Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2016 12:37:35 PM EDT
Looking to keep it around the $1K mark, which is right where they're priced.

Need an ambi safety as I'm a lefty. Which it has.

Gun is absolutely packed with features for the money. Which is incredibly appealing.

Is there any reason not to pick one up? It seems like Sig's 1911's are pretty solid guns, I can't find much negativity about them.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:43:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking to keep it around the $1K mark, which is right where they're priced.

Need an ambi safety as I'm a lefty. Which it has.

Gun is absolutely packed with features for the money. Which is incredibly appealing.

Is there any reason not to pick one up?    No        It seems like Sig's 1911's are pretty solid guns,    They are.         I can't find much negativity about them.
View Quote
  Like anything man made there are a few with problems but for the most part pretty solid.  I have the Scorpian, no complaints with it.  I am looking for another 1911 Sig, I just need to decide which one I want.    
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought a Revolution GSR several years back, and more recently a Carry Nightmare; both are outstanding guns rivaling custom 1911s that would cost much more.  

Sig seems to have gotten it right with all their 1911 models; you will not be disappointed.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:41:39 AM EDT
[#3]
My boss has one and it is friggin sweet. Lusted after one myself.  Do it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:39:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a sig Scorpion 1911 with a threaded barrel. It is awesome. For the money you can not in any way go wrong.

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 4:31:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I love the Ion Bond on them.  Do wish they had a threaded barrel option because moar!  It's the Marine CQB but better and cheaper. My "better" is based on looks.  I prefer the Sig lines and the front checkering.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 5:02:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love the Ion Bond on them.  Do wish they had a threaded barrel option because moar!  It's the Marine CQB but better and cheaper. My "better" is based on looks.  I prefer the Sig lines and the front checkering.
View Quote

I second this. Having had a Colt M45A1 and selling it, I can say that I wasn't impressed with it for what it cost me.

On the Sig Emperor Scorpion, the Ion Bond, mag well, front checking, and front slide serrations are the main selling points for me, and are awesome.....I just wish there was a threaded barrel option, but I'll just buy a Sig 19qq drop-in threaded barrel for it.

My LGS just got a brand new one in last week.....for $980. If it's still there come Wednesday, I'm gonna grab it and trade in my Dan Wesson ECO 45 towards it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 6:14:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I also have an Emperor Scorpion.  Love it!  For the money it really can't be beat.  I paid around $1100 for mine, but I found it in stock locally.  I prefer the Emperor Scorpion to the regular Scorpion model for some reason.  I also have a TacPac 1911 that I bought used.  Again, I love it and it's proven to be 100% reliable.  Im a huge fan of Sig's 1911 series.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 6:43:16 AM EDT
[#8]
i have an emperor scorpion that has been awesome I had a few hiccups with 185gr swc reloads but I narrowed it down to the factory mags, with CMC power mags it has been 100% with everything. I have shot perfecta 230gr ball, WWB 230 gr ball, and geco 230 gr ball as well as speer GD 230 gr HP. This pistol has a lot of features you cannot get with other manufacutres at this price point.

im at over 1500 rounds with no issues other than the 185 swc using factory mags. Pistol shoots amazing. I have mine paired with a  FDE surefire x300 ultra and a bravo concealment holster.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:34:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a 5" TACOPS and a carry TACOPS (I believe they are the same pistol as the Scorpion with a different paint job) that have a few thousand rounds through each of them with no issues. I use the factory mags in both of them.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 2:33:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Sold my Dan Wesson ECO to get this. I like this one MUCH better.

I paid $970 for it. The fit and finish is great, and there's no slide to frame play. It's not as tight as my TRP or Combat Operator, but its close.

I really like the features you get for the money with Sig 1911s.........I've had a Tac Ops 1911 and an XO in the past, and they were very solid guns.

2016-02-10_01-19-52 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:11:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I paid $970 for it. The fit and finish is great, and there's no slide to frame play. It's not as tight as my TRP or Combat Operator, but its close.

I really like the features you get for the money with Sig 1911s.........I've had a Tac Ops 1911 and an XO in the past, and they were very solid guns.

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/DRKKUt" target="_blank">https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1532/24848246231_f2a6f98fb5_b.jpg</a>2016-02-10_01-19-52 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr
View Quote

That's beautiful. How's it shoot?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:39:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/DRKKUt" target="_blank">https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1532/24848246231_f2a6f98fb5_b.jpg</a>2016-02-10_01-19-52 by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr

Thanks. Hhaven't shot it yet, but hopefully I'll be able to on Monday.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 2:02:32 PM EDT
[#13]
I have the 5" in the emperor scorpion and the carry model in the scorpion. I love them both and they are a blast to shoot. Never had any problems with them either. I appendix carry the regular scorpion everyday.

Link Posted: 3/11/2016 2:15:07 AM EDT
[#14]
That's a wicked color!!
Link Posted: 3/11/2016 10:29:41 PM EDT
[#15]
I've got a full size scorpion and love it. Approaching 1000rds thru it with no real issues.
Link Posted: 3/12/2016 10:46:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Those are some beautiful 1911s.  Just reminds me I need to pick one up...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top