Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2015 11:21:28 PM EDT
So I'm gonna come right out and say it, this is my EDC pistol. My reasons.....

I Shoot it best of any pistol I own.

I conceal it just fine.

And yes its corny the Navy SEALs standard sidearm. But my thoughts on that are if its good enough for them its good enough for me.

Thoughts....
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:36:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Little big, but I love mine.  And works great with those 20 round MecGar mags...
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:42:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Little big, but I love mine.  And works great with those 20 round MecGar mags...
View Quote

Nice gun and yes the MECGARs are nicer than factory wish I had one. I wouldn't of gotten so many "hey your magazines gonna fall out" on my last deployment.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:46:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Nice gun and yes the MECGARs are nicer than factory wish I had one. I wouldn't of gotten so many "hey your magazines gonna fall out" on my last deployment.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The MK25 is a fine pistol. The chrome lined barrel and legacy short extractor are good enough reasons to buy it over a standard. It is a bit large to carry, but I have zero concerns over it failing.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:51:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The MK25 is a fine pistol. The chrome lined barrel and legacy short extractor are good enough reasons to buy it over a standard. It is a bit large to carry, but I have zero concerns over it failing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats my point I know I can always count on it. I even do a check every morning after i've gotten dressed where my wife checks me over for printing and its always a go. I know this gun is kinda big, but why shouldn't i carry it i just want someone to give me a good enough answer.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 7:27:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Why do you care what someone you neither know or respect says about your choice of a carry weapon.  Hell carry spoons if you want and are comfortable with how well they work.  If you want valid input, ask someone you know that has some good qualifications.  It's all up to you.  Not to start something here there are some very qualified people on this board, ( more qualified than me I am sure) but there are also some goofs as well.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:11:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why do you care what someone you neither know or respect says about your choice of a carry weapon.  Hell carry spoons if you want and are comfortable with how well they work.  If you want valid input, ask someone you know that has some good qualifications.  It's all up to you.  Not to start something here there are some very qualified people on this board, ( more qualified than me I am sure) but there are also some goofs as well.
View Quote

I guess I get what your saying, but I was just looking for a general overview from others who carry specifically a p226.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:19:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Sure why not? I've carried my MK25 and more recently my P226 Combat.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:21:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Just ordered an Allessi IWB holster for my MK25. Gonna give it a shot for ccw.  I love the gun and really hope I can carry it well.  I carry a G19 right now.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 8:58:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 9:48:53 PM EDT
[#10]
That's a pretty chunky pistol for CC but if you can pull it off then that's a good thing.
My main carry is a CCO sized 1911 but it's nice and slim and I can conceal it with dress clothes tucked in.
If I am on a day off or winter jacket etc I carry my CZ P-01.

If I were you I wouldn't care what anyone thinks it's not like your packing a XP-100 or a mini Draco AK

Link Posted: 4/22/2015 6:03:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I just picked up my first Sig today, and it happens to be a MK25 TB.  Since a conversation is going on about the MK25  I figured I would ask what holsters are you all using OWB and IWB.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 6:10:38 AM EDT
[#13]
I have a service related bad back, so I choose to use polymers instead for that reason in regards to EDC. But when its time to sleep, the polymers get locked up and I sleep with a good peace of mind knowing that my Mk25 is right there close buy and will do its job fine and is a solid tack driver at the range.

And I say if you can conceal it well, then who cares what the mouth breathers say, its your life and not their's to control. If it works, by all means then.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:11:10 AM EDT
[#14]
I carry the mk25 in afghanistan
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 7:52:44 AM EDT
[#15]
If the shoe fits, wear it
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 12:50:08 PM EDT
[#16]
All things considered ,  the Navy/Mk25  is the best pistol Sig makes.

I think the best of all time.
Link Posted: 4/24/2015 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I just picked up my first Sig today, and it happens to be a MK25 TB.  Since a conversation is going on about the MK25  I figured I would ask what holsters are you all using OWB and IWB.
View Quote

I've been carrying mine for almost two years. I started with a Galco King Tuk (a hybrid holster). Felt like I was wearing a diaper. I switched to a Galco V-Hawk. That worked well for 3:00-5:00 carry. Then I switched to my current holster. It's a Galco Triton for any P226. I'm not sure if it's plastic or kydex, but I carry it AIWB. It has adjustable retention screws and a single wide clip. Easy to get on and off. But any time I've practiced drawing, it has remained firmly on my belt.

ETA:  look also at holsters for the Springfield XD 9/40. The bore axis and rail is very similar in dimensions to the MK25. So it will widen your options as to what you can find. That proprietary Sig rail on the standard P226 makes it hard to find holsters for the MK25.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 1:09:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
All things considered ,  the Navy/Mk25  is the best pistol Sig makes.

I think the best of all time.
View Quote

I have both the standard MK25 & MK25-D. I'm curious what in your opinion makes it the best pistol Sig makes? They are great pistols but really no different than any other P226 in function.
Link Posted: 5/7/2015 8:06:16 PM EDT
[#19]
I just picked up a threaded MK25 last week and absolutely love it. I haven't shopped for holsters yet as I don't have my CCP here yet, but it makes for an awesome nightstand gun and shoots so freaking well. I will probably order a set of the E2 grips for it soon just to see how I like them. I put Hogues on now, and they're a little big for my hands.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 4:38:53 PM EDT
[#20]
I went to my LGS and held one. I think for my next 9mm I will purchase this model. Very nice trigger, short reset and I liked the weight. I have to admit I was impressed with this one.
Link Posted: 5/9/2015 2:17:18 AM EDT
[#21]
I see no issues with that.. Hell the Glock19 is one of the most popular carry guns and they're basically the same size
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top