Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2016 11:26:34 AM EDT
Hey I am looking for a weapon light for my Sig P226 Legion. I had tried a TLR-1 and I am noticing that the light isn't a perfect fit, and it is marring up the frame finish and has even deformed the rails a little bit. In an effort to not do any additional damage to the frame rails I have removed this light and I'd like to replace it with something that properly fits it. I wasn't able to find any specific lights that are made for the P226 frame rails so I thought I'd see if anyone could suggest a good quality weapon light that won't damage my gun further.

I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats on the Legion...I'm trying (not) to get one (two) myself.

I have three different lights mounted on (standard ) P226s:  An SF X300U-A , an SF X300U-B and a Streamlight TLR-1s.

To be honest, I mounted the TLR-1s first on my beside weapon and I haven't fiddled with it much (or enough to notice what you did re:  the fit; but I'm going to check it out when I'm home).

I did like the fit of the Surefires but never compared them to the Streamlight side-by-side.

The -A has the QR and the -B has the thumbscrew and "enhanced T-slot mounting system" (per Surefire's description).

You might take a look at the SFs.

Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:21:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I use an X300U-B on my MK25.  Best light I've ever used on Sig and Beretta rails.
Link Posted: 4/26/2016 10:54:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Might look at the Inforce APL.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 5:09:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use an X300U-B on my MK25.  Best light I've ever used on Sig and Beretta rails.
View Quote

Unless I'm mistaken doesn't the MK25 have standard 1913 rails? The Legion has Proprietary Sig rails, and I've seen a lot of posts and a video or two of people saying they had to modify their X300 light to fit their Sig rails.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 9:54:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Unless I'm mistaken doesn't the MK25 have standard 1913 rails? The Legion has Proprietary Sig rails, and I've seen a lot of posts and a video or two of people saying they had to modify their X300 light to fit their Sig rails.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I should have clarified.  My railed P226s are MK25s.  I've never tried a Sig spec rail. I would think the X300U-B would be good since it clamps to rail instead of the recoil lug being spring loaded like the original X series lights.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 8:57:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I mount a X300 to Sig spec rail and it works fine in my case
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 11:47:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the older design spring-loaded X300V on a SIG railed P226R and it fits perfectly.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:04:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I have an x300 ultra on an MK25

To get the best mounting you need to

1. convert the light to 1913 rail mounting included in the kit.

2. Then you need to remove the plastic cap on the batter door*

* it sits between the light actuator switches, and is pinned in place. A member started a thread about it a few months ago, but I can't find it.

Link Posted: 5/5/2016 1:05:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's my P226 Legion with X300U, fits perfect (the lever on the light isn't seated into the rail slot in this picture, but it snaps in snug)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top