BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 12:38:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I finally got my 229. I have to say, I get it now. I mean, I've had sigs, but they've been small ones. I have a 290 now and I had a 238 that I sold because I just didn't like it.

This 229 feels like sig made it just for me. Great pistol seriously! I plan on beating it up, but it will never be sold. I see why people love them so much.

I put 15 rounds through it when I picked it up. 5 in each mag. I just wanted to run some rounds through it before I put it on my hip. Flawless!
View Quote

Wow, 15 "flawless" rounds and you trust it enough for carry?

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 9:10:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I finally got my 229. I have to say, I get it now. I mean, I've had sigs, but they've been small ones. I have a 290 now and I had a 238 that I sold because I just didn't like it.

This 229 feels like sig made it just for me. Great pistol seriously! I plan on beating it up, but it will never be sold. I see why people love them so much.

I put 15 rounds through it when I picked it up. 5 in each mag. I just wanted to run some rounds through it before I put it on my hip. Flawless!

And shooting  magazines partially loaded with only 5 rounds proves even less about the reliability of a pistol and the mags.

Unless the mags will always be loaded with that number of rounds.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Any news of the SAO model?

Anyone had issues with their DA/SA Legions so far?
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 11:56:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Got a 226 Legion today. Best Sig Sauer P-series pistol trigger I have ever felt. Worth the money!

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/749/21630443893_e42467b468_b.jpg
View Quote

+10.........The feel is great and shoots awesome....
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 11:58:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I purchased a 226 Legion as my first firearm. Hopefully, it'll meet and exceed every expectation.
View Quote

As a first pistol.... you will be so happy
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Got a 226 Legion today. Best Sig Sauer P-series pistol trigger I have ever felt. Worth the money!

My MK25 trigger sucks balls. Perhaps I shouldve gone with the Legion, but I couldnt live with that branding on the top of the slide  

Link Posted: 11/20/2015 11:35:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My MK25 trigger sucks balls. Perhaps I shouldve gone with the Legion, but I couldnt live with that branding on the top of the slide    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

wolff 18lb hammer spring, SRT kit, you won't have a warranty anymore, if you do it yourself, but the trigger will feel better.
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 7:59:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Got to fondle a Legion (p226) yesterday, it's a nice gun I can see adding one to the collection down the road but I had to laugh at their $1299 sticker price..
Link Posted: 11/21/2015 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Got to fondle a Legion (p226) yesterday, it's a nice gun I can see adding one to the collection down the road but I had to laugh at their $1299 sticker price..
View Quote

I got to fingerbang one last week. It was slicker than hell, and an SAO is on my list, but I'm with ya on the price. No fuckin' way. I'll wait until they come down.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:06:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I got to fingerbang one last week. It was slicker than hell, and an SAO is on my list, but I'm with ya on the price. No fuckin' way. I'll wait until they come down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WOW $1299?  I travel all over the southeast for work hitting gun shops along the way to stretch my legs, but I have never seen a $1299 price tag on a Legion.  Most places around here have them between $1099-1199.  I got my P226 for $1149 and it was the first one I ran across.  After shooting it and getting the case and medallion in, I would say it is worth $1150, but not $1300.  You can get a MPX for under $1300 now.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 1:47:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
WOW $1299?  I travel all over the southeast for work hitting gun shops along the way to stretch my legs, but I have never seen a $1299 price tag on a Legion.  Most places around here have them between $1099-1199.  I got my P226 for $1149 and it was the first one I ran across.  After shooting it and getting the case and medallion in, I would say it is worth $1150, but not $1300.  You can get a MPX for under $1300 now.

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv332/PLATOONS8/IMAG3282_1_zpsmnapx3kw.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do not see how the case and medallion make up the additional cost. The case sits in a closet, and wtf do I do win a stupid medallion.

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I do not see how the case and medallion make up the additional cost. The case sits in a closet, and wtf do I do win a stupid medallion.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must have not seen the brochure that guarantees your groups will get cut in half once you have the medallion.  Just trust me on this one.  It's in the fine print.
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 8:47:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You must have not seen the brochure that guarantees your groups will get cut in half once you have the medallion.  Just trust me on this one.  It's in the fine print.
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 3:32:50 AM EDT
[#14]
I picked up my SIG Legion 226 several hours ago.

It's nice. Really nice.

Admittedly, this is my first personal handgun, but compared to the handguns I've used at ranges and in the military, it's nice.

Now, I need to call SIG so I can get my fancy case and coin.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 7:50:43 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

It's nice. Really nice.

Admittedly, this is my first personal handgun, but compared to the handguns I've used at ranges and in the military, it's nice.

View Quote
Well you want your groups cut in half don't you?

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:57:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Can someone tell me why I should wait for the SAO version instead of the DA/SA?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:06:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote
Do you think you would like a single action only trigger?

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is exactly what I dont know.  Ive never owned a Sig or any SAO.  I know what a DA/SA trigger is like but want to understand what the SAO offers that I wouldnt know of because Ive never fired one.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 3:00:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No double action to single action transition. Some people really don't like DA/SA because of the 2 separate trigger pulls, which requires a bit of training to shoot effectively.

The SAO is similar to a 1911 in that it uses a manual safety and a single crisp trigger break.

Basically, the SAO is similar to the DA/SA except that instead of having a long double action trigger pull followed by shorter trigger pulls as the gun cycles, it only has the shorter trigger pulls.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is exactly what I dont know.  Ive never owned a Sig or any SAO.  I know what a DA/SA trigger is like but want to understand what the SAO offers that I wouldnt know of because Ive never fired one.

No double action to single action transition. Some people really don't like DA/SA because of the 2 separate trigger pulls, which requires a bit of training to shoot effectively.

The SAO is similar to a 1911 in that it uses a manual safety and a single crisp trigger break.

Basically, the SAO is similar to the DA/SA except that instead of having a long double action trigger pull followed by shorter trigger pulls as the gun cycles, it only has the shorter trigger pulls.

I understand all of that, my question is how different is the SAO trigger pull from the single action trigger pull on the DA/SA
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 3:26:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 4:25:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks.  So it sounds like just pure preference of whether you want to carry it cocked with a safety or in uncocked with a double action pull?  For just a target shooter is there going to be any noticeable difference?
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 7:47:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:08:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 9:21:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Thanks.  So it sounds like just pure preference of whether you want to carry it cocked with a safety or in uncocked with a double action pull?  For just a target shooter is there going to be any noticeable difference?
View Quote

There is a noticeable difference between double and single action. If I were starting from scratch and didn't need the gun to meet any specific rules or requirements I would probably go sao and not look back. I grew up shooting revolvers so the trigger doesn't bother me. Only times I find it undesirable is when I am taking a long precision shot in which cases I will cock the hammer first so I can have the single action pull first.

My current 226 is a stainless model that is da/sa and I bought it to shoot in USPSA Production division where sao is not allowed. I also carry a 229 da/sa but am slowly transitioning most of my guns to striker and sao.

I bought a used X6 to play with the sao trigger but the safety is wonky and I never have gotten around to sending it in to Sig.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 2:38:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's nice. Really nice.

Interestingly, I put 250 rds of American Eagle 124gr FMJ through my Legion 226 today. For someone that hasn't shot a handgun in over four years, I was getting a surprisingly good set of groupings at 25 ft.

Then again, I qualified expert on pistol during basic despite having never held a real handgun beforehand.

I think the multiple "upgrades" like the SRT, polished action, and tritium sights of the Legion greatly help less experienced shooters get good groupings. If you're already a good shot, those extra perks won't greatly improve your groupings since you were decent to begin with.

And pictures of my new possession:

Link Posted: 11/27/2015 4:28:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Such a beautiful gun. Any way I can get this in CA? Or am I to just sit from the computer and drool every time I see these pics.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 1:12:45 PM EDT
[#28]
226 Legion SAO is now shipping per Sig.
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 5:13:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good to hear!
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 6:02:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think that's the one to have already have a threaded barrel for it too
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 10:43:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

I don't already have the threaded barrel, but I was shopping for one the other day. I should have jumped on the Black Friday sales.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 12:33:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Agreed.

I don't already have the threaded barrel, but I was shopping for one the other day. I should have jumped on the Black Friday sales.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

I didn't see any for black friday or I might have bought another
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 3:15:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

SilencerCo had 35% off their 226 barrels. They sold out, not sure how quickly.
Link Posted: 12/3/2015 10:52:44 AM EDT
[#34]
I did see those now that you mention it and the price was decent but I think I want to stick with the metric threads and that's why I passed it up.
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 6:56:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, but apparently they've eliminated the Mastershop super target adjustable trigger and replaced it with a non adjustable substitute without properly informing their customers,

And while still featuring the adjustable trigger in the SIG promotional literature.

http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-pistols/49757-sig-legion-226-sao.html

What they promoted:

What you get:

And that non adjustable trigger is located much further back in the trigger guard as well.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 2:13:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Well Hell, looks like I wont be getting the sao then. wont do much good but I am going
to email sig to complain about being lied to.

I really wanted this too.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 10:38:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Well Hell, looks like I wont be getting the sao then. wont do much good but I am going

View Quote

The link I provided belongs to a thread posted by a guy who actually bought his P226 Legion SAO in person  directly from the SIG Pro Shop and was told that the trigger was adjustable and the tool to adjust it was included in the box.

The sales person at SIG didn't know about the change to the non adjustable, non Mastershop Super Target Trigger, and said "he'd look into it."

Crock of BS that you can buy directly from SIG and still get mislead over what they are actually selling versus what they promote.

i was planning on picking up one for myself as my next pistol but they can keep it.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 12:04:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Will be following this thread and the one on the other forum. Interested what they hear back from sig regarding the change.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 12:07:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Seriously?  Ive waited these last several months for this and am glad that you posted this so I didnt purchase one.  I would have had no idea until receiving it and likely would have been too late to do anything about returning it.

So what would the trigger pull be like on that versus the Gray guns trigger on the Da/Sa model?  Should a guy go with the Da/Sa if he wanted a Legion or get neither of them?
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 1:20:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Seriously?  Ive waited these last several months for this and am glad that you posted this so I didnt purchase one.  I would have had no idea until receiving it and likely would have been too late to do anything about returning it.

So what would the trigger pull be like on that versus the Gray guns trigger on the Da/Sa model?  Should a guy go with the Da/Sa if he wanted a Legion or get neither of them?
View Quote

The DA/SA on my P226 Legion is outstanding. If you like DA/SA guns, as I do, you'll love it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 5:00:28 PM EDT
[#41]
I had 2 on order and had to cancel. sent an email to sig to see wtf.

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 5:32:14 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote
Get neither because t is not what they advertised. Look at another of their P line pistols with DA/SA

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 5:47:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Get neither because t is not what they advertised. Look at another of their P line pistols with DA/SA  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Im kind of torn on what to do.  So its pretty clear now they do not come with the adjustable trigger, but what exactly would have been adjustable?  Was it only the LOP
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 8:13:04 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Im kind of torn on what to do.  So its pretty clear now they do not come with the adjustable trigger, but what exactly would have been adjustable?  Was it only the LOP
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or trigger pull weight. You should Fo on an MK25.  

Link Posted: 12/13/2015 11:11:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They advertised that it would come with a "Mastershop adjustable Super Match flat trigger" but since it appears that it is all bullshit who really knows?

The Mastershop Super Match triggers are fully adjustable but apparantly it's moot  
now anyway. :(
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 5:11:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Me neither - that sucks. I've been looking forward to this for the last couple of months.   no adjustable trigger, and don't like how the new pic shows trigger closer to rear.  Not paying that much to not get what I really wanted.

...And for those reasons, I'm out  
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 9:11:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Was the price released before they changed the trigger?
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 10:29:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#49]
I got this from Kyle Faucher at sig.

I once apologize for the experience you have had with the Legion firearm series. Unfortunately the firearm does not have any adjustable trigger from the factory. We did not advertise the firearm as adjustable but the photo did show the x5 super match adjustable trigger in the photo. The aluminum framed p226 elite sao and the sao legion have fixed triggers. They are not adjustable for pull weight or trigger travel. It does have the x5 super match trigger in a fixed variant unfortunately only the x5 series firearms have an adjustable trigger. Once again I do apologize for the situation you have experienced.

no need to argue the points it wont do any good but it is sad news.

blah blah bullshit.  time to move on.

Link Posted: 12/20/2015 6:31:38 PM EDT
[#50]
So setting aside their intent is the gun worth the price they are asking?? Msrp is 200$ more than the standard 226 SAO and it looks like the extra features easily make that up.

Maybe instead of a smoking deal we are just getting cool gun for the going rate.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top