Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2015 1:13:48 PM EDT
I picked up one of the used P229s from CDNN in .357 Sig.  Any ideas on what agency turned these in?
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:27:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I picked up one of the used P229s from CDNN in .357 Sig.  Any ideas on what agency turned these in?
View Quote

I know of quite a few Texas agencies.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmmm.... not sure about Texas agencies, but TX DPS uses the P226R in .357sig and soon they will be switching to the P226R in 9mm...
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 7:12:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

If u got the da/sa, those were federal air marshal guns
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:34:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Delaware State Police used P229s in .357SIG.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 9:44:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wondered if that might be the case. I did get the DA/SA. Not sure if it had trigger work or it was just smoothed out over the course of firing a bazillion rounds, but the DA is sweet.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 11:18:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I wondered if that might be the case. I did get the DA/SA. Not sure if it had trigger work or it was just smoothed out over the course of firing a bazillion rounds, but the DA is sweet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is where I got mine.  I've since bead blasted the slide to raw stainless to improve the look a little.  Mine came with the short trigger (not short reset).  I like it.  It is good but I wouldn't say there is anything special about the DA pull on mine either.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 3:08:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Hmmmm.... not sure about Texas agencies, but TX DPS uses the P226R in .357sig and soon they will be switching to the P226R in 9mm...
View Quote

This.....
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 8:50:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt it as Federal law enforcement agencies are prohibited from trading in their old ones.  My understanding is that they can only transfer them to another federal agency or destroy them.  

Sometimes manufacturers have over runs of models they made for Federal LE, but weren't actually purchased by the agency, so they release them for sale to the general public to places like CDNN and such.  Not to mention Sig does get a lots of trade in's from local agencies who want new weapons.  Sig will refurbish those and resell them.  They may have been traded in as .40 and Sig decided to change out the barrel to .357 to unload slow moving inventory possibly (to hold the 40 barrels for a later date, foreign sales, etc.).

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:53:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Edit
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 3:10:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.....

And they also have P229 DAKs as I've seen.

They are actually purchasing P320s in 9mm and for now will only be issuing them to the newest classes. As heard from the horse's mouth so to speak at the DPS hosted Sig Classic series Armorer class I just attended last Monday and Tuesday. According to Sig staff and the 30 other DPS guys there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top