Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2016 10:03:08 AM EDT
Other than striker fired vs hammer fired, what is the justification for the extra $200 cost of the 320 over the 250?
The gen 2 250 can be had for around $400, the 320 from what I've seen sells for 550-580+

Why shouldn't I get a 250?
It looks like the same polymer grip on both, obviously slightly different trigger assemblies, but otherwise pretty much the same gun from what I can see.
why is the 320 so much more? Just because it's newer? I can't imagine striker fire costs that much more to design and produce..

thoughts?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:18:37 AM EDT
[#1]
The triggers are WAY more than "slightly" different. Go dry fire one of each and then come back and let us know what you think.

Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:29:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The triggers are more WAY than "slightly" different. Go dry fire one of each and then come back and let us know what you think.
View Quote

I know the 250 has a longer double action trigger pull, problem is nobody has them in stock locally so I can't really play around with one.
I checked out a 320 yesterday, and it was pretty sweet, I'm just wondering if the difference is that drastic to warrant an additional $200 :)
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:02:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The triggers are more WAY than "slightly" different. Go dry fire one of each and then come back and let us know what you think.
View Quote

The 250 is LLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

If you do your job it is accurate as any other sig but the 320 is what it should have been to start.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:08:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#5]
And the P250 had some early teething issues that contribute to it's lesser demand.  Ultimately, in the "Glock age," who wants a DAO?  
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#6]
As mentioned, the P320 is a way better trigger for most shooter's reports. Budsgunshop has P320's for $500 all the time with free shipping and no sales tax. They even had a two magazine version for $450 last week. Talk to your dealer and see if they will match it. Mine did.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 12:59:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As mentioned, the P320 is a way better trigger for most shooter's reports. Budsgunshop has P320's for $500 all the time with free shipping and no sales tax. They even had a two magazine version for $450 last week. Talk to your dealer and see if they will match it. Mine did.
View Quote

damn, if I'd have seen that I would have jumped and this post wouldn't exist lol
I talked to a ffl today and he said they advertise the lowest allowable by sig, but could probably do better.. wouldn't say how much though.

Wish I'd have caught that sale :(

Edit
Wouldn't happen to be this one would it?
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/719003104/SIG+P320+9MM+COMPACT+W+FULL+LENGTH+SLIDE

compact frame with full length slide is kinda goofy imo.. if it was a compact slide in 9mm I'd be all over it.
However I wanted to do a 9mm compact for carry and .45 fullsize for giggles..
oh well the search continues :)
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:  damn, if I'd have seen that I would have jumped and this post wouldn't exist lol
I talked to a ffl today and he said they advertise the lowest allowable by sig, but could probably do better.. wouldn't say how much though.

Edit
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/719003104/SIG+P320+9MM+COMPACT+W+FULL+LENGTH+SLIDE

compact frame with full length slide is kinda goofy imo.. if it was a compact slide in 9mm I'd be all over it.
View Quote

You do know you can swap out slides and frames, right?
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:14:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  damn, if I'd have seen that I would have jumped and this post wouldn't exist lol

Edit

yes, but I wanted a compact 9mm frame/slide for carry
I'd have to buy a compact 9mm kit and then the .45 kit on top of the 9mm fullsize that link comes with to get what I wanted.

I guess the extra inch of barrel and slide isn't that big a deal, but I wanted something a little smaller for carrying is all.

4.7" vs 3.9" for fullsize barrel to compact
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:20:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:  yes, but I wanted a compact 9mm frame/slide for carry
I'd have to buy a compact 9mm kit and then the .45 kit on top of the 9mm fullsize that link comes with to get what I wanted.

I guess the extra inch of barrel and slide isn't that big a deal, but I wanted something a little smaller for carrying is all.

View Quote

I'm not sure the .45" kit drops onto a standard 320 receiver.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:31:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I think you're right.. the 250 has x-change kits for 9, 40, .357 sig and .45 acp..
the 320 says .45 kit "coming soon" for most of the frame sizes, however for the full size barrel and slide kit sig's site says .45 is available.. no mention of a different grip/receiver though.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

you're right, there is a .45 grip module for the 320.
However the trigger assembly should be the same regardless of the module correct?

so lets say I buy a 9mm compact, and buy the .45 caliber xchange kit from sig, it comes with barrel, grip, spring and slide, and the trigger mechanism just pops into that .45 frame right?

nevermind, found the answer.. the 45 stands alone apparently, it has a smaller ejector than the others :(
https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/sig-sauer-p320-grows-up-to-45-acp-review/
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 1:55:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I really liked the grip on my 250. It also looked really cool. And was a cheap Sig.

I just couldn't get over that damn trigger. I kept just sighing and saying "why?" Compared to any other pistol it was just silly. Traded it for my first glock, had the glock for a month and traded it and $100 for a usp.

I'll check out the 320 one of these days. But you could give me a 250 as a gift. I'd sell it without taking it out of the box.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:  I think you're right.. the 250 has x-change kits for 9, 40, .357 sig and .45 acp..
the 320 says .45 kit "coming soon" for most of the frame sizes, however for the full size barrel and slide kit sig's site says .45 is available.. no mention of a different grip/receiver though.
View Quote

Think there's a .22" LR kit for the 250 as well.  @ least complete .22" LR guns are sold on the 250 frame.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 6:07:30 PM EDT
[#15]
My local Cabela's had both a P250 and P320 in stock.
I tried the P250 just for s&g and it reminded me of a HK P2000 LEM. Looonnngggg double action trigger like a revolver.

Went to pickup a P320 and never even considered the P250. Just wanted to try it.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 6:15:18 PM EDT
[#16]
$200 more??? from what I have been finding online for a sig p320 is $430-$480 and that's a $100 more than the p250's. but if you try to buy at your loacal gun store then they will charge a lot more sometimes $200 more than you can find online. I have been thinking about buying a p320 and shopping around for the best price. so sometimes you can find firearms with free shipping or a small shipping fee like $10 and then just find a good ffl dealer that charges a low fee and you can save a lot of $$$ and use that for ammo magazines different sights or aftermarket parts.

Quoted:
Other than striker fired vs hammer fired, what is the justification for the extra $200 cost of the 320 over the 250?
The gen 2 250 can be had for around $400, the 320 from what I've seen sells for 550-580+

Why shouldn't I get a 250?
It looks like the same polymer grip on both, obviously slightly different trigger assemblies, but otherwise pretty much the same gun from what I can see.
why is the 320 so much more? Just because it's newer? I can't imagine striker fire costs that much more to design and produce..

thoughts?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 1:10:16 AM EDT
[#17]
I honestly don't know why the P250 is still on the market.

Link Posted: 5/25/2016 1:17:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:  I honestly don't know why the P250 is still on the market.

View Quote

SIG made a LOT of those slides - and they won't quite convert to a 320 slide, though I'm sure they tried.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 1:47:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I think you're right.. the 250 has x-change kits for 9, 40, .357 sig and .45 acp..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't matter.  When you buy a caliber exchange kit, you get everything but the FCG anyway. Grip, slide, and barrel.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 8:49:48 AM EDT
[#20]
I really liked my P250's, a little training and the DAO trigger was no problem at all. Only reason I switched to the P320 was speed of followup shots.
Tomac
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:22:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Just get the P320 and be done with it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Doesn't matter.  When you buy a caliber exchange kit, you get everything but the FCG anyway. Grip, slide, and barrel.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  I think you're right.. the 250 has x-change kits for 9, 40, .357 sig and .45 acp..

Let's be clear - w/ the 320, the receiver is an entirely different animal than the grip.  The grip is just a replaceable part.  The receiver (trigger group, slide release, & takedown lever) IS the gun.

It's not clear to me that the .45" ACP 320 slides or receivers are compatible w/ the rest of the 320 line.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 10:29:52 AM EDT
[#23]
The P320 45 line is separate and not compatible with the P320 9/40/357 line.
A P320 45 magazine will not fit into a 9/40/357 fcu.

Quoted:

Let's be clear - w/ the 320, the receiver is an entirely different animal than the grip.  The grip is just a replaceable part.  The receiver (trigger group, slide release, & takedown lever) IS the gun.

It's not clear to me that the .45" ACP 320 slides or receivers are compatible w/ the rest of the 320 line.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/31/2016 8:29:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Email Mark at Summitgunbroker.com, he's got GOOD prices and when I bought my 320c in 9mm it included a free Sig Range bag which is nice too.  There are dealers who sell below MAP, th y just don't advertise it...
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 8:37:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Email Mark at Summitgunbroker.com, he's got GOOD prices and when I bought my 320c in 9mm it included a free Sig Range bag which is nice too.  There are dealers who sell below MAP, th y just don't advertise it...
View Quote

Summitgunbroker usually has good prices, Georgia Gun Store is also pretty good.  Check both to compare.
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 9:45:00 PM EDT
[#26]
I like my 250 for EDC and the 320 for other outings.
Some dry fire time with the 250 and it isn't a big deal, especially once you learn to "stage" the trigger.
If I had to choose only one I honestly would have a hard time.
I'm obviously the weirdo...lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top