Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2015 3:23:45 PM EDT
Sig 226 or 228 trade in's rough beat up guns revived. Show your old guns looking like new with a refinished job.

A quick snap of my 228 Made in Germany taken on the way home to show a friend.

Did a little shooting to test out gun after Cerakote job.  Shot 100 rounds without an issue
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I purchased a police trade in P226 9mm several years ago.... I was probably the most accurate pistol that I've ever owned...

However in my need for quick cash to pay medical bills, I sold it...

It was never refinished, I liked it just as it was....
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:19:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Purchased a 228 it shot great but rough looking with some bare metal showing near muzzle and front of grip. I went ahead and had acoating.com refinish.  Received gun and it looks great will post a picture. Will try to get good lighting to show best as possible. Picture was sent to me by business which did not do it justice.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 1:38:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is my Sig 226 Made in W Germany I had refinished today another quick picture.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Refinishing...... blasphemy!  Holster wear is a badge of honor why cover it up.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 7:33:39 PM EDT
[#5]
The pictures aren't that great, but the guns were P6's that I bought from Wideners a few years ago (Late 2012).  I had a P225 and loved it and thought I'd buy a few P6's and give them to my sons.  When I got them, they were pretty filthy and rough (which is in the eyes of the beholder) and I sent them to customizedcreationz.com while he had his 12-12-12 sale going on.  I got the guns completely stripped and redone in a two tone finish.  The guns came back looking like new.  It was a little hard to select the finish from Internet pictures and I was a little disappointed in the lighter color pistol, but they are both still awesome.  I added wood grips for about $79 each.  Later on I had a P226 from Wideners redone in FDE/Black finish and it's awesome as well.

Pictures suck but the guns and the finish are great!  And oh, the boys are not getting these guns.

Link Posted: 8/30/2015 12:10:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Tried a better picture of my 226 in satin graphite black.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top