Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2015 4:13:54 PM EDT
I had the opportunity to shoot my wife's 938 over the weekend for the first time. And I am wondering why anyone would install a safety on a gun that can only be set "on" when the hammer is down. So your options for the carry gun are to either carry it with no round in the chamber and have to rack a round or option 2, A round in the chamber with it on safety and have to pull the hammer back before you fire.
 Am I the only one that sees a issue? Or am I missing something?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:14:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I had the opportunity to shoot my wife's 938 over the weekend for the first time. And I am wondering why anyone would install a safety on a gun that can only be set "on" when the hammer is down. So your options for the carry gun are to either carry it with no round in the chamber and have to rack a round or option 2, A round in the chamber with it on safety and have to pull the hammer back before you fire.
 Am I the only one that sees a issue? Or am I missing something?
View Quote

The safety should be able to be engaged with the hammer back. If it can't be then the gun is broken.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:00:14 PM EDT
[#2]
The safety on my P938 can be set with the hammer in the cocked position. (cocked and locked). You must have a problem with your weapon.

Link Posted: 3/30/2015 7:45:12 PM EDT
[#3]
The safety on my P938 can be set with the hammer in the cocked position. (cocked and locked).
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:20:32 PM EDT
[#4]
with my 238 the safety simply locks the hammer, so if its back, its locked there, if its down, its locked there. I would imagine the 938 is the same.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 7:38:42 AM EDT
[#5]
mine works with the hammer back or down
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 3:47:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the help everyone, I stopped at a local shop today and as everyone stated it looks like there is a problem with the gun. I will be taking it apart tonight and if that doesn't fix it I will be calling Sig in the am. I will let you know what I find.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The safety on my P938 can be set with the hammer in the cocked position. (cocked and locked). You must have a problem with your weapon.

<a href="http://postimg.org/image/6tk1enzhl/full/" target="_blank">http://s12.postimg.org/51r2jrg4t/Sig_938_4.jpg</a>
View Quote

+1

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:36:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:23:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Got the gun back from Sig today, Great service 8 days total. They found that the sear pin was bent and replaced it, It works great now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top