Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2015 1:05:15 AM EDT
since the wife has claimed my G17 for her night stand gun, so i have been thinking i need a full size 9mm for myself. I do not own any sigs, and the 226 has had my eye for a while.

I am seriously considering the TacOps variant. i plan on using it as a range/ leave it in my truck during the work week gun, and occasional carry, before you guys tell me its too big for carry, i carry a full size HK USP 45, and a USPC 45 in the summer.

i do have a few questions on the pistol thought.

are the grips interchangeable from the other 226's i see the tac ops one kind of forms a mag well for the 20rd mags, but maybe i want to change the grips and get some 15 rd mags?

and for those of you who have them, how do you like them? maybe share some pics?

thanks in advance
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
since the wife has claimed my G17 for her night stand gun, so i have been thinking i need a full size 9mm for myself. I do not own any sigs, and the 226 has had my eye for a while.

I am seriously considering the TacOps variant. i plan on using it as a range/ leave it in my truck during the work week gun, and occasional carry, before you guys tell me its too big for carry, i carry a full size HK USP 45, and a USPC 45 in the summer.

are the grips interchangeable from the other 226's i see the tac ops one kind of forms a mag well for the 20rd mags, but maybe i want to change the grips and get some 15 rd mags? Yes

and for those of you who have them, how do you like them? maybe share some pics?

thanks in advance
View Quote

My P226 TacOps if my favorite Sig to shoot. Fit/finish are excellent and I shoot very well with it.

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#2]
If you plan on changing grips and swapping mags, I woukd just buy a MK25 or even a standard P226 and buy mec gar 20's. You can add TFO sights for under $100 too if you are horny on them.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 7:14:18 PM EDT
[#3]
that thing looks nice....

im mostly looking at the tac ops because it comes with 4 mags, night sights and the SRT, i dont think i could pick up a regular 226 and do all that for the 1100-1200 price tag, mags are about 33$ a piece then sights for 100+/-, and then the SRT, not sure of cost, but probably need to send it to sig to have that installed to retain any sort of warranty, not that ill need it, but good piece of mind.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

im mostly looking at the tac ops because it comes with 4 mags, night sights and the SRT, i dont think i could pick up a regular 226 and do all that for the 1100-1200 price tag, mags are about 33$ a piece then sights for 100+/-, and then the SRT, not sure of cost, but probably need to send it to sig to have that installed to retain any sort of warranty, not that ill need it, but good piece of mind.
View Quote

I paid $864.73 for my P226 TacOps shipped from CDNN. It was a no brainier for that price IMO. Summit Gun Broker usually has good prices too, hes offered to swap out non-threaded barrels for threaded barrels in the past for a slight up charge.. no reason to ever pay retail..
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:36:44 PM EDT
[#5]
for 1200 max, you're getting a Legion, 3 mags, blacked out night sights on rear, SRT, grayguns intermediate trigger, and the option to buy the legion ash tray and shot glasses
I paid 1199 out the door for this, (899 and a G26) you can add tacops grips from Sig or the Hogue version later, and get 20 rounders if you want, I invested in the 18 rd Mec Gars, and you don't have to feel like you're holding Luke Skywalkers lightsaber

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:32:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I paid $864.73 for my P226 TacOps shipped from CDNN. It was a no brainier for that price IMO. Summit Gun Broker usually has good prices too, hes offered to swap out non-threaded barrels for threaded barrels in the past for a slight up charge.. no reason to ever pay retail..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

cdnn doesnt seem to have any at the moment, best price ive found so far iss 1150 on grabagun
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 5:34:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

cdnn doesnt seem to have any at the moment, best price ive found so far iss 1150 on grabagun
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kygunco had them for under $900 but out of stock right now. Shoot an email to [email protected] and ask for the price.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 7:05:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Kygunco had them for under $900 but out of stock right now. Shoot an email to [email protected] and ask for the price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Email sent, and i put in for the notify me for the kygunco so we will see, no rush, but no one in town here even had a 226 to handle
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:06:20 PM EDT
[#9]
They did however have a 226 darke elite, which i could just add some 20rd mags, i like the setup of that one
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 12:01:07 AM EDT
[#10]
anyone happen to know if the 226 dark elite is a discontinued model? i looked on sigs website, the threaded barrel version is discontinued but i didnt see the regular one, but i also dont see it under 226
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 4:53:47 AM EDT
[#11]
I have the P227 TACOPS in .45 ACP as my nightstand gun, replacing my MK25 in that role.  I love both guns, but I really like shooting the 227 so much that I plan to buy a P226 TACOPS.  Both will be used with two Osprey suppressors awaiting approval.  Love that first picture in here of the suppressed TACOPS.  That is my goal, to have a suppressed pistol in the nightstand considering an indoor self defense situation, with a TLR-1 as well.  The initial ugliness of that long grip gets forgotten when it's in the hand.  I think it feels better in my hand than a standard grip.  I have all of the various extra capacity 226 magazines, but that TACOPS grip just feels better for me.  I have no plans to ever carry either of these guns with the longer grips, but that's why I have other 226s that can be holstered if necessary (MK25, Blackwater edition, and a West German made).
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 12:27:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

are the grips interchangeable from the other 226's i see the tac ops one kind of forms a mag well for the 20rd mags, but maybe i want to change the grips and get some 15 rd mags?

My understanding is, they are. I have not tried it.

Awesome pistol! I really like mine and have no complaints. Pic below

thanks in advance
View Quote

Let us know if you decide to go with one. If you do, you owe us some pics

ETA: My can is still in JAIL...soon...

Link Posted: 1/3/2016 7:35:50 PM EDT
[#13]
been a while, i been digging up the net looking for a deal on one of these, best ive found so far is about 1050+ffl transfer+shipping.

anyone have any good ideas? or where there in stock?
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 8:34:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
been a while, i been digging up the net looking for a deal on one of these, best ive found so far is about 1050+ffl transfer+shipping.

anyone have any good ideas? or where there in stock?
View Quote

Dealer cost (for low volume dealers is 1K) so the $1050.00 is NOT a bad deal.

Some more inspiration:
" />
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 9:25:52 PM EDT
[#15]
alright, alot of them are usually 1150-1250, and yet to find any with a threaded barrel
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 2:50:05 AM EDT
[#16]
The grips are interchangeable but I haven't found any aftermarket magwell grips. Personally the magwell grips I think suck, they are very slippery compared to an aftermarket Hogue.

If I were to do it again I would probably buy a base P226, add new sights and the SRT, and it's pretty much a TacOps with the 20 rounders.

Link Posted: 1/6/2016 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The grips are interchangeable but I haven't found any aftermarket magwell grips. Personally the magwell grips I think suck, they are very slippery compared to an aftermarket Hogue.

If I were to do it again I would probably buy a base P226, add new sights and the SRT, and it's pretty much a TacOps with the 20 rounders.

View Quote

Hogue makes g10 magwell grips.. Hogue Magrip
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 2:52:37 AM EDT
[#18]
how does the 227 in 45 compare to the sig 226 in grip size? no 226's in town, held a 227, that thing is big, bigger than my usp, and sigs site says the 226/227 are the same width at 1.5''
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 4:22:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I posted here before, but I was one of the last lucky ones to purchase my new TacOps from Academy Sports for $480, as they discontinued the model.  Of all of my Sigs, I shoot this one the best.  I dont know if it is the longer grip, but I really like this pistol and I would highly recommend it for any situation.

Link Posted: 1/19/2016 9:05:46 PM EDT
[#20]
yeah, it looks nice, and no doubt its a nice gun. but if its the same size grip as the p227, ill be needing an extended mag release, and/or thinner grips. i dont like having to shift my hand a bunch to reach the mag release. granted, i am spoiled and use to my hk usp mag release
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 9:10:27 PM EDT
[#21]
I have a .40 226 tac ops. Only regret is not getting 9mm because of threaded barrel availability. I otherwise love it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Just do it!

I have a couple dozen handguns, but I pretty much suck at handguns. The biggest exception to this rule i say P226 TacOps. Not only can I shoot flies at 30yds with it, but the short reset triggers makes me shoot flies fast, really fast.

Seriously, I'm two types of handgun shooter: me with my TacOps (God-like expert) and me with any of my other pistols (collector who occasionally shoots). My TacOps just makes me look good. And I have over a dozen Glocks, 8 or so other Sigs, and a bunch of other stuff. there's just something about the TacOps.... YMMV.

I also have two regular P226s, was well as a couple P229s. they shot better than I do. But there's just something about the grip, trigger, and recompile of the TacOps that fits me like a glove.

And again, that SRT makes follow-up shpts a breeze. really, that's about the only downside... I tend to shoot a lot more ammo, in a short period of time, when I'm shooting my TacOps. It just begs to be shot fast.
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

are the grips interchangeable from the other 226's i see the tac ops one kind of forms a mag well for the 20rd mags, but maybe i want to change the grips and get some 15 rd mags? Yes

thanks in advance

My P226 TacOps if my favorite Sig to shoot. Fit/finish are excellent and I shoot very well with it.

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv310/MikeNestor/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/20150826_175725_zpsvf1ojdz5.jpg
http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv310/MikeNestor/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-09/6341834C-50F1-4BA0-AE8B-FFF5F9641BFD_zpsvovtjbma.jpg
http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv310/MikeNestor/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-09/606B3A29-6F08-4496-A3B0-A0FE99D18A51_zpsawz5lxfb.jpg
http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv310/MikeNestor/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-12/IMG_20141217_111759_zpsfnuqlcz2.jpg

Anyone know what make that holster/mag pouch is? Looks like it sits up nice and high, I like it
Link Posted: 1/19/2016 10:48:44 PM EDT
[#24]
i plan on using this gun to leave in my truck when going to and from work, some ccw, maybe do some competition shooting with it, i have no other doubts about the pistol, just the mag release and being able to reach it
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 11:46:43 AM EDT
[#25]
I love mine. Carried it on duty for a year but switched to a Glock 21 (I know, I know). Truth is I shoot the 21 better but the tacops is my favorite range gun. Love the SRT but for work I prefer a striker to DA/SA.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 8:21:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Anyone know what make that holster/mag pouch is? Looks like it sits up nice and high, I like it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks in advance

http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv310/MikeNestor/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-08/20150826_175725_zpsvf1ojdz5.jpg
http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv310/MikeNestor/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-09/6341834C-50F1-4BA0-AE8B-FFF5F9641BFD_zpsvovtjbma.jpg
http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv310/MikeNestor/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-09/606B3A29-6F08-4496-A3B0-A0FE99D18A51_zpsawz5lxfb.jpg
http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv310/MikeNestor/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-12/IMG_20141217_111759_zpsfnuqlcz2.jpg

It was made by Chris Moon @ Vigilance Tactical He's local to me and produces a very high quality holster, cannot recommend him enough.
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 10:31:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It was made by Chris Moon @ Vigilance Tactical He's local to me and produces a very high quality holster, cannot recommend him enough.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice thanks for the info, I will look into his stuff. I've just started shopping around for holsters for the first time in many years. The available products are staggering, yet at the same time all very similar looking so I got my work cut out for me!
Link Posted: 2/13/2016 1:22:46 AM EDT
[#28]
alright, well i just ordered one today, got buds gunshop to price match another place, should be here in a week or so
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top