Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/16/2016 7:23:27 PM EDT
...and I remain unwilling to fork over $1,200+ (assumed street price) for a 9mm pistol.

Maybe if I could shoot beforehand to compare it side-by-side with my other 9mm Sigs (SP2022, P250, P320), then I might think about it*- of course, truth told, I would have a heck of a time deciding if a Legion did $600-800 worth of superior performance over any of them.

From the outside, looks like a Legion buyer would be paying for 80% gimmick (club membership for buying "premium" humidors?  ) and 20% improved gun performance.   Not a good bargain if you ask me.

*I'm not just talking about slow-fire accuracy; maybe a series of El Presidente, Mozambique, failure drill, or some other kinds of runs to get a comprehensive feel for how it does.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 7:53:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I get what you are saying, but I dont think comparing it to an Sp2022 or P250, or P320 is a valid comparison.

I think a better comparison is the Sig P229/P226 Elite.

And for the record, I don't see the added attraction of the Legion series pistols either.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:09:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I have a MK25 and a legion, and my legion kicks it's ass.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:12:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Meh, they aren't ludicrously more expensive than any of the trim packages of"non-legion" P226s and P229s and have a few bells and whistles(like trigger and xray sights). I've already seen a few on the shelf actually around here and they were under $1200.

I tend to agree with you, I have a hard time dropping a $1000 on any handgun typically. But we are not the target market obviously.

Granted I probably have over a K invested in my P320 already....
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:25:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I think that is the key to the market they're after. People who want to upgrade their weapons can 'have it all' in factory spec. with the Legion. I'm trying to talk myself into it personally, I want one big time. 'Hmmm, 2 p320's, or 1 Legion...' Ultimately I suspect I'll go with 1 P320, but it'll be an economic decision.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:50:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Well I have a MK25 and a legion, and my legion kicks it's ass.
View Quote

Alright- in what way does it do that?  Details are useful.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:54:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Meh, they aren't ludicrously more expensive than any of the trim packages of"non-legion" P226s and P229s and have a few bells and whistles(like trigger and xray sights). I've already seen a few on the shelf actually around here and they were under $1200.

I tend to agree with you, I have a hard time dropping a $1000 on any handgun typically. But we are not the target market obviously.

View Quote

When it comes to money, I am a detail-oriented guy- would you be kind enough to tell me what your list of investments is?  I don't care about costs, just want to know what you did- trigger upgrade, cerakoting, extended mag release, slide stop mod, stuff like that (where applicable).

I have a p320 Carry and really don't feel like it needs anything (except more mags, without breaking the bank to do it ).
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:16:59 PM EDT
[#7]
My FFL is currently trying to get me a P229 Legion in .357, but not having any luck.  I get from that that they are selling pretty quick.  The street price from him is $1050, so I'm guessing the wholesale is a little over $1K.  

$1050 for a P229 with all that they did to it seems like a pretty good deal to me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 11:51:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Let's compare them to P series production from about 2004 and see where they stand. Haha
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:17:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

When it comes to money, I am a detail-oriented guy- would you be kind enough to tell me what your list of investments is?  I don't care about costs, just want to know what you did- trigger upgrade, cerakoting, extended mag release, slide stop mod, stuff like that (where applicable).

I have a p320 Carry and really don't feel like it needs anything (except more mags, without breaking the bank to do it ).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well lets see:

I bought mine P320 Compact 9mm from Academy instead of from an LE dealer so it was something like $570 otd I think.

-Bought 4 17 rnd mags
-Bought 3 different Grip Modules
-Sig Xray sights
-Apex Trigger
-Duty Holsters and other Holsters
-Slide milled for RMR
-Dawson Tall sights for co-witness
-Trijicon RMR01(Not sure if you'd count that, already had it technically)

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:26:27 AM EDT
[#10]
What does your 320 do that a Hi Point can't do the same? A BMW vs a KIA, etc. Worth is only in the eye of the beholder and some people like to own higher-end things.
That being said, my P226 Legion is fantastic and I wouldn't trade it for any combo of the 3 cheapest guns Sig makes (SP2022, P250, P320).
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 1:29:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What does your 320 do that a Hi Point can't do the same? A BMW vs a KIA, etc. Worth is only in the eye of the beholder and some people like to own higher-end things.
That being said, my P226 Legion is fantastic and I wouldn't trade it for any combo of the 3 cheapest guns Sig makes (SP2022, P250, P320).
View Quote

I see your rhetorical point.  However, I can articulate- right off the top of my head- why a 320 is better than a Hi-point without ever having to do a side-by-side comparison on the shooting range: the mag capacity, size (I can carry a 320 IWB without having to buy pants 6 sizes larger than what I wear!), grip/frame customize-ability, and no external/positive safety are just a few of the core elements that are readily apparent differences between the two...and what would generally make the 320 much more preferable, even with the price gap being what it is.

To be fair, the Legion pitchman reviewer included a cost estimate of each "enhancement" present on the Legion, to somewhat justify the cost.  But is the net cost a true, no-BS indicator of the quality?  The author stated that he could get 2.65" average groups at 25 yards with it, using fairly common JHP ammo.   You really like your gun- okay, but how would you quantify it?  I already know I can shoot very near to 3" groups with my P250 using Aguila ball ammo- what would you say if I could tighten things up a bit and get 2.65" or better at 25 yards with JHPs?  Do you think it's not possible, on the basis that my Sig costs less than half of what yours does?  What if I could do the same with my 320, or the 2022 (even if only in SA)?
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 2:32:39 AM EDT
[#12]
It is cheaper than a full custom run + refinish on a 226 or 229. I think its a smart move for Sig to offer these kind of packages, and I think you will see other manufacturers follow suit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 8:34:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I see your rhetorical point.  However, I can articulate- right off the top of my head- why a 320 is better than a Hi-point without ever having to do a side-by-side comparison on the shooting range: the mag capacity, size (I can carry a 320 IWB without having to buy pants 6 sizes larger than what I wear!), grip/frame customize-ability, and no external/positive safety are just a few of the core elements that are readily apparent differences between the two...and what would generally make the 320 much more preferable, even with the price gap being what it is.

To be fair, the Legion pitchman reviewer included a cost estimate of each "enhancement" present on the Legion, to somewhat justify the cost.  But is the net cost a true, no-BS indicator of the quality?  The author stated that he could get 2.65" average groups at 25 yards with it, using fairly common JHP ammo.   You really like your gun- okay, but how would you quantify it?  I already know I can shoot very near to 3" groups with my P250 using Aguila ball ammo- what would you say if I could tighten things up a bit and get 2.65" or better at 25 yards with JHPs?  Do you think it's not possible, on the basis that my Sig costs less than half of what yours does?  What if I could do the same with my 320, or the 2022 (even if only in SA)?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would anybody ever by a Perazzi shotgun?  Or an SKB?  Or a high end Beretta?  Hell, why would anyone buy a Benelli over a Remington 870?  There are plenty of guys on this site who try so feverishly to tell us why their pump "shotty" ( is all they need for any shooting occasion.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:03:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Why would anybody ever by a Perazzi shotgun?  Or an SKB?  Or a high end Beretta?  Hell, why would anyone buy a Benelli over a Remington 870?  There are plenty of guys on this site who try so feverishly to tell us why their pump "shotty" ( is all they need for any shooting occasion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can shoot skeet with an11-87, but I'd rather have k-32 or k-80.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:41:28 AM EDT
[#15]
I never jumped or see myself jumping on the legion bandwagon.

I just see them as a niche ever since the X series of pistols have dried up now. My .02
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:56:41 AM EDT
[#16]
I moved to AIWB about two years ago.  Recently, I've been thinking more and more about moving away from Glock and back to a gun with a hammer in part due to JW777's posts here regarding the relative safety of having a hammer on a gun carried AIWB.  To that end, I decided to buy a gun with a hammer.  I cut my teeth on SIG's P-series guns when I started shooting 13 years ago and I don't mind the DA/SA system so a SIG was a logical choice.  I also considered Beretta, HK, and CZ.  In the end it came down to a P30 or a P229.  I considered a P229 legion because the trigger is excellent and would have cost me somewhere around $1100+tax.  But in the end I went with the P30 (900+tax).  But by the time I put night sights ($125) on it, buy an extra mag ($40), and install the parts to convert my V1 LEM pistol to V4.1CH configuration($100), I could have had a Legion.  And honestly, for what you get, the Legion isn't a bad deal.  In the end, my reasons for choosing the P30 over the SIG were mostly borne out of a desire to try something different.  I'll probably pick up a P229 Legion at some point, but the price wasn't the reason I didn't pick it up today (at least not the difference in price between a standard P229 and a Legion).

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#17]
It is really simply...you make it...people will buy it if it is something they want. People want these guns. Dealers can not keep them in stock.

If you are only buying a 250, 320, and 2022 because of the low cost for the value you get in a good gun, then you are probably NOT the target market SIG is aiming for.

I have no interest in the Legion. But I have never had any interest in the 250 or 2022 either. Why buy a cheap SIG when I can buy a nice 226 or 229?

I like the basics with night sights and maybe a few SAS models. I have no interest in the other marketing stuff like the MK25. Does not mean other people do not like the MK25 and feel the need to buy them. They may have a need for the specs the guns come with.

The Legion is not going to make me any better of a shooter then I already shoot with my other 226s or 229s. But to each their own.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 12:26:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Zero fucks given about the DA/SA versions.

The SAO has the nicest trigger I have ever felt in a handgun outside of a GOOD 1911, period.

Shot mine today for the first time.  Going to be hard going back to anything else.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 12:37:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It is really simply...you make it...people will buy it if it is something they want. People want these guns. Dealers can not keep them in stock.

If you are only buying a 250, 320, and 2022 because of the low cost for the value you get in a good gun, then you are probably NOT the target market SIG is aiming for.

I have no interest in the Legion. But I have never had any interest in the 250 or 2022 either. Why buy a cheap SIG when I can buy a nice 226 or 229?

I like the basics with night sights and maybe a few SAS models. I have no interest in the other marketing stuff like the MK25. Does not mean other people do not like the MK25 and feel the need to buy them. They may have a need for the specs the guns come with.

The Legion is not going to make me any better of a shooter then I already shoot with my other 226s or 229s. But to each their own.
View Quote

Fair question.

1)  I like light guns for carry purposes.
1a) I like cheap guns for carry purposes; I expect the police to confiscate them if they're ever used for self-defense, and I don't necessarily expect to ever get them back (although I always believe I should get them returned), so it makes sense to use something that's easily replaceable- which is also part of why I also buy and use Glocks.  
2)  I like being able to easily/cheaply replace the lower frame (250 and 320 only) if they get scratched or damaged.  I can also experiment with painting/coating different frames with minimal loss.
2a)  I'll be less likely to "hold back" on my usage of them, and be more (realistically) hard on my guns in theory and in practice.
3)  If I like the gun a lot and want another, it's financially easier to acquire a complete copy.

As the other commentator mentioned, the SAO Sigs are exquisite and truly in a league of their own- this I personally learned from my own copies of the P220 line.  To date, I don't own a 9mm SAO (edit: from Sig...my Hi-Power's ears are burning ) but I would certainly put down a not-modest amount of cash for a SAO and trigger system like the Legion's...being able to avoid "full" Legion pricing for that doesn't seem to be possible right now, though.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 1:31:07 PM EDT
[#20]
I could have gone cheaper, but the Legion 226 fits my hand great, while the Sp2022, 226, etc. fit but not great. I almost went Beretta m9A3, but the front strap checkering was a bit too aggressive IMO. Both that and the Legion felt great, but I heard the 226 was a better suppressor host, and I lusted after the X5s which were out of my reach, this checks a few of those boxes. The undercut, thinner grips, and smaller slide stop make a huge difference to me. The case is "meh" to me, I would have rather had 3 more mags than a "challenge coin" and a large case with no handle, but it does look cool.

That said, I don't notice I shoot it any better than any other 9mm. Recoil is more pronounced than I expected, but it's got a lot of slide mass moving. If funds allow I'll probably pick up an M9A3 in the future, compare them back to back, and sell the loser. I sold a nice XDM and extras to fund this, and I will say the Legion looks cool. I expect many fist bumps at the range. I may put a Yeti sticker on the slide.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 3:35:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Fair question.

1a) I like cheap guns for carry purposes; I expect the police to confiscate them if they're ever used for self-defense, and I don't necessarily expect to ever get them back (although I always believe I should get them returned), so it makes sense to use something that's easily replaceable- which is also part of why I also buy and use Glocks.  
2)  I like being able to easily/cheaply replace the lower frame (250 and 320 only) if they get scratched or damaged.  I can also experiment with painting/coating different frames with minimal loss.
2a)  I'll be less likely to "hold back" on my usage of them, and be more (realistically) hard on my guns in theory and in practice.
3)  If I like the gun a lot and want another, it's financially easier to acquire a complete copy.

As the other commentator mentioned, the SAO Sigs are exquisite and truly in a league of their own- this I personally learned from my own copies of the P220 line.  To date, I don't own a 9mm SAO (edit: from Sig...my Hi-Power's ears are burning ) but I would certainly put down a not-modest amount of cash for a SAO and trigger system like the Legion's...being able to avoid "full" Legion pricing for that doesn't seem to be possible right now, though.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair question.

I am not knocking your choices you listed. I buy used 229s to screw with. But I have also never paid over $950 for a SIG. The $950 was a SIG 1911 Tacops. The rest of my SIGs have been below $800 including the new ones, well not counting my 227 SAS. That was a little over $800.

If I ever have the need to use one of my guns, I am not worried about the police taking it.  That is why I have more than one. I only want to make sure I have a gun I trust my life with. That is why I buy SIGs. I have some I worry about scratching but these stay in the safe unless I take them shooting. My carry guns I do not worry about scratching them. They are tools to be used. Tools get wear marks and scratches.  

It is kind of like cars. Yeah I can get a cheap ford focus. It will get me where I need to go and back. But I choose to buy nicer cars to drive to the same places and back. Why, because I like the nicer cars.

If you don't want to buy a nicer car to drive, then don't. Stick with the focus. Nothing wrong with a focus if it gets you where you need to be.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 5:22:02 PM EDT
[#23]
I will say that the P30 would have gotten left at the distributor if I could've bought a P229 SAO Legion.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:07:48 PM EDT
[#24]
There's a lot of contempt for the legion series for some reason. Of all the series that Sig puts out, the legion series comes with useful features instead of some fancy finish. I don't mind paying a little more for these features to be factory. The sights, the grip and the trigger are all superb.

The whole legion club thing is stupid, but I really doubt people are buying them for that aspect. I wouldn't let that influence your decision if you're considering looking at one.

I have a 226 legion SAO and it's phenomenal, in fact after I shot it some I ordered the 229 DA/SA which will be here tomorrow. I shot my friend's MK25 and would take the legion over it any day. I actually sold a H&K P30 to get my sig as well, one of the best decisions I've made.

It might not be for everyone, no one firearm ever will be. Why buy a nice AR when you can get an entry level for $400? Everyone's priorities are different.

I shot a Sig 250 and it was horrible, no way that it's a fair comparison.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:43:09 AM EDT
[#25]
I keep seeing post saying how great the Legion is but what makes it so much better than any other 226?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:40:38 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I keep seeing post saying how great the Legion is but what makes it so much better than any other 226?
View Quote

You are paying for a few enhancements that a production P226 does not have.

You could read some of this thread and figure it out or Google it.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:18:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1. Go read the end of page 1, I wrote why I like it over a standard 226.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:19:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
There's a lot of contempt for the legion series for some reason. Of all the series that Sig puts out, the legion series comes with useful features instead of some fancy finish. I don't mind paying a little more for these features to be factory. The sights, the grip and the trigger are all superb.

The whole legion club thing is stupid, but I really doubt people are buying them for that aspect. I wouldn't let that influence your decision if you're considering looking at one.

I have a 226 legion SAO and it's phenomenal, in fact after I shot it some I ordered the 229 DA/SA which will be here tomorrow. I shot my friend's MK25 and would take the legion over it any day. I actually sold a H&K P30 to get my sig as well, one of the best decisions I've made.

It might not be for everyone, no one firearm ever will be. Why buy a nice AR when you can get an entry level for $400? Everyone's priorities are different.

I shot a Sig 250 and it was horrible, no way that it's a fair comparison.

View Quote

Best assessment yet, well said right down the line. Now for a dick pic...
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#29]
^ That's definitely cool.

That's also probably somewhere around $5,000 or more, altogether- yes?  
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:25:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
^ That's definitely cool.

That's also probably somewhere around $5,000 or more, altogether- yes?  
View Quote

Man, I hate those questions, makes me feel silly. Off the top of my head, with the threaded barrels, just over 4...
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:23:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

The trigger.  

Seriously, its amazing.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:13:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Are we not allowed to say the article is in the latest issue of American Rifleman?

I was kinda surprised when he listed all the "extras" with an approximate value how much it added up to.  I never knew about the Grey Guns trigger work or the other details like the cut out for your middle finger under the trigger guard.  Always thought they were just a different color.

Still doubt I will buy a Legion, but seems like some good improvements and not just joining a "club" (which does seem pointless to me).
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 6:01:37 PM EDT
[#33]
^ I did not mention the name of the magazine outright because it would/could lead to a tangent or rant about the magazine and/or writers, and that was not the kind of discussion I wanted to have.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:48:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#35]
I bought a P226 Legion SAO from a local dealer after fingering it in the shop.  I read the sales pitch after.  The merits of the pistol spoke for themselves, no marketing needed.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 12:18:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Just got the 229 in today

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 2:11:32 PM EDT
[#37]
After reading the article in the mentioned magazine, I came here to ask about this pistol.

All questions have been answered, and I can honestly say, I won't be spending this kind of money on one.

I thought this might be the pistol to draw me away from Glock, but not at this price.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#38]
What do they say in the article about it?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 7:44:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What do they say in the article about it?
View Quote

This is what the article said in its entirety.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2016/4/15/tested-sig-sauer-legion-series-p226-pistol/
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:18:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
After reading the article in the mentioned magazine, I came here to ask about this pistol.

All questions have been answered, and I can honestly say, I won't be spending this kind of money on one.

I thought this might be the pistol to draw me away from Glock, but not at this price.
View Quote

Street price is $1100-1200ish and I've seen one used for $9somethin.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 10:27:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Street price is $1100-1200ish and I've seen one USED for $9somethin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've seen one NEW for $1k.  The trigger didn't impress me lie a springfield 1911 TRP.  As I've read in this or another thread, the trigger really does remind me of a Geissele SSA-E trigger.  Light take-up, slightly more to break, but it is not a crisp icicle-like break.  It's more like a carrot.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:07:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 12:10:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I've seen one NEW for $1k.  The trigger didn't impress me lie a springfield 1911 TRP.  As I've read in this or another thread, the trigger really does remind me of a Geissele SSA-E trigger.  Light take-up, slightly more to break, but it is not a crisp icicle-like break.  It's more like a carrot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bought a Legion SAO and really like it but yeah the trigger is no where near a good 1911.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 6:30:30 AM EDT
[#44]
I absolutely love my Sigs: 226 Legion, Mk25d, and a W. German 228. All great guns, all a little different.

I couldn't give a shit about the club or the ability to purchase super secret accessories.

But the Legion 226 itself is just awesome. Grip size and texture is great, trigger/SRT are good to go from the start, and the sights are fantastic. Checkering feels nice also.

I'd buy it again.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Do you guys have to send in for your Legion stuff?

Mine came in a plastic box that was marked for the Legion, and direct from Sig so I know no swap occurred.

I do not give one single shit about the case/coin since neither would be used, but mine didn't come with either.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Do you guys have to send in for your Legion stuff?

Mine came in a plastic box that was marked for the Legion, and direct from Sig so I know no swap occurred.

I do not give one single shit about the case/coin since neither would be used, but mine didn't come with either.
View Quote

I believe that you need to "register" your Legion with SIG and then they will send you the case; I'm not sure whether or not  the coin is supposed to be enclosed with the pistol in the original box.

I don't like the registration though, and I never "register" a new gun purchase with the manufacturer because the warranty is honored regardless, and the registration is a marketing gimmick.

One less database.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 10:25:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What does your 320 do that a Hi Point can't do the same?
View Quote

I think a Hi Point / Ruger comparison might be better.
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 5:27:47 PM EDT
[#48]
If it's the RAG I'm thinking it is, article's another sales pitch, written by another "expert"/hoax, paper warrior!
Link Posted: 4/27/2016 6:07:41 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
...and I remain unwilling to fork over $1,200+ (assumed street price) for a 9mm pistol.

Maybe if I could shoot beforehand to compare it side-by-side with my other 9mm Sigs (SP2022, P250, P320), then I might think about it*- of course, truth told, I would have a heck of a time deciding if a Legion did $600-800 worth of superior performance over any of them.

From the outside, looks like a Legion buyer would be paying for 80% gimmick (club membership for buying "premium" humidors?  ) and 20% improved gun performance.   Not a good bargain if you ask me.

*I'm not just talking about slow-fire accuracy; maybe a series of El Presidente, Mozambique, failure drill, or some other kinds of runs to get a comprehensive feel for how it does.
View Quote

Well.  No shit.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2016 1:33:46 AM EDT
[#50]
I really am a huge Sig fan and to be honest, I have just learned about the Legion series tonight.  I keep my focus on what I have and make sure it works.  I have been very fortunate on all of my Sig purchases and have gotten great deals.

My German 225 was like new and I purchased it used for $300, my 229 in .40 was a close out deal and I picked it up for $599 NIB, my CPO 228 was $450 at a gun show and it was essentially NIB, I don't think it was ever shot, my 226 was $715 and the deal of the centry was my 226 Tac Ops, super close out sale at Academy was $465 plus tax...the best gun deal I have ever made and my 220 all stainless was $600 new, many years ago.

So for me to spend $1100 for a Sig, will be out of the ordinary.  I am not a club type of guy and having special bling is not in my wheelhouse, so chances are I will not purchase a Legion series.  

My next Sig will more than likely be a 320

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top