BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 11:01:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's not proof.  Anyone can mag their part numbers the same.

And, I don't still know that they are MecGars and neither do you really.  It seems that they might be but neither you nor I know for sure and that statement is not the same as "they aren't MecGars".

You really are hung up on being "right" on this, aren't you.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When did I "pop back in" and start that they aren't MecGars?

You implied that right here

Quoted:

Still don't know if they are MecGar

Quoted:

Prove that and while you are at it, how about you prove that they are.

Same Mags as CDNN available through Greg Cote LLC.

And, I don't still know that they are MecGars and neither do you really.  It seems that they might be but neither you nor I know for sure and that statement is not the same as "they aren't MecGars".

Since you still maintain that there's no proof these are Mec-Gars, tell me what magazine manufacturer based in Italy makes the Sig P226 mags that ship with the MK25.  

Your mouth just keeps spouting diarrhea that you can't back up with fact.

You haven't proven there is a magazine manufacturer named Original Equipment.
You're alleging that CDNN and Greg Cote are misrepresenting these mags.
I showed you where the advertisement said "Made in Italy" and you tried to refute that.  The mags are indeed marked "Made in Italy", which takes us back to my question above.

And it's not about being right, it's about calling you out for all the dumb crap you've been spewing in this thread.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 4:02:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Since you still maintain that there's no proof these are Mec-Gars, tell me what magazine manufacturer based in Italy makes the Sig P226 mags that ship with the MK25.  

I showed you where the advertisement said "Made in Italy" and you tried to refute that.  The mags are indeed marked "Made in Italy", which takes us back to my question above.

And it's not about being right, it's about calling you out for all the dumb crap you've been spewing in this thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You implied that right here

Quoted:

Still don't know if they are MecGar

Quoted:

Prove that and while you are at it, how about you prove that they are.

Same Mags as CDNN available through Greg Cote LLC.

These mags ship with the MK25?  Talk about making stuff up.

And no, MecGar is NOT the only maker of mags in Italy that make mags that will fit the Sigs.

Yep, you just gotta be right and getting kinda personal, sure sign of not being able to prove anything.

Greg Cote mags are actually marked MecGar and what he sells is irrelevant to this thread.  Never said anything about him misrepresenting these mags and CDNN doesn't claim they are MecGars.  You are just making stuff up.

And, when searching for mags, "Original Equipment" is shown as a "brand" but this, of course, has already been pointed out.

You just gotta be right.

It doesn't matter if they are MecGars or not.  I got some.  We will see if they work.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And no, MecGar is NOT the only maker of mags in Italy that make mags that will fit the Sigs.

Yep, you just gotta be right and getting kinda personal, sure sign of not being able to prove anything.

Greg Cote mags are actually marked MecGar and what he sells is irrelevant to this thread. Never said anything about him misrepresenting these mags and CDNN doesn't claim they are MecGars.  You are just making stuff up.

And, when searching for mags, "Original Equipment" is shown as a "brand" but this, of course, has already been pointed out.

You just gotta be right.

It doesn't matter if they are MecGars or not.  I got some.  We will see if they work.
View Quote

Taken from the ad linked in the OP:

"same manufacturer that originally made the magazines that shipped with the MK25, the pistol of choice for US Navy Seal teams, manufactured this magazine."

And again, what other Italian based manufacturer makes Sig OEM magazines???????????????????????????????????

They are the same magazine, that's why it is relevant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 6/18/2016 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

"same manufacturer that originally made the magazines that shipped with the MK25, the pistol of choice for US Navy Seal teams, manufactured this magazine."

And again, what other Italian based manufacturer makes Sig OEM magazines???????????????????????????????????

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Greg Cote mags are actually marked MecGar and what he sells is irrelevant to this thread. Never said anything about him misrepresenting these mags and CDNN doesn't claim they are MecGars.  You are just making stuff up.

You just gotta be right.

Very ambigious and proves nothing.  Why don't they just say "made by MecGar"?

It's pitiful that this is so important to you.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 6:44:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Why don't you just call Greg and ask him?  He's a nice guy and will tell you.   You do know that Mec-Gar has a no competition agreement with Sig to not produce 15 round 226 mags right?  Could have a little to do with the no markings.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You just gotta be right.

That's rich coming from a guy who has posted in this thread more than I have and added nothing correct or constructive to the discussion and who used to constantly make a big deal of members referring to their 308 ARs as AR10s.

In this case, you are wrong and you refuse to admit it.  

Mec-Gars are the only Italian made magazines shipped with the Sig P226 MK25.
The mags that Greg Cote identifies on his site as Mec-Gars are identical to the ones offered by CDNN.  They also have the same description and part number.
There is no Italian magazine manufacturer named Original Equipment, CDNN uses Original Equipment as the manufacturer when they can't name the actual manufacturer.
Link Posted: 6/18/2016 7:36:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Pics of the 3 I ordered from Greg Cote LLC compared with the 4 ordered from CDNN.  Notice on the Greg Cote receipt, they are identified as Mec-Gar mags
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#8]
All this speculation notwithstanding I just want them to be reliable, I don't care where they came from. I'm about to go try some of them out in a little bit so we'll see.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 1:50:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:  Mine came in the mail today. I bought these as range/backup mags for a Taurus PT111G2. They are 15 rounders and fit in the gun well with no movement side to side at all. They strip the first round off easier than the factory mags do and stick out about an inch past the bottom of the grip. Makes a nice finger rest actually.  Nice gray finish (oily as hell out of the package) with P226-9mm on the left side of the body, round count holes on the right and Made in Italy on the front. If they hold the slide back on the last round like they supposed to, I will be quite happy and may order a couple more.

The ammo I ordered came Fed Ex and required a signature.  Been awhile since I ordered ammo.
View Quote

Have you run 226 mags in the PT111 before?  I'm anxious to be able to tell my customers whether it works or not.  I know they fit - I just don't have confirmation that they feed.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#10]
The Mags from CDNN are indeed the same mags that come with a MK25 I bought 4 and they are identical to the mags that came with my MK25 which I traded for a West German P226. I still have those 4 and a total of 10 now, and they say made in Italy on them just like the picture above. It is well known that Mecgar is the current mfg of Sig factory Mags and have been for some time now.

I also recently bought 8 of the similar mags for my West German SigP228 and they not only say made in Italy on them but also say P228 on them. They are the best deal on magazines and they fit and function great.

I have spent close to a grand with CDNN on GLOCK, HK, and Sig Mags from CDNN in the last 30 days, my last order was 493.00 with shipping on GLOCK and HK Mags. And I have another order for 233.00 coming in Tuesday for Sig and HK mags.

If y'all haven't seen them yet check out the polymer 30 round HK 416 Mags they have for 13.99 each. They are a smoke grey see thru and are marked HK and made in Germany awesome mags that also fit and function in a AR15 perfectly.
Link Posted: 6/19/2016 9:40:23 PM EDT
[#11]
How do the 18rnd men gar ones with anti friction coating compare? (Capacity aside). Is the coating worth having over standard? They are $25 vs. $20. Need some for upcoming 226. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 10:38:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

How do the 18rnd men gar ones with anti friction coating compare? (Capacity aside). Is the coating worth having over standard? They are $25 vs. $20. Need some for upcoming 226. Thanks
View Quote

I received these CDNN mags and I am pleased with them. I don't know what the hell a MK25 even is anymore,but I know these mags to be the original SIG Navy contract mags; the same ones that came with the original 226 Navy guns. Super nice mags...

BUT...

I think for $5 more per mag, I prefer the flush-fit 18 round AFC. The 226 grip isn't small, so I'll happily take the extra rounds on board. Mec-Gar has been maximizing SIG capacities with great success for many years now. We're comparing top notch Mec-Gar mags to top notch Mec-Gar mags, so you can't go wrong either way.

On the subject of "OEM" wording versus coming out and saying Mec-Gar, there are often contractual obligations that the OEM supplier must follow to as to not hurt or impede in the direct (branded) sales from the manufacturer. Sometimes the terms are different. Look at Walther P99 & PPQ mags. Mec-Gar won't sell them, you have to buy Walther branded mags.

Link Posted: 6/20/2016 11:33:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Check-Mate has the contract for 226 mags now and they can't sell 'em either.  It comes with the territory.  

As far as 15 vs 18 round?  The 18 rounders are proven reliable, but I still trust the 15s more.  The spring and follower are are a better arrangement.  The follower on the 18 rounders can possibly get tilted in the mag and cause a problem.  I had it happen on a 15 round Hi Power mag, which is basically the same thing.
Link Posted: 6/20/2016 6:55:25 PM EDT
[#14]
FWIW, the Mec-Gar higher capacity mags are not an unknown quantity. They have been making them for at least 15 years now, impeccably.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:09:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
FWIW, the Mec-Gar higher capacity mags are not an unknown quantity. They have been making them for at least 15 years now, impeccably.
View Quote

I use Mec Gar 15 round mags in my P228 exclusively and have for years with no problems whatsoever. I need to try a couple of the 18 round mags for my 226.
Link Posted: 6/21/2016 8:25:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I use Mec Gar 15 round mags in my P228 exclusively and have for years with no problems whatsoever. I need to try a couple of the 18 round mags for my 226.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have 6 18 rounders and 6 20 rounders for my 226.  Only using one of each for about 3000 rounds now with zero issues.

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 1:33:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Got to try out my 2 mags and they functioned flawlessly.
Awesome mags at a great price.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top