Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/11/2015 1:29:05 PM EDT
Hi guys. I picked up a Sig P232 a few months back and have been trying out various ammo types with it.
I've had several light primer strikes on Hornady hollowpoints and with Hungarian Geco. I didn't have any problems through either Speer Lawman or WWB.
Is this a common issue with the P232? Anything I should potentially change out?
I'm hoping to add this to my CCW rotation this coming summer, but I need to make sure it's going to be 100% first.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 11/12/2015 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#1]
How old is the pistol (est round count)?   May have a weak main spring or you can get an increased power main spring.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 4:05:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Those aren't Sig logo'd Hogues, so they may not be original to the gun.  It's possible if they're an older revision and the hammer strut/mainspring could be binding up when firing.  Check to see if there's any damage or marks along the "seam" where the grips meet in the back.  Has there been a lot of dry firing?  Firing pin positioning pin could be chipped or bent.  The safety plunger in the slide is Nickeled, and sometimes the finish flakes off, so that could be causing issues too.

Just a few things to think about.  
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 4:09:03 PM EDT
[#3]
dirt on the firing pin
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 7:21:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. I'll check the grips and the firing pin, then move on to the spring.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 8:14:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 6:54:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Haven't had a chance yet. I'll replace the spring first and go from there.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:06:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top