Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2015 10:28:46 PM EDT
What's the differences in these models?

Also, there is a thread that I have searched and searched for and cannot find where someone listed all the models and how they relate to one another.  Anyone know where that might be?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#1]
IMHO the 239 was designed for concealed carry by Sig (SAS) the 225 is just a single stack 9mm. same police/military style as all P series Sig pistols.I could be very wrong, as i am not an expert.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:49:24 AM EDT
[#2]
The P225 is an older design with the folded steel slide and a bit larger grip. The P239 is newer with a solid stainless slide and a smaller grip. Both good but the P239 would be a better choice for concealed carry IMO.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:14:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Ran down to the LGS this morning and checked out a 239.  It isn't for me.  I love Sigs and have sorta started collecting them, but I was hoping to find a new IWB pistol.  I think the Glock 19 I carry is a better choice for that than the 239.  I did however look at a 938 Scorpion and it almost came home with me!
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 1:19:05 PM EDT
[#4]
The P938 is a wonderful carry pistol. It's tiny and still packs a respectable amount of firepower.

The P239 was disappointing to me. It's not THAT much smaller than a P225 and didn't feel as nice in my hands. The width is the biggest issue. For me, if I'm going to carry something as wide as a P239, I'd might as well just carry a P225 or P220.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:02:00 PM EDT
[#5]
The P239 is a great pistol, but I don't have a use for it.  I carry a P229 which is only 1/3" or so bigger in each direction, and now you get a double stack.  

Having a thinner pistol sounds great and all, but I don't see 1/3" as a game-changing amount.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 2:34:00 PM EDT
[#6]
938 is probably  my next pistol.  However, I talked myself into finishing my AR10 build before I spend the $$$ on yet another pistol.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ran down to the LGS this morning and checked out a 239.  It isn't for me.  I love Sigs and have sorta started collecting them, but I was hoping to find a new IWB pistol.  I think the Glock 19 I carry is a better choice for that than the 239.  I did however look at a 938 Scorpion and it almost came home with me!
View Quote

Glock is never the answer, especially when a Sig is involved.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HAHA, I know there are die hard fanatics on both sides of the aisle.  I love them both, but for concealed carry, I am more comfortable with the striker fired than the double action first pull of the Sig.  I am practicing and hoping to change that though cause I really want to like and be more comfortable with the Sig!
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 11:39:45 PM EDT
[#9]
You can compare all the various current SIG pistol models on http://sigsauer.com/Catalog/pistols.aspx

Discontinued models are here
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You can compare all the various current SIG pistol models on http://sigsauer.com/Catalog/pistols.aspx

Discontinued models are here
View Quote

Thank you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top