Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2015 3:22:20 PM EDT
Finally got around to shooting and fiddling around with a P6 I picked up during Christmas last year, only paid $250 for it. What is involved to lighten that heavy pull and what parts would I need? I have read  articles from simply replacing the main spring to new hammer strut and others. I just want to lighten it to a more acceptable weight and still maintain reliable primer ignition.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 4:01:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a P6 that had the 24# mainspring, I changed it to a Wolff 19#, the trigger went from 12.4 D/A to 11 D/A and a much smoother DA pull also.

ETA  I've never had ignition failure with any brand of 9mm with the reduced spring.

Link Posted: 4/14/2015 7:23:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Amazing deal. Would pay that for one right now.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:46:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Ditto on the great deal.

P6's were an awesome score. Wish I would have gotten one sooner, I fell in love with mine after one trip to the range.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 9:26:21 PM EDT
[#4]
My P6 had a very stiff double action trigger.  I took out the spring and compared it to a normal P226 spring that I had.  The P6 had 28 coils on it, the P226 had 24 coils on it.  The spring and wire diameter were identical on both.

I cut 4 coils off of the P6 spring and the trigger pulls now matched.  I have not had any failures with my cut down spring.

ymmv
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 9:40:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a P6 that had the 24# mainspring, I changed it to a Wolff 19#, the trigger went from 12.4 D/A to 11 D/A and a much smoother DA pull also.

ETA  I've never had ignition failure with any brand of 9mm with the reduced spring.

View Quote

I did the same to my P228 and have had zero ignition failures with just about every brand of ammo.
Link Posted: 5/17/2015 12:47:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Heck of a score at $250 from just late 2014. Just got my Wolff 20lb in yesterday to get changed out. If you DIY, watch the Tube videos, it's a bit of a bear. I tried doing this last night, need bigger channel locks. When you insert the assembly back into the pistol, you'll have to find this one notch or it will not seat correctly, and you'll think for a second you fouled something up with the pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top