Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2015 7:29:42 PM EDT
Picked up a brand new P229 DAK with night sights in .40 yesterday for $800. How'd I do? I love how smooth and light the DAK is.

Link Posted: 3/23/2015 12:20:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Hmm, looks like a couple I've seen listed as DHS contract over-runs.  

I think you did very well
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 5:57:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

I think this might be a DHS overrun. My dealer said he got 4 of them from SIG recently. That'd be sweet if it was.

Loving the DAK trigger so far.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Very nice.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 9:06:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I think this might be a DHS overrun. My dealer said he got 4 of them from SIG recently. That'd be sweet if it was.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DAK seems to be really misunderstood, I'm glad you're giving it a fair shake as it's really a nice system.

Did it come in a smaller black box with (2) mags, a grip removal tool and night sights?  If so, I'd wager it's an overrun.  I've only seen that slide on overrun pistols although my experience only involves two pistols personally and yours but I've searched online for other examples and haven't been able to find any others.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 12:09:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Did DHS start ordering them with E2 grips recently? Granted my sample size is small but I haven't seen any in the CG yet.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 12:17:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

DAK seems to be really misunderstood, I'm glad you're giving it a fair shake as it's really a nice system.

Did it come in a smaller black box with (2) mags, a grip removal tool and night sights?  If so, I'd wager it's an overrun.  I've only seen that slide on overrun pistols although my experience only involves two pistols personally and yours but I've searched online for other examples and haven't been able to find any others.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup. Came in small black box with 2 mags and night sights, however, minus the grip removal tool.

The DAK trigger really interested me, and I'm glad I gave it a fair shot. It's extremely smooth, and I understand the first reset is only to keep people from short stroking the trigger. From what I understand, SIG teaches to shoot by using the full reset, to get the 6.5 pound pull.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 12:26:06 PM EDT
[#7]
That is our duty pistol for my department. The trigger is okay, and it should smooth out over time. Overall I like it, but I recommend putting in the range time to get a feel for the trigger and the two reset points.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 3:12:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Did DHS start ordering them with E2 grips recently? Granted my sample size is small but I haven't seen any in the CG yet.
View Quote

The two I'm familiar with were ordered from a wholesaler a year or better ago on close-out but NIB and were listed as overruns.  Maybe DHS just wanted to be sure they had plenty of extras to stockpile and haven't gotten to spreading them around.

This is pa's which is one of the two mentioned:

I carry a 9mm 226R DAK on-duty and am trying to convince myself to pay $60 for the E2 conversion at Top Gun.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:19:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a 229 Dak with night sites its a Gov, 229 it also has a etched bar code on the slide. Its a 9MM.  I had it about 6 years
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 7:20:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuckin' A I want a 229 so bad

Congrats OP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top