Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2015 11:58:07 PM EDT
I'll probably have the local fun shoppe order me a P320 this week, 40 cal OD Green compacts are on sale from distributor. Ideally, I'd want a 9mm to be another host, but there's  no threaded barrels to speak of in .40, but there are some in 9mm.

Currently, we have a 9mm and 40, both compacts in the store, the 9mm barrel fits in the 40 slide, but not vice versa. The gap around the 9mm barrel in the 40 slide is much greater due to the thicker barrel of the 40. This is normal in all semi auto Browning designs, but is that safe to shoot? Other brand pistols this is just fine; is it ok with the P320?

I've heard yes and no regarding the barrel compatibility of P320 and P250 parts. I'm interested in threaded barrels, and since 250 has been out for several years, more options are available for it. The lugs look the same, are they compatible or is Sig trying to sell more conversion kits by telling us they are noncompatible?

I'm not too keen on getting a $400 conversion kit if all I really need is a $150-200 barrel.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:23:00 AM EDT
[#1]
You need a CONVERSION barrel, you don't just drop a stock 9mm barrel in a .40 slide and go to town. A conversion barrel is thicker so you don't get the slop you saw playing around
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top