Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2016 2:32:10 PM EDT
Howdy all. I am thinking of switching to a Sig from a S&Windows Shield. Anyone know which model is should look at?
Looking at night sights, SRT, thin profile for CCW, and .357 Sig......
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Why? What is wrong with your shield?
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#2]
P239
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 7:12:33 PM EDT
[#4]
For what you listed, I would agree that the 239 would be the closest. The P290 maybe a option but no SRT trigger and its is DAO. Some really dislike the single action heavy trigger.

Size wise with the specs you listed, I do not think SIG has anything that matches up.

And I do not own a Shield nor do I like them.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:16:34 PM EDT
[#5]
P239 is a lot heavier and a little bigger than a Shield.  Awesome pistol though.  I carry a 9mm 239 all the time.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 11:01:46 PM EDT
[#6]
P290 or 938

The 938 is SAO though.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 4:30:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Nothing.... other than caliber.  My issued duty pistol is a 226 in 357 Sig. I'd like ammo interchangability and the same trigger pull as my duty weapon.

Other than that I love my Shield
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:54:47 AM EDT
[#8]
It seems like a Sig 239 in .357 sig would work for you but I had one and got rid of it for a 229 in .357 sig. The 239 single stack was heavy and held limited rounds. The 229 was thicker but basically the same foot print as the 239 in length and height so why not more rounds for the 229.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 7:27:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Nothing.... other than caliber.  My issued duty pistol is a 226 in 357 Sig. I'd like ammo interchangability and the same trigger pull as my duty weapon.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love my shield as well. But that considered, I wanna try a compact P320 with a subcompact grip module. At 12+1 rounds, it's plenty more capacity than my 7+1 or 8+1 shield. I'd like to give it a try anyways and see how comfy.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 5:48:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I love my shield as well. But that considered, I wanna try a compact P320 with a subcompact grip module. At 12+1 rounds, it's plenty more capacity than my 7+1 or 8+1 shield. I'd like to give it a try anyways and see how comfy.
View Quote

If you want to try a compact or subcompact P320 in 9mm, let me know. You can try out mine, provided you supply your ammo. I'm near Culpeper.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 5:56:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I love the P225A
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I love the P225A
View Quote

Not quite the same size as a Shield, however.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#13]
In striker fired, I do like the P320--accurate, good trigger, versatile for changing the frame or caliber, and a pretty decent price.  Mine is a compact and I have put on the subcompact frame for carry; you could go all compact for a shorter barrel if desired.  DA/SA probably the P290 (I'd like to try out the Legion series) and for a 1911 style pistol try the P938.  Several choices, I like my SIGs, so I'd say try all three.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you looking for a BU or an off duty handgun? Both?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:40:23 PM EDT
[#15]
290 is the closest in size. It's a solid gun, but it's DAO & a heavy trigger pull. They have models with G10 grips that help controlability a lot. Also a galloway trigger kit out there that's supposed to help with the trigger, haven't tried it myself though.

239 mentioned above. Great gun, but a lot bigger & heavier than your shield. 8rd mag seems small for the size of the gun. I still carry mine, but a lot less often lately in favor of better options.

320 subcompact. It's a double stack, so may not be what you want since it's thicker. Otherwise, this gun is nothing short of awesome.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't catch this before posting. A 224 is probably the closest feel to your 226, while being a subcompact.

Personally, I'm not a fan though. I wanted to like it, on paper seemed great. In person, way too heavy for what it was. Ended up with a 320 SC.

Now if they would just make the 290 with the 320 internals.....
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#17]
239 is what you seek.  Seriously consider the 320C though.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:02:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both...

Thanks for the suggestions all. I will try to find a few to "fondle" and go from there
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:15:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Both...

Thanks for the suggestions all. I will try to find a few to "fondle" and go from there
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Both...

Knowing that I'd suggest the P224 then to be able to use the same mags. But the P224 is a love or hate relationship from those with the experience in the Sig Facebook EDC group.

If you're allowed, try the P320 and get two models, one for duty and the other for a BU and off duty carry. The grip modules are weird though for the different sizes. It's the total diameter and not the back strap that determines small, medium, and large. I'm a medium back strap pistol user and the P320 medium was too wide in my hands. Getting the small actually made it better for me and my groups went smaller making it easier to nail 50 yards with the RMR on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top