Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/7/2016 10:18:04 PM EDT
Met with Sig at SHOT 2016, and according to the very arrogant Sig rep who claimed to be the chief of pistol
development the new Sig P225 mags are not able to work on older original P225 like my 1989 model.
When I asked why he rolled his eyes and said "they just wont work OK?"  I realize it was the last day of the show
and people were tired but there was no reason for this clowns attitude. So can anyone confirm this ?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:30:37 PM EDT
[#1]
They don't.

IMHO Sig shit the bed on this one.  They should have made it a legit re-release and not a new gun with an old model name.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:36:08 PM EDT
[#2]
The old 225 mags don't work in the new gun.  I have heard that the new 225 is closer mechanically to the 239 than it is to the original 225.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:51:00 PM EDT
[#3]
There have been several discussions on this.

The 225A1 is not the 225 of old.

It does use 239 magazines with a different baseplate.

I'm not happy about it either and like many many many others, wish Sig had just made a new milled slide for the old gun, and then made all new parts for the old gun.

Instead Sig gave us the 225A1....

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:42:41 PM EDT
[#4]
P239A1 wouldn't have sold.  Who would have bought a mid-sized, almost $900, single stack, low capacity, 9mm if not for the P225 name?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 1:56:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I dont know that these will sell all that well either. We'll see.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:35:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I dont know that these will sell all that well either. We'll see.
View Quote

I think they will in certain markets. I just may buy one someday when the price comes down more. Starting to see some in the high $700 to low $800 now. My wife keeps hinting she wants me to buy her a gun. This would be perfect for her to really learn to shoot on. I also like the feel of the 225A1 a whole hell of a lot better then a P239.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife carries a P6 (German police P225)  with 147 HST's for her CCW gun. She shoots it well and it fits her hand nicely, but it's a heavy gun for her and she doesnt carry on body....which drives me nuts.

She probably keep the P6 as a house gun, but I will likely end up getting her a G43 for daily on body CCW.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:54:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I realize it was the last day of the show and people were tired but there was no reason for this clowns attitude. So can anyone confirm this ?
View Quote

Yes, I can confirm that they are indeed arrogant. Tossup between them & H&K on which is the worst...........  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top