debate, if you want to post your likes or dis likes with the 320 have at it but I will lock it if it goes GD
View Quote

I'm sorry but I genuinely don't understand this post and you've done it twice. What is being done wrong? And what does "if it goes GD" mean? It's a tech forum and we're discussing technical details of the Sig vs the same specs of some other guns, is that not allowed?
Thanks for clearing up any confusion
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 6:37:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
GD is the  General discussion forum which is a Wild West  pretty much anything goes forum, This Tech forum is for SIG guys to discuss their pistols and any issues thereof, it is not for Glock or whatever brand vs SIG debates, these kind of threads almost always degenerate into arguments without end.

This is the  place for those kind of debates
http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_5/4_Handgun_Discussions.html

View Quote

Thanks for the response, but just so I'm clear, we're not allowed to mention other brands here?
Link Posted: 8/19/2016 6:50:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/20/2016 12:10:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I did not say that, I said the threads where one brand is posted vs SIG as in "my Glock is much better that your SIG ect.. This kind of thread just about always ends up off the tracks... Again, this tech forum is for SIG guys to discuss their SIGs and that includes any honest criticism or as in " I do like my XD9 grip better than my new 229 grip and so on.. It is basically just commonsense, just keep in mind that adversarial type threads will not be allowed.
View Quote

Ok thanks, that's pretty much what I thought, I just thought maybe something was going on in this thread I didn't see or notice.

Anyways moving on with the thread, is there anything in the rumor mill about any upcoming tacops style mags in 40 or 45 like they have in the 9mm 320?
Link Posted: 8/21/2016 10:00:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Your BFL sticker.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 7:36:08 AM EDT
[#36]
I ordered three 3x3" stickers last time I re-upped my membership.  That's how they came.  Just slapped it on.  
https://store.ar15.com/product.html?cat=33&pr=341
Plus, my truck is filthy.  It gets washed twice a year, whether it needs it or not.  

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 7:47:08 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I ordered three 3x3" stickers last time I re-upped my membership.  That's how they came.  Just slapped it on.  

https://store.ar15.com/product.html?cat=33&pr=341

Plus, my truck is filthy.  It gets washed twice a year, whether it needs it or not.  

Best,

JBR
View Quote
You peel the back plastic off after the BFL has been affixed.

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Learn sumpthin' new every day!
Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:28:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Are threaded barrels available for the 45 ACP guns yet?  

They do have a couple 9mm models with threaded barrels.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 5:21:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Gentlemen, lets not take this to a Glock vs SIG debate, if you want to post your likes or dis likes with the 320 have at it but I will lock it if it goes GD
View Quote

For me this isn't a Sig vs. anything other than 10 rounds suck in a .45 when similar sized guns offer more. I mean the sub compact 320 .45 is what,6 rounds?  That's a slap in the face of modern technology.  Sticking a 14 round mag in a .45 320 gave me the wants and then I learned here that they don't work that well.  Booo.  I think we need to stick together and let The Internet know how we feel about this.  in the mean time I have a cloud to yell at and my onions on my belt need to be changed.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 8:22:01 PM EDT
[#41]
I have been looking for a small grip frame for my 45 full size since I bought it last year.  Still no luck.  Hey OP do you notice any play in the trigger?  Mine rattles quite a bit and I have compared it to others in gunshots which never seem to have as much play as mine.
Link Posted: 9/7/2016 1:11:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I have been looking for a small grip frame for my 45 full size since I bought it last year.  Still no luck.  Hey OP do you notice any play in the trigger?  Mine rattles quite a bit and I have compared it to others in gunshots which never seem to have as much play as mine.
View Quote

No luck for me either on a full/small grip module.
Dryfire is a mess.  Inconsistent resets, crunchy triggers, overtravel, you name it.  I thought I had a lemon until i put some rounds through it.
Real shooting is a dream, though.   Nice reset and feel.  No shake or jiggle that i can detect, and the dryfire problems don't manifest with live rounds, despite my efforts to induce failures.  I am in love.

Best,
JBR
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top