Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2015 2:58:43 PM EDT
Hey All,

I have a p938 22lr version with threaded barrel (not the conversion slide).
Hellish fun and a great little 22lr pistol. It's not the perfect 22 but nice solid compact and loads of fun with a suppressor.

I cleaned it last night and noticed after putting it back together that the firing pin is stuck.
Is there a way to loosen that?  It does not protrude out of the back for the hammer to strike. In other words it's stuck inside the slide if that makes sense.

Any wisdom is greatly appreciated.  I'm going to call Sig on Monday to see what they say.

Thx!
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 5:09:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Firing pin spring has two different ends, revers it

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 4:44:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Thx, that's a great video.  Very informative.  
This video pertains to the standard "9" mm or .380.  I wonder if the firing pin of the 22lr is the same?  
I'll check it out.

Link Posted: 4/21/2015 8:41:28 PM EDT
[#3]
If you detail stripped the slide you went too far- never a need to detail strip for routine care. Overdoing disassembly ( as you have now found out) is sometimes more trouble than it is worth
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 8:51:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I did not detail strip the slide. Just a standard field strip clean and lube.
The pin must have literally quit working on the last shot before cleaning since it obviously fired the last round.
I sort of want to strip the slide as shown in the video but the gun is under warrenty and I'd rather have Sig take a look at it.
Sending it in tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/6/2015 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Follow up to stuck firing pin:
Sig customer service doesn't disappoint.  They replaced the faulty firing pin and sent it back pretty quickly.
No answer as to why the pin broke but she's running just fine again.  

Link Posted: 5/7/2015 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top