Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2015 12:54:49 AM EDT

My immediate needs are met --- i have faith in my current bedside companions

I dont know why i keep buying and selling/trading more guns though --- i think i want to try them out - keep what i like, then move the rest down the road

Lately i've been loving my newly aquired 220 10 mm

But that said ----- just wanted a judgement call opinion if you guys' had a few hundo's burning a hole in your pocket and were about to buy a couple of cheaper range toys/truck guns

Would you be more inclined to purchase a couple of 2022's at around 4 bills apiece, ---------   or a couple of the CZ 999's for much less (which are reportedly a pretty good 226 compact clone)

I've heard you need to fiddle with BEretta 92 mags to get good spares for the 999 and that is a tad off-putting as i am dangerous with power tools, --- but looks like a nice clone for the mission parameters i stated also

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:42:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

I dont know why i keep buying and selling/trading more guns though --- i think i want to try them out - keep what i like, then move the rest down the road

But that said ----- just wanted a judgement call opinion if you guys' had a few hundo's burning a hole in your pocket and were about to buy a couple of cheaper range toys/truck guns

Would you be more inclined to purchase a couple of 2022's at around 4 bills apiece, ---------   or a couple of the CZ 999's for much less (which are reportedly a pretty good 226 compact clone)

I've heard you need to fiddle with BEretta 92 mags to get good spares for the 999 and that is a tad off-putting as i am dangerous with power tools, --- but looks like a nice clone for the mission parameters i stated also

View Quote

I have (had) both. I do like both, but my CZ999 Compact had to go back for warranty repair because of some BTF and FTF issues (both were corrected by Century). Factory mag availability comes and goes, some members here have had good luck modifying Beretta 92 mags to work for spares. The double action pull of the the Zastava is heavy--manageable, but heavy. Seems ok enough until right before where the trigger breaks. I like the ambi slide release/decocker--it doesn't get in the way at all when gripping the gun. It does need to be stated that CZ 99s/CZ 999s are NOT SIG clones--they share some similarities, but they are more like a hybrid between a 226/229 and a relatively obscure gun, a Walther P88 compact. Some SIG holsters will fit it, but others will not, just something to keep in mind. A fairly accurate gun in my experience, shooting it from 10 yards all the way on up to 100 yards (in DA mode even).

The SIG PRO 2022 overall I think is the better gun (even for more money). Definitely a very accurate gun, perhaps surprisingly so. Double action in my humble opinion on this gun is excellent. Doesn't take much practice at all to work the double action without disturbing the sights. Decocker is very easy to use. There are different grip modules (2 come with the gun, should be small and either medium or large). I love the texturing on the grip(s). Not too rough, not too smooth.

My biggest gripe is that the slide lock/slide release is very easy to inadvertently push down with your right thumb if you ride it there on top during firing--what will often happen is that this will cause the slide to not lock back on the last round (it doesn't take much). One way around this is to use a grip where your dominant hand thumb is tucked underneath the slide release lever (not the only way, just one way). The trigger reset IMO is not the greatest...not bad, but there is an audible "false reset" (you'll hear a slight "click" before the ACTUAL trigger reset) that can be a little confusing. For some people it will just be easier to take your finger briefly off the trigger rather than try to ride it the whole time as it resets. Out of the box, the factory SIG LITE night sights on mine  shoot a bit high at 25 yards--10 yards or so they are about spot on. Only other critique I really have against it is that factory SP 2022 15 rounders are expensive--most shops want $40 or so for them (ouch). MecGar 17 rounders are slightly cheaper (shipped) than that.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:01:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had both, liked the CZ999 better, other than the slide finish which I HAD to have cerakoted.  The Sig takedown and reassembly should have been the same as the P series or the CZ999 on the SP.  No reason to change it and make the ugly long slide stop lever.  While the sig was nice (slide finish especially), it just didn't do anything for me YMMV.  The CZ999 is nearly an EXACT P series copy with an improved combined slide stop decocker.  Neither make good carry guns as they are pretty large although my CZ999 was the full size, I thought it looked a LOT better in that length.  Mags are NOT an issue if you are handy with tools.  CHEAP Beretta M9 mags work perfectly if you cut in the D hole on the mag body to latch it in place.  They can be had for $8-10 each at gun shows/shops.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:13:37 AM EDT
[#3]
dwcopple is likely to argue with me again, but the CZ99/999 is not "nearly an EXACT P series copy."  It looks a lot like a P226/228, but that's about it.  It's more of a P88 than anything else.  Also be aware that it's a Serbian pistol made by Zastava, not a Czech pistol made by CZ.  Not saying they are bad pistols.  But they're not a SIG or a CZ.

I'd buy the SP2022, and I did.  Excellent pistol for the price.  It was the first polymer framed pistol I bought, and the first 2-tone.  I'm used to the SRT in my SIGs, so I might short stroke the trigger during rapid fire if I haven't used it in a while.  But it is a really good trigger for a pistol at that price point.  $400ish is a normal price, but if you time things right you can find them for $350-380.  One place recently had them for $333.  That was a great price.

Pics for no reason at all:
Fresh outta the box:

With the Large grip panel:

Results of the first 15 rounds through it (I think it was only 5 yards though):
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:16:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd go with the SP2022...mags and parts would be easier to find and it is a real SIG.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:36:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$400ish is a normal price, but if you time things right you can find them for $350-380.  One place recently had them for $333.  That was a great price.

l]
View Quote

I was aware of the pistol,s ancestry ----  i read a couple of different blog postings about them (The Serb pistol) - evidently it is in use by a couple of different military units ,  --- i know its no Sig,  - but it has very Sig-like ergos it looks like

----  I have been trying to find that $333 ad for the Sig Pro's though -- i remember someone posting about it here in the recent past - not long ago at all.   I guess it doesnt take long to sell out at great prices like that though
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#6]
It was here:  http://www.pistolandpawn.com/wp/product/sig-sauer-sp2022-two-tone-with-free-laser/  Hyperlink button keeps crashing my phone, so I can't hotlink.

PSA ran good deals on them a lot last year but I haven't seen as many this year. Still, if you're patient you can get an awesome price. If you're not patient, you still get a great pistol at a good price.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:37:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just FYI, Aim does right now have some CZ 999 factory mags at 19.99. You ain't gonna beat that price for factory mags, if you can even find them somewhere else.

http://aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=MCZ99915&name=CZ999+9mm+15rd+Magazine+Zastava+Factory+New&groupid=16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top