Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2015 11:27:04 PM EDT
...has anyone had to alter their grip at all because of the slide lock? I'm wondering if I have to change my grip to avoid touching it. It seems my right thumb keeps hitting the slide lock and is keeping the slide from locking back on the last round. I'm wondering if this is a common thing experienced by people new to shooting this gun? It happened on my first mag through the gun, tried firing a mag one handed and it locked back fine, tried firing two-handed again, and once more the slide didn't lock back after the last shot, so I'm pretty sure my thumb is hitting the slide lock and it isn't something else...

Other than that though, man what a gun--this thing has the smoothest double action pull I think I've ever seen.

Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:06:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a 2022 and 2340 and haven't had that issue. Unless I'm subconsciously changing my grip it doesn't feel like I'm gripping it any different than my glock 23 .
If I may ask what other handguns have you fired/trained with ?
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:12:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Happens to me with all Sig models. Unfortunate side effect of having man size hands.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:26:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a 2022 and 2340 and haven't had that issue. Unless I'm subconsciously changing my grip it doesn't feel like I'm gripping it any different than my glock 23 .
If I may ask what other handguns have you fired/trained with ?
View Quote

Glock 17, Beretta M9/92, and SIG P229 mostly, some other guns here and there (such as 1911). Never had the issue with the P229 to the best of my knowledge, nor with the other two.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 12:01:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I had this problem years ago when I first switched to thumbs-forward on my P226.  There's a good picture in the Handgun/General forum in a VP9 thread showing a P226 with a modified thumbs-forward grip.  Basically, I just move my rear thumb over my left hand a little, and it solves the whole issue.  I don't think there's any noticeable functional disadvantage using this grip, and it works for everything.
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I did not have that problem when I had my SP2022
Link Posted: 3/16/2015 11:05:49 PM EDT
[#6]
This will sound odd , but if grip it like the m9 you should be good. Especially if you've ever had slide bite.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 9:58:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Simple solution to the problem: shoot left handed.

I do it and never have this issue.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 6:18:08 AM EDT
[#8]
It's the only problem with my SP2022. My solution is to buy another slide stop and shave off the steps.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 9:20:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I had this problem years ago when I first switched to thumbs-forward on my P226.  There's a good picture in the Handgun/General forum in a VP9 thread showing a P226 with a modified thumbs-forward grip.  Basically, I just move my rear thumb over my left hand a little, and it solves the whole issue.  I don't think there's any noticeable functional disadvantage using this grip, and it works for everything.
View Quote

I saw that thread and the picture, thank you for showing me that. I'm going to give it a try.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 3:23:27 AM EDT
[#10]
I just got a sig 2340, which is the same as the 2022 but has a proprietary rail.  I had this same issue.  I was used to my m&p with a manual safety.  My shooting style that I was trained on was the thumbs forward with my right thumb riding on top of the manual safety.  I had to consously make myself keep my thumbs down when shooting the sig.  I also ran into the same problem with my LC9s, it's so short that if I keep my thumbs on top of the manual safety the tip of my right thumb will just barely bump the slide release and cause it not to lock back when empty.  Gonna have to retrain myself to shoot with a new grip.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Experienced the same thing, which was part of what drove me to sell it. The DA trigger was legit though.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 8:44:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Experienced the same thing, which was part of what drove me to sell it. The DA trigger was legit though.
View Quote

It's something I'm going to have to work around, but I don't think all by itself that will cause me to sell it down the road. I'm fairly impressed by the DA trigger. Night and day between 2022 and Beretta 92 for sure.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:55:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top