Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2015 11:40:51 PM EDT
I know pretty much nothing about sigs...

Now that that is out in the open, I have an opportunity to buy a used p220 from a neighbor and my main interest is to learn about them and experiment with doing trigger jobs (ok, I will likely shoot this gun quite a bit too...  who are we kidding?)

My interest in the trigger jobs on 226's is with a local trainer that uses these, and ends up selling a lot to his clients.   I could be the guy to send them to if I knew what I was doing.  It would be a good deal for both our businesses if I were to become an expert on these.

So, the question is, does the 220 have the same trigger mechanism as the 226?  Or are they a totally different cat.

thanks in advance for the help
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 1:59:51 PM EDT
[#1]
With the Sig P22x series the triggers are for the most part the same, not all parts interchange but they for the most part look alike, and work alike.  The issue with the P22x series is the trigger type, it can come in several different flavors.  You can have the traditional DA\SA set up, or a SA only setup, or a DAO setup or a DAK setup and the mechanism is different between these. A lost of the parts are not interchangeable between the different trigger group types.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 3:42:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the advice.  It sounds like for educational purposes, I wouldn't be going too far wrong.  I'm assuming it is a DA/SA setup, german made 220 at a pretty good price.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 12:09:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I got a 220 recently. I got a SRT and did a Gray Guns spring change. The trigger seems a lot better, and it's almost identical to a 226 accept the SRT kit comes with a new decocker. If you can get it at a good price I wouldn't hesitate to buy it and tear into it
Link Posted: 4/2/2015 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 1:12:07 AM EDT
[#5]
thanks guys.  going to go for it if I can track this guy down before my cash gets spent on cerakote and rifle parts...

Dave, doing well! Thanks.  They year back home is flying by though.  We'll be moving to Tacoma for a year or 4 around August.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 7:29:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top