Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2015 5:30:00 PM EDT
Wanted to share my new Sig Sauer "Traditional" Match Elite Stainless with you.  I added an Ed Brown magwell/MSH @25LPI checkering to match the front strap, deburred the slide to frame, installed a Wilson Combat 190 adjustable trigger, VZ Operator grips and also replaced the OEM ambi-safety with a Wilson Combat "Tactical" version (required a new hammer pin).  

Both the trigger and safety took some patience to fit, but everything works great and I couldn't be more pleased.  Aside from the external extractor, it is an exact clone of some of the nicest 1911s out there.  BTW, I also converted this firearm to Series 70.  

Here it is with one of its big brothers - my LWRCI M6IC:

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 12:07:42 AM EDT
[#1]
That thing is pretty SECKSAY!

I had a Traditional TacOps and loved it. I couldn't compare it to anything nicer, but it felt much better than a friend's Colt Rail Gun.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 12:31:44 AM EDT
[#2]
"Both the trigger and safety took some patience to fit"

What do you mean by that, exactly?  Did you have to file the sear or saftey or...

I have an STX that I have been thinking about doing some upgrades on.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 5:54:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"Both the trigger and safety took some patience to fit"

What do you mean by that, exactly?  Did you have to file the sear or saftey or...

I have an STX that I have been thinking about doing some upgrades on.
View Quote

Yes, the safety and trigger required some filing/fitting.  Very tedious, as you don't want to remove much metal.  I took the original SIG safety and used it as a guide to file the Wilson safety (sear lug).  The trigger wouldn't budge initially.  Some filing off the top and bottom edges did the trick.  I also smoothed the trigger slot for a nice pull.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 5:12:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice work and a VERY pretty SIG
View Quote

Thank you, Crowboy and "slow!"
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 11:30:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Very nice, me likey.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 6:19:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks, Elvis!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top