Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2015 12:24:28 AM EDT

Damned excited to get this

no range report yet ----- love almost everything about it so far in the coon-fingering test .   Grips feel great !  (look like shit, but feel great ) -- all stainless construction -- is genuinely heavy enough to beat someone about the head and shoulders with if you run out of ammo

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 12:40:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Good looking pistol.

I've been kicking around the idea of picking up a new Sig in 10mm.

Let us know how it shoots.

Link Posted: 5/23/2015 1:14:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Beautiful Sig, tagged for shooting report.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 7:52:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Very nice!  Any reason you went with the GT20 over another style of SIG 10mm?

Don't forget to send in the rebate form for your free mags and pistol case.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 8:48:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Just keep you Mall Ninja Certification current and its all good...
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:29:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Thats easy --  when i heard about this gun on gun talk, i had no idea Sig was making a standard factory version available soon ---  

I put my deposit down on this one months ago----  but now that i have it ,  the sights are great, i also dislike 2 tone guns and most of the initial offerings from Sig are 2 tone right now - i also like it because its SAO,  ( although a couple of the new sigs are as well)

The tale of the tape for anything is getting it on the range though - but it passes the eye test for me
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:35:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just keep you Mall Ninja Certification current and its all good...
View Quote

No need - the guy who specced this gun out (Tom Gresham) intended this to be a target gun or a hunting gun -- not a "tactical" piece

It will not replace my aging p229 as a bedside companion, nor was it designed to ( although it could)
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:03:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thats easy --  when i heard about this gun on gun talk, i had no idea Sig was making a standard factory version available soon ---  

I put my deposit down on this one months ago----  but now that i have it ,  the sights are great, i also dislike 2 tone guns and most of the initial offerings from Sig are 2 tone right now - i also like it because its SAO,  ( although a couple of the new sigs are as well)

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't find out about the GT20 until about a week ago. Not sure if I would have ordered one.  I did jump on the fixed sight two toned DA/SA 10mm when I found one (first SIG 10mm I saw).  Depending on future availability and funding, I may consider the adj. sight SAO 10mm.

I was excited back during the SHOT show when SIG and Glock announced the new 10mm platforms. I knew this was going to be an expensive year for me. At this point, I lost interest in the Glock MOS platform after trying out a G41 with a RDS.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:45:06 PM EDT
[#8]
How come it looks like it peed on the seat?

Seriously though, nice gun.  I would call my FFL except I really don't need another steel 10mm.  I know, I know, what does 'need' have to do with anything.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 2:48:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Mag capacity?

Single or double stack?

Txl
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 3:28:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Mag capacity?

Single or double stack?

Txl
View Quote

All the Sig tens will be single stack, eight rounds.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 10:06:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Wonder if it's a bad sign that they were going to make 1000 of the GT versions(at least they one they showed in a video had '1 of  1000') but are now only doing 300...  I really hope this line doesn't putter out before they come out with some better options.  Like a carry slide on a DASA frame and all Nitron.
Link Posted: 5/23/2015 11:47:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wonder if it's a bad sign that they were going to make 1000 of the GT versions(at least they one they showed in a video had '1 of  1000') but are now only doing 300...  I really hope this line doesn't putter out before they come out with some better options.  Like a carry slide on a DASA frame and all Nitron.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

From what I learned last week listening to Tom Gresham on Gun Talk, the GT20 was meant to be a limited offering during the month of March.

We said we would take order through March 31, or when we hit 1,000. I don't think we'll hit that number, so the cutoff will be at the end of this month. Make no mistake. When we shut down the orders, that's it. No more.

There was supposed to be one SIG 220 10mm from the SIG 2015 catalog.  It is the "Match Elite" 5" barrel DA/SA with target rear sight.  

The other SIG 10mm's out there are for Lipsey's.  They posted over on the Sig Forum various other SIG 10mm's in the works (besides the two tone fixed sight DA/SA)..  5" SAO target rear sights in both full stainless and full Nitron.  Also Lipsey mentioned a 4.4 inch DA/SA fixed sight as a possibility down the road.  Of course if the market doesn't support the new SIG 10mm's, the "future" offerings could always change.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:29:38 AM EDT
[#13]
1 of 300?

So we wont see them in stores?  I was kinda hoping it was a full production line, or is the one you bought a special run?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 10:57:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
1 of 300?

So we wont see them in stores?  I was kinda hoping it was a full production line, or is the one you bought a special run?
View Quote

The one the OP has is a limited run.
There are four others that will be production run, but only one of those have hit the stores so far.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 12:27:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

There are four others that will be production run, but only one of those have hit the stores so far.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1 of 300?

Yes ---   it was sold through Dury's guns as a promotion for the 20th anniversary of Tom Gresham's Guntalk radio show (hence the GT 20 moniker) -- 10 years ago, he specced out a "GT 10" based on a Colt Delta Elite.

It is comparable to the factory's Match Elite offering with the exception that it is full stainless finish instead of 2 tone and has a fiber optic equipped front sight blade -- oh, and its SAO  a big plus for a field pistol when the first shot may be your only shot

When i found out a bit later that Sig was going to be offering these as factory offerings, i groaned a bit and slapped my forehead - as i generally dont like "special run" firearms -- but hey, its a big stainless Sig 10mm that , for my purposes, addresses many of the complaints i have with my rack grade Sig pistols

I dig it , and the  "1 in 300" marking is not nearly as offensive as i thought it would be

Originally it was supposed to be "! in 1000" though   ----   which makes me think the general public wasn't quite as excited about this gun as i was  - or advertisement of it wasnt widespread enough to get the word out -    ------    i was literally almost breathless when i got through to the Dury's rep wanting to make sure i got my order in under the wire ---  LOL     - like they would be selling like Rolling Stones tickets for MAdison Square Garden or something

Truth be told i was probably one of the first 30 or 40 guys to order one

Anyway -- i am really looking forward to putting this rascal through its paces on an outdoor range, but my AO is flooded out for the foreseeable future  ----  i have some indoor ranges,  but if i can keep a magazine full on a pie plate at 50 yards off a sandbag, - that will tell me if it has enough practical accuracy to rely on for a field pistol  ---   I'm sure the pistol can, just not sure about myself

I just saw a pic of a "Hunter" model as well that is not out yet but will have a camo finish and a factory installed red dot sight   ---    i wish i hadnt seen that -    That looks like one that is worth putting a few bucks back for as well
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 1:27:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Durys may have a few extra. They only had about 275 orders when the cut off came. They rounded up to 300. Call them if you want one.

ETA: I got one too .
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 3:38:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice! Tagged for range report
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 7:30:20 PM EDT
[#18]
LUCKY !!
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 11:05:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
LUCKY !!
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/11/2015 7:37:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Got mine Tuesday. Won't be able to shoot until 2 weeks from now. It's very nice and heavy
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:47:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Got mine Tuesday. Won't be able to shoot until 2 weeks from now. It's very nice and heavy
View Quote

I've been chomping at the bit to shoot mine since i got it, ---- but i refuse to take a nice firearm to a cold, sterile indoor range for its first outing --- so i am still holding out until the right venue
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 9:50:59 PM EDT
[#22]
I pick up mine tomorrow. I'm stoked.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Does one of you who ordered one mind sharing the price tag?  I'm considering ...
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:44:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Does one of you who ordered one mind sharing the price tag?  I'm considering ...
View Quote

Mine was  $1399

I dont know the real "street price" for the standard models (not much thats standard about 'em though - the production guns are all loaded out as well)

My thoughts are that the price is  a bit high,  but when it put my favorite cartridge into my favorite platform, -- i could smell leather burning i got the card out of my wallet so fast

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 3:58:13 PM EDT
[#25]
congratulations
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:13:09 PM EDT
[#26]
That's sweet. Tagging this thread for range report.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:40:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

It wont be long now --- i am celebrating the 4th of July by hitting the range with this pistol , plus an unfired 229 i aquired a few months ago

Also got some cheap 7.62 ---  so i can celebrate Independence Day by ringing some steel with my seldom fired M1A            

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 7:42:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It wont be long now --- i am celebrating the 4th of July by hitting the range with this pistol , plus an unfired 229 i aquired a few months ago

Also got some cheap 7.62 ---  so i can celebrate Independence Day by ringing some steel with my seldom fired M1A            

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice! Pics are expected.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top