Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 5:53:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Im looking for the sao version, any one seen one?  I have the sa/da on order but would rather the sao.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 7:12:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm really surprised the SAO hasn't been and isn't offered in .40
I could easily it see it being popular for gun games where .40 is required.
View Quote

I'd buy one of those in a heart beat, even with that hideous large extractor.
The 40 S&W is still my favorite caliber.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 8:22:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:17:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Right on. Keep me posted if you could please.
View Quote

Fit like OJ's glove, tight as shit...
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 9:42:12 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv165/slipjett/IMG_7044_zpsapoa0ut6.jpg

My goodness. The gun gods have finally smiled upon me! They have created my dream carry gun and one will be in my hands soon. Thanks for posting the picture.

I'm pretty sure all the crap I've read about the legion is that .40 and .357 sig will be available later this year. Like November. I'm pretty sure sao will be included in the to be released gun in all calibers as well.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:06:21 PM EDT
[#7]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv165/slipjett/IMG_7044_zpsapoa0ut6.jpg

More pictures of this gun please. Can we see the sights.
Link Posted: 10/13/2015 10:41:40 PM EDT
[#8]
As of Oct 9th, I am a proud owner of the 226.  I will say its a great pistol.  Shooting it was .  Love the sights, the fit and feel, perfect.  Money well spent.  I am an elite.....don't forget it.  Hopefully my case and extras come this week.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 11:09:50 AM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Best I can do, comparing Siglites with new X-Ray sights...

Link Posted: 10/14/2015 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Im looking for the sao version, any one seen one?  I have the sa/da on order but would rather the sao.
View Quote

SAO is supposed to be out in November
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 12:14:22 PM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Best I can do, comparing Siglites with new X-Ray sights...
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv165/slipjett/IMG_7048_zpsciph2c4c.jpg
http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv165/slipjett/IMG_7049_zpslnlloqbm.jpg

Turn off lights and go into a room that is not completely dark but has reflected outside light and take a pic.
for example here is my G19 with Heinie straight 8 sights
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#12]
How about just a picture of the front sight. It looks like a Trijicon HD front sight to me, only a better green color.
Link Posted: 10/15/2015 10:08:54 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll try to help out with some sight pics, but all I have is an iPhone. Pics of P226 Legion.

Link Posted: 10/16/2015 10:02:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The SAO will come with the outstanding SIG Mastershop X Series fully adjustable level 1 trigger with a flat X Series Super match flat trigger face.

http://www.legionseries.com/p226-sao-legion/

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is the 226 Legion SAO in stores yet?

I believe that I read that they will be shipping in November...

What exactly is the difference between these two trigger offerings?  What are the main reasons to go with one versus the other?

The SAO will come with the outstanding SIG Mastershop X Series fully adjustable level 1 trigger with a flat X Series Super match flat trigger face.

http://www.legionseries.com/p226-sao-legion/

Yes, adjustable for pull but there is no cutout on the frame for adjusting the pull weight.
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 10:04:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It should take the P229-1 threaded barrel, I hope to find out this afternoon!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got mine ordered. Pretty stoked about it! I went with the 229 version since I had looked at that enhanced elite and just didn't like the extended beaver tail. The new lower profile controls are pretty sweet too.

Can the legion take a standard 229 threaded barrel? Like the ones sig sells on their website?

It will most definitely be a P229-1 barrel as it has the slide with the full height serrations and because that is the standard now. Legacy is only for LEO & military now.
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 8:36:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It will most definitely be a P229-1 barrel as it has the slide with the full height serrations and because that is the standard now. Legacy is only for LEO & military now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got mine ordered. Pretty stoked about it! I went with the 229 version since I had looked at that enhanced elite and just didn't like the extended beaver tail. The new lower profile controls are pretty sweet too.

Can the legion take a standard 229 threaded barrel? Like the ones sig sells on their website?

Will the silencerco threaded barrels fit the 226 Legion?
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 9:40:58 AM EDT
[#17]

Will the silencerco threaded barrels fit the 226 Legion?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 10/17/2015 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Got a 226 Legion today. Best Sig Sauer P-series pistol trigger I have ever felt. Worth the money!

Link Posted: 10/17/2015 7:30:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Got a 226 Legion today. Best Sig Sauer P-series pistol trigger I have ever felt. Worth the money!

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/749/21630443893_e42467b468_b.jpg
View Quote

I really can't wait for the SAO version. I got me mitts on a coupla 226's at the store today and it didn't help.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 12:58:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Mine came in this past Monday. Hopefully get it out this weekend. Thing is fooking sweet

Sir James...
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 10:37:02 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm getting the hots for the 226 SAO. 10+ years since I had a sig. Maybe a Christmas present to myself.  Looks like that safety will allow a high grip and not ride the slide release like on DA/SA sigs.  Always did like sigs, just not the slide release location.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 8:19:42 AM EDT
[#22]
A question for you guys who carry these bigger guns. How the hell do you do it?! Hopefully my 229 will be in this week and the holster shopping has begun. Usually I carry an lcp, however, I tried carrying my 290 yesterday in a kydex iwb holster. I hated every second of it. My normal carry is owb.

I'm looking at a stealthgear onyx iwb in hopes that the soft back will help keep the pistol on my hip instead of trying to fall down it. I've tried crossbreed. It's nice, but sweating in the summer down here makes that holster down right disgusting to carry all day.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 8:46:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The sig 40's don't hold enough rounds to be competitive. Even with extensions the magazines are to narrow. If you can't get at least 20 rounds in the mag then you are giving up a couple rounds to the big boys.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 8:49:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
A question for you guys who carry these bigger guns. How the hell do you do it?! Hopefully my 229 will be in this week and the holster shopping has begun. Usually I carry an lcp, however, I tried carrying my 290 yesterday in a kydex iwb holster. I hated every second of it. My normal carry is owb.

I'm looking at a stealthgear onyx iwb in hopes that the soft back will help keep the pistol on my hip instead of trying to fall down it. I've tried crossbreed. It's nice, but sweating in the summer down here makes that holster down right disgusting to carry all day.
View Quote

It helps to be a big fat bastard

I carry a 229 in a Comptac Mtac and have for close to ten years. I always wear some kind of undershirt even in the summer which is tough around here. Bought a shield but can't wrap my head around carryin a little gun yet. Might try my 320 as a in between compromise to save a little weight.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 8:55:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I carry a 229 in a Comptac Mtac and have for close to ten years. I always wear some kind of undershirt even in the summer which is tough around here. Bought a shield but can't wrap my head around carryin a little gun yet. Might try my 320 as a in between compromise to save a little weight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I pretty much have that covered at 6' 250! I've just always carried little guns and I'm starting to get a little paranoid about that. I just don't think this pistol will do well with concealment in an owb holster without drastically changing my cover. I wear one of those double pocket red cap shirts and a long sleeve under that every day. Can't go with a much bigger shirt without looking like a balloon!
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:21:23 AM EDT
[#26]
On another forum some users noticed a slanted front sight.  Anyone here notice the front sight isn't perfectly square when viewed through the read sight?
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 11:32:19 AM EDT
[#27]
The 229 I handled appeared fine. If it was off it wasn't enough for me to notice it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 5:36:27 PM EDT
[#28]
I purchased a 226 Legion as my first firearm. Hopefully, it'll meet and exceed every expectation.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 7:24:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I purchased a 226 Legion as my first firearm. Hopefully, it'll meet and exceed every expectation.
View Quote

Wow, that is quite a purchase for a first firearm.  I'm sure you will love it.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

My mantra: Buy once, Cry once

You'll be very happy with the P226
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 10:42:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you wont be happy......... until you buy one of each.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#32]
I've never owned a sig. For some reason I really want the p229 legion. My only concern is hitting the slide release constantly because I have an aggressive thumbs forward grip. The SAO looks sweet too. I heard those will be out next week.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 4:41:17 PM EDT
[#33]
I held one briefly yesterday.

From just holding the P226, it seems like the grips have added thickness near the slide release lever that makes it a bit more difficult to inadvertently hit it.

I'm seriously taking a look at one of these. And I've never been a big SIG fan.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 9:21:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I held one briefly yesterday.

From just holding the P226, it seems like the grips have added thickness near the slide release lever that makes it a bit more difficult to inadvertently hit it.

I'm seriously taking a look at one of these. And I've never been a big SIG fan.
View Quote

I watched a video on YouTube and sig put a lower profile slide lock on the legion. Supposed to help with engaging it accidentally.
Link Posted: 10/25/2015 9:13:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Case came in, and just like someone had described, it's similar to an Oakley sunglass case.  Also, pretty cruel for Sig to put in a spot below the gun to fill, especially for silly people like me.

Link Posted: 10/25/2015 9:19:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 7:22:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Whoever my dealer is ordering from has his head in the sand or is on a permanent vacation. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago, paid for it last week, and still no answer as to when it may show up.

Hell, I've seen 2 for sale lightly used already here on the EE!
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 5:18:06 PM EDT
[#38]
It's not your dealer's fault, all the distributors are showing 0 units in stock ready to ship, everything shows as allocated
meaning there is a shitload of orders and all the inbound shipments are going to fill those orders.

It's gonna be a little while till things calm down a bit but if your guy preordered those will get filled first.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#39]
You're probably right. I guess I was the first person to ask for one from the shop, so I guess he didn't pre order any.

He said the sig rep offerd me some sig ammo for being patient. I thought that was pretty nice. I'd like to get that xm-18 instead, but I'm not a greedy kind of guy!
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 8:13:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Good things come to those who wait and wait.......... so I am told.

it will be worth it when you get it. mine shoots nice groups at 20 yards and impressed the hell out of me so now
I am waiting on the sao to add to the collection. The 9mm win nato 124gr is like match ammo in this gun.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 8:36:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Looks nice.

I'm still kinda thinking about that Tac Ops 226.....whatever it's called.

The one that takes the 20 round mags.

Maybe I'll wait.

Link Posted: 10/26/2015 8:41:40 PM EDT
[#42]
I just ordered 4 - 20 round mags for mine. greg cote has them at a decent price.
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 9:06:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 9:20:42 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

The 20rd mags work in all of them. The Tac-Ops just has grips that add an extended magwell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks nice.

I'm still kinda thinking about that Tac Ops 226.....whatever it's called.

The one that takes the 20 round mags.

Maybe I'll wait.

The 20rd mags work in all of them. The Tac-Ops just has grips that add an extended magwell.

That's literally the only difference?
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 9:49:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 4:32:36 PM EDT
[#46]
I finally got my 229. I have to say, I get it now. I mean, I've had sigs, but they've been small ones. I have a 290 now and I had a 238 that I sold because I just didn't like it.

This 229 feels like sig made it just for me. Great pistol seriously! I plan on beating it up, but it will never be sold. I see why people love them so much.

I put 15 rounds through it when I picked it up. 5 in each mag. I just wanted to run some rounds through it before I put it on my hip. Flawless!
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 8:39:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Thats what I did, turned out it was a local person and I was able to do FTF and he gave me a good deal.win win
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I put 15 rounds through it ... Flawless!
View Quote

A torture test for the ages.

Still interested in seeing some pictures of the SAO version.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I've never owned a sig. For some reason I really want the p229 legion. My only concern is hitting the slide release constantly because I have an aggressive thumbs forward grip. The SAO looks sweet too. I heard those will be out next week.
View Quote

I also use an aggressive thumbs forward grip and shoot my SIGs, both SAO and DA/SA 2-3 times every week and unintentionally operating the slide lock has never been an issue for me.

The SAO flat faced adjustable L1 type trigger is extraordinary for a range/competition pistol.

Link Posted: 10/31/2015 10:35:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I put 15 rounds through it ... Flawless!

Well, a function check is better with a few live rounds no?

There will be plenty more rounds fired, but work doesn't like me spending an hour at the range whilst on the clock.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top