Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2016 6:38:23 PM EDT
I am fairly new to Sig's and I traded into an old 228R. I posted a thread about it a few months back. I have taken it to the range a few time since and it shoots awesome as far as its feel and reliability.

That said it shoots about a foot left and a foot low. It's not me as I had my brother and someone else at the range shoot it as well and we all shot into the same area. The groups are fairly tight but way off of point of aim.

I can drift the sight right easy enough, but how can I fix the elevation? Am I missing something?

Or would ordering a new barrel from sig solve the problem.

Pics just because:

Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:51:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you shoot it from a rest? Did you have the dot stacked on top of the rear white block and aim at the middle of the target? Did you have a proper grip on the gun? "gun should be in line with your forearm"
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:57:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Sights properly aligned. Shoot off a bench and proper two hand grip. Have taken pistol training with "shrek" and others, as well as been shooting pistols for about 25 years.

That said, It wasn't just me. Two other shooters both from the bench and double handed grip.

All shots fired (approx 100) left a foot and down a foot, from all shooters.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 11:58:08 PM EDT
[#3]
A new bbl from Sig to solve the problem!?!?

You are flinching and more than likely pressing your trigger finger against the frame.

Make a hook with your finger to keep it off the frame.

Steadily "press" the trigger straight to the rear.

ETA - If it really is a foot left and a foot low then it could be the bbl....

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:01:13 AM EDT
[#4]
You might try a little deeper finger penetration. Maybe the first joint instead of the pad of the finger.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:02:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Again. 3 shooters ALL shots fired from all shooters off the bench and two hand grip....low and left in the same place.

It's not me. The CZ P07, Sig 1911, and my brother Glock 10mm(not sure model #) all shot point of aim.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:53:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Well then call Sig and have them look it over.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#7]
That looks like a replacement slide.  The breach block and barrel are well used compared to that new slide.  
A new barrel will help.  Adding a new breach too will make it a new gun.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That looks like a replacement slide.  The breach block and barrel are well used compared to that new slide.  
A new barrel will help.  Adding a new breach too will make it a new gun.
View Quote

I think the previous owner had it Cerakoted, based on the color and condition of the slide.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#9]
What ammo (grain and weight) were you shooting?

I just bought a M11-a1 and it shoots 124gr factory and reloads just left of poa.  With factory 115gr, it shoots a foot low and left.  This is off a rest.  Try different loads, op.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:35:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#11]
sounds like the cerokoter mixed up the sites with another and may not have them properly aligned
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:03:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
sounds like the cerokoter mixed up the sites with another and may not have them properly aligned
View Quote

That's a possibility. I'd make sure you have the correct sights,I know my P228  has #8 front and rear sights.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#13]
It has a Sig nite sight up front and the standard single bar rear sight.
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 12:35:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Try a number 10 rear sight.  You can buy them from SIG on their website.  I have an old 228 that runs a 10 rear and a 6 front.......which is also equal to a 9 rear and an 8 front.  I also have an older 226 Navy that runs a 10 rear and a 8 front.  In a pinch, Ameriglo also has #10 height sights as well in plain and tritium configurations.  They primarily market them for the Springfield XDS which uses a stock #10 rear.  The dovetails are identical.  I'm not sure why some of the dozen SIGs I have require different sights from the factory, but I got over being mad about it.  Do the math once, follow the formula forever, and be happy with your SIG for life.

http://www.brownells.com/GunTech/Sight_Correction_Calculator/detail.htm?lid=13093
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top