Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2015 9:08:58 AM EDT
A few weeks back I picked up a 320 compact with threaded barrel. I really like the trigger and the way it feels in my hand.

When I attached my Octane 45, it no longer cycled. I tired a few different 147 gr at most I could get two shots in a row before a partial stove pipe. Switching to a lighter faster projectile it worked, but was no longer subsonic.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Just a complete wild guess...I could be wrong...but my first thought is...is the Octane 45 to heavy? Is the weight of the suppressor causing issues?

EDIT-  NEVER MIND. I guess I did not fully think this out.
Link Posted: 8/13/2015 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#2]
If I switch barrels on my P226 between 9mm and 40 cal,  I use different springs.  Try a lighter spring
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 7:07:16 AM EDT
[#3]
They currently do not offer different springs for the 320 compact, but that was a thought.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 4:35:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Does your can have a Neilsen device?
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 12:52:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Octanes normally come with a piston so I'd be surprised if it didn't.

Thanks for the heads up with the issue OP. I'm looking at either a 2022 or the new 320 for a host as both are sold with TBs, I think I'll stick with the 2022. Hope someone can help you with it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 4:16:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up with the issue OP. I'm looking at either a 2022 or the new 320 for a host as both are sold with TBs, I think I'll stick with the 2022. Hope someone can help you with it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It does have a neilsen in the piston.

Sig said they have not had any issues. The gun has about 50 rounds thught it now. I think I'll shoot a few 100 and see what happens.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 1:09:30 PM EDT
[#7]
ive got the same gun coming in next week and will be attaching my Osprey 9 suppressor to it and ill let ya know how mine runs. have you tried several kinds of 147gr ammo or just one?
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 1:34:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
ive got the same gun coming in next week and will be attaching my Osprey 9 suppressor to it and ill let ya know how mine runs. have you tried several kinds of 147gr ammo or just one?
View Quote

Please post your feedback. Looking at getting one as a host for my Osprey as well.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 2:56:53 PM EDT
[#9]
What really chaps my ass is no threaded barrel for the full size only compact.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 9:37:41 PM EDT
[#10]
OP did you gun originally come with a regular barrel and you bought a threaded barrel and put in there? or did it come with threaded barrel from SIG? what model number is the gun? is it 320CA-9-BSS-TB?
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 8:44:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, barrel came with the gun. I think thats the model number. Found it at Buds gun shop.
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yes, barrel came with the gun. I think thats the model number. Found it at Buds gun shop.
View Quote

does it have raised suppressor night sights on it?
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 5:59:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes it does
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 7:55:41 PM EDT
[#14]
just got my gun today. this thing is sweet!! my osprey 9 will be in in about a week and a half. ill be able to do a review then.

OP have you tried the 124gr american eagle suppressor 9mm ammo? i know you said switching to a lighter projectile fixed it. here is a link to the ammo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIGBfkjWsSw

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/85760

i wonder if that would fix your issue
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 9:48:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
just got my gun today. this thing is sweet!! my osprey 9 will be in in about a week and a half. ill be able to do a review then.

OP have you tried the 124gr american eagle suppressor 9mm ammo? i know you said switching to a lighter projectile fixed it. here is a link to the ammo:

View Quote

Interesting concept. I might have to check that out.

Sig has a new, lighter, recoil spring in bound. I also have a Magnetospeed corno coming to see what bullet speed is as I test a few different rounds, hopefully Saturday if everything comes together. I'll keep you updated.

As for your set up, I think your going to like it. I really like the sig! Maybe the shorter size of the 9mm osprey over the 45 octane will prevent the issues to begin with.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 11:54:38 PM EDT
[#16]
You should just sell me your barrel they seem to be hard to find.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 9:09:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

OCG has them for $175ish...
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 1:37:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks man. Of course they have the same gun OP bought right next to the barrel and I am now debating on whether to just buy it instead
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 5:53:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Sig has a new, lighter, recoil spring in bound. I also have a Magnetospeed corno coming to see what bullet speed is as I test a few different rounds, hopefully Saturday if everything comes together. I'll keep you updated.

As for your set up, I think your going to like it. I really like the sig! Maybe the shorter size of the 9mm osprey over the 45 octane will prevent the issues to begin with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

so Sig is sending you a lighter spring? or they are about to release a lighter spring?
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:15:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Thanks man. Of course they have the same gun OP bought right next to the barrel and I am now debating on whether to just buy it instead
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

'

You can find the gun cheaper with barrel than they had it, at least when I got it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 9:16:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

so Sig is sending you a lighter spring? or they are about to release a lighter spring?
View Quote

They made me one, from the custom shop. Unfortunately my trip to my friends place last Saturday was cancelled. Hoping to make the range tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/26/2015 7:32:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

They made me one, from the custom shop. Unfortunately my trip to my friends place last Saturday was cancelled. Hoping to make the range tomorrow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

cool keep us informed on if the lighter spring fixed your issues
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 9:39:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Will do! Unfortunately for my range trip, but good for work, we are moving starting tomorrow. So sneaking off the range between work and picking up son from day care will be a week out.
Link Posted: 8/30/2015 9:32:58 PM EDT
[#24]
In for the results on the custom spring fix.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 9:37:51 PM EDT
[#25]
So here is my report.....

Got my suppressor in on Wednesday and went straight to my buddies property to shoot it. I loaded up the 124gr American Eagle suppressor ammo that i had mentioned in an earlier post. I only put in 10 rounds to start off. The first shot resulted in a stove pipe malfunction. I cleared that and shot again, resulting in another stove pipe malfunction. The fired casing wasnt being ejected and jammed behind the new round trying to go into the chamber. So i cleared that and shot again, and yet again resulted in another stove pipe. I then cleared the gun and inserted a different magazine that was fully loaded with my Federal HST 147gr hollow points. I shot the entire magazine trouble free. Everything was ejecting normally. After i fired that whole mag my friend then pulls up and wants to fire off some rounds. All i had left was around 40 rounds of the American Eagle suppressor ammo that was giving me problems. I told him i wanted to try and shoot 10 more rounds and see if i would still have issues. The next 10 rounds i shot ran flawlessly. Then all the rest of that ammo we shot ran flawlessly. I shot another 50 rounds of the same ammo yesterday with no issues. Not sure why the first 10 rounds i shot out of the gun suppressed had so many problems but it seems to have worked itself out i guess. I shot a video of shooting rapid fire. Its on my instagram page (instagram/kevguillot).

Link Posted: 9/16/2015 5:30:38 PM EDT
[#26]
another update.......

i bought some winchester 147gr flat nose subsonic rounds to try out also. i wasnt having any failure to ejects but i was having the slide get locked back before the last round in the magazine. it did it about twice on every mag i shot through the gun. ive never had that happen on any gun before. any clue what could be causing it? my thumb wasnt riding the slide or slide stop. i wasnt limp wristing.

kevin
Link Posted: 9/20/2015 1:18:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Anyone else with the factory threaded 320 model? Curious how many may be having issues suppressing these.
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 10:32:04 AM EDT
[#28]
I am curious as well. Looking at getting either a P320 to suppress or SP2022.  I was leaning towards the P320 since most of my handgun shooting experience lies with striker fired handguns, but if it is troublesome to suppress then I might learn the DA/SA.
Link Posted: 9/23/2015 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Compact model here. Handloaded down to find the point, with and w/o can, where it would still cycle reliably. For me, the minimum load was the same for both.
Link Posted: 9/24/2015 7:53:53 PM EDT
[#30]
OP, did you get that new recoil spring in yet?
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 1:31:06 PM EDT
[#31]
I got in my smaller grip module and went out and fired off 100 rounds suppressed. 50 rounds of speer 147gr and 50 of federal 147gr flat nose. Didn't have a single issue. Not sure why every outing is different. I'll update with any other range trips.
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks kevguillot for the update. Still holding out on any purchase till I hear more feedback.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 5:08:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Wow, this thread took on a life of its own!

I did get the new spring in but then the plant I worked for moved to a new building which took all my time for a while.

Made it out to the range last week and didn't use the new spring. Didn't have any issues shooting suprressed though. Same Ammo as before because I forgot to bring anything else. I had the spring but didn't see the need to swap it in if it was working. I think it a break in thing. The gun now has 100 or so more rounds thought it than before.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 5:39:34 PM EDT
[#34]
Wonder if the SIG 250 .380" ACP spring would fit?
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 8:13:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Ditto. My factory threaded 9mm P320 Carry also has ejection issues (FTE) when running suppressed. It's basically a single shot with both Octane 45HD and Octane 45K (on P320CA9BSSTB). Gun only has 50 rounds through it. Not sure if I should call Sig for a lighter recoil spring or run another 200 rounds through it and retest.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 11:25:39 PM EDT
[#36]
I wonder if anyone is having issues with 9mm fans as opposed to 45 cans?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top