Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2015 10:22:35 PM EDT
First of all, this is a good shooter for it's size, way better than I had expected a compact could be. This is also my second Sig purchase, I'm really starting to like what Sig offers.

Pro's:

Way more accurate than I was going to expect it to be. Lighter weight than my usual EDC, which is my VP9. Excellent grip, a well placed ambi slide stop/release. The trigger has a very short creep, great pull, and no pinching whatsoever.

Con's:

When fully loaded it feel's slightly off balance, but with time I think I can get used to that. But my main complaint is the take down lever, there's a lip there that is driving me nuts and is having an effect of pulling my thumb up with the gun while it recoils and negating any muzzle control I had. I'll illustrate what I'm talking about with two photos:

I really think that this can be my new EDC if I can get that darn lip grounded off.

Size comparison with my current standard EDC that I now judge others by:

Thoughts? Any other experiences with the 320C you'd like to share or discuss about?
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:10:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd agree with you.  Similar sentiments to mine.  However, I don't have the issue with the take down lever so much since I'm left handed.  

Gun shoots well, is very accurate and has been very reliable.  It fits very well in the hands.  However, I have to consciously shift my shooting hand thumb because I tend to hit the slide stop with my normal grip.  Never had an issue with that on the glock or M&P.  I'm still getting used to the gun though, as I've only had it for 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:02:57 AM EDT
[#2]
"I really think that this can be my new EDC if I can get that darn lip grounded off."

There is talk that either Sig or Gray Guns will be offering a slim takedown lever in the future.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 7:17:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"I really think that this can be my new EDC if I can get that darn lip grounded off."

There is talk that either Sig or Gray Guns will be offering a slim takedown lever in the future.
View Quote
Do you have a link to these discussions?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:57:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't have a link, but the discussions were on the Sigforum a while back.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:13:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't have the compact, but I do have the full size. I just ordered the leatherwing holster from Black Point tactical. Also ordered the double mag pouch to go with it. They actually cater the holsters to the gun and they don't use P250 guns to make the holster.

That said, I haven't had any problems with the take down lever protruding. Is it just an aesthetic thing for you or does it actually get in the way of your controls.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the 320C in 9mm and love it. I love the Sig ergos and I really shoot he gun well. It's my favorite handgun to shoot and has become my EDC gun. It has been completely reliable and amazingly accurate. I sold my Glock 23 and prefer it over my 226's.

Since I sold my Glock 23, I bought the 40 S&W conversion kit and a small grip frame. I have only shot the 40 with the small grip frame, but I must say the 40 recoil seems WAY out of proportion to any other 40 I've shot. I need to try it with the original medium grip frame to see if it helps. The 9mm recoil seems comparable to the Glock 19, so I would have figured the 40 conversion would have been similar in recoil to my Glock 23.

Eta: I shot the 40 conversion yesterday with the medium grip frame and it was MUCH more comfortable. The recoil was similar to my Glock 23. I can't believe the different grip frames made that much difference in felt recoil.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 5:41:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Sig P320 Compact Med in 9mm that will be here Monday.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Sig does in shooting and carrying.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top