Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2015 11:08:41 PM EDT
I have an SP2022 and while I like the SIG Pros quite a bit I do think the trigger reset is fairly long compared to a Beretta 92, Glock 17, or Canik TP9. For those who have or who have had both an SP2022 and one of the classic DA/SA P series SIGs, are the trigger resets on those metal framed SIGs basically the same as the 2022 (i.e. pretty long on the single action reset)? I shot the P229 AKA M11 (not the commercial M11A1 that is out now) with the Army years ago but honestly cannot remember what the trigger reset was like on that gun.

I'm guessing they are similar...am I mistaken? Is the trigger reset on the the standard P series guns considerably shorter than the 2022's reset?
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#1]
The reset on my p229 is long enough that I am going to drop a SRT into it when I get a chance.  Don't have a 2022 to compare it to, but it's too long IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 7:16:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The reset on my p229 is long enough that I am going to drop a SRT into it when I get a chance.  Don't have a 2022 to compare it to, but it's too long IMHO.
View Quote

The drop in SRT is super easy.  Took me 10 minutes.  World of difference.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 11:02:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd call the triggers similar. I find the SP2022 trigger breaks further to the rear, but reset is similar. I will say some report a "false reset" click/tick on the SP2022, which I can't say I've experienced. I use the SRT on my P229s and P228 and wish it was available for the SIGPRO line. Still, I got used to the SP2022 reset enough where I've run it in 3 gun the last couple times and haven't short stroked.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top