Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2015 5:23:35 PM EDT
I posted this on SIG Talk but thought I would post here as well for all you SIG fans.  About 4 months ago I got a P938 (Scorpion model) and liked it so much I picked up another 938 but this time the Nightmare model.  Rather then carry a spare mag because after all a spare mag is useless if your weapon goes down, I thought I would just carry a spare P938.  I had Carl at Exodus Gunleather make what he calls the "Wicked Double" which is basically a "New York Reload" holster.  He made it out of Horse Hide and added Beaver Tail trim to keep the mouth of the holster open for easier "re-holstering".  Since the holster to body contact points are at 5:00 & 7:00 due to the channel running down the center of the holster there is no pressure or even contact on the spine.  The weight of two P938's is about the same as a full size 1911 which I sometimes CCW so weight is not an issue for me.  Carl's craftsmanship and attention to detail is second to none and his prices for custom holsters are great also.

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:38:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the idea but im concerend it prints, like you have wings under your jacket.  

Is it painfully obvious to others (that would know what to look for) that you are carrying double?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:09:54 AM EDT
[#2]
With my build it does not print at all.  I am much wider at the waist then the total width of the two grip frames and I do not wear form fitting shirts.  If I know what to look for and can't see them in a mirror nobody else will see them.  Choice of shirts is probably he most important factor.  I have been in gun shops CCW'ng a Ruger Alaskan and challenged a couple friends that work there to tell me where my Alaskan was hidden. Neither could do it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you intend to "crossdraw" your New York Reload with your non-dominant hand?

Have you ever seen the movie "Face/Off" with Nicholas Cage?
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

No I cross-draw my New York Reload Holster made for my pair of 2.5" Colt Pythons because I wear it on my strong side hip.  With this holster I wear it directly in back.  Left hand draws left 938 and right hand draws right 938.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:28:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

No I cross-draw my New York Reload Holster made for my pair of 2.5" Colt Pythons because I wear it on my strong side hip.  With this holster I wear it directly in back.  Left hand draws left 938 and right hand draws right 938.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ahhh...so you have seen Face/Off!

I typically like the idea of a New York Reload, although I modify it by carrying a back up gun that is smaller than my primary.  I've also grown really fond of pocket carry for my BUG.  It allows me to have my hand actually on a gun anytime I feel it may be prudent, that split second of advantage could be all I need.  It is a very fast way to get a pistol into action will some practice.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:32:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Have you ever had issues with grabbing too much of your shirt when you go to get a grip and draw the pistol?

That is my main hesitation with SOB carry like the holster you have.  See, with a standard strong side draw from a conventional FBI or straight cant holster your thumb is the only digit going between clothing and gun.  With your method, you have four digits trying to navigate through clothing to get to your gun.  Is my concern substantially founded, in your opinion?
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 9:59:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Looks like something Tattoo from the Love Boat would wear.

Now, Ricardo Montalbán would be proud of a rig like this:

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:48:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I typically like the idea of a New York Reload, although I modify it by carrying a back up gun that is smaller than my primary.  I've also grown really fond of pocket carry for my BUG.  It allows me to have my hand actually on a gun anytime I feel it may be prudent, that split second of advantage could be all I need.  It is a very fast way to get a pistol into action will some practice.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sometimes I like to carry my BUG in a front pocket as well.  That is why I am having Carl at Exodus make me a traditional SOB holster for only one P938 and I have a pocket holster for the other 938.  The holster is being made of horse hide and will have full coverage dark green Bullfrog Skin which should look spectacular with the FDE colored Scorpion P938.  I like to have many options for CCW.  That's why I have a drawer full of holsters for various handguns.  The only thing that doesn't like all those options is my wallet.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:14:37 PM EDT
[#9]
That setup is too cool. Pics in action?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top