Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2015 7:43:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 8:51:18 PM EDT
[#1]
There are different magazines. The 229-1 is the newer style and has a wider, stepped down tapered magazine. The 229-1 mags won't work in the old guns. The old mags work in the 229-1 guns. I know my 229-1 was used exclusively with older mags and never had a problem.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 9:20:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There are different magazines. The 229-1 is the newer style and has a wider, stepped down tapered magazine. The 229-1 mags won't work in the old guns. The old mags work in the 229-1 guns. I know my 229-1 was used exclusively with older mags and never had a problem.
View Quote

You can use the 229-1 mags in an older 229 if you change the grips to E2 IIRC.
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 11:28:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.   The frame is different.   Old mags work in new guns
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 8:32:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  Newer mags are wider and will not fit in the frame.  Old mags fit in newer 229's but loose.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 4:14:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn.  I thought that I'd read somewhere that changing the grip would accommodate them.

Glad I learned this way, because I was considering switching.  Saved me some $.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 6:23:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 9:24:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He also informed me that all Department orders are legacy frames.
View Quote

Our recent dept. purchase 229s were legacy frames.  LE guns are also supposed to come with MecGar made mags, but that doesn't happen all the time. Our 226s came with Checkmate mags instead.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top