Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/21/2015 7:37:51 PM EDT
http://www.shootingtimes.com/handguns/1911s/sig-sauer-1911-traditional-match-elite-review/
I have one of these coming my way. :Looking for any user input. Good 9mm mags. I'd like a fiber optic front sight. Looks like I need a .204 height. Didn't see anything on the Dawson website. Novak cut?
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:03:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Nothing huh?
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 3:31:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't even know they made these. It looks cool, and I bet it will be great.

I am still waiting for the .357 Sig Nightmare 1911.

It's been a nightmare waiting, get it?
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 8:01:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Ha nice! Yeah it seems like nobody is aware of this model in 9mm.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:41:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 10:56:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice.  I pick up a standard Sig 1911 in 45 tomorrow.  Is it a ramped barrel?  Let us know how reliably the slide locks open on the last shot.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:59:36 AM EDT
[#6]
It is a ramped barrel. I'll be shooting it today, so I'll let you know.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:42:01 PM EDT
[#7]
How did it go?  I'll spare pictures because mine is just a standard 45 caliber XO model, but mine had one hang-up on the initial magazine due to the cartridge rim catching the bump on the Checkmate follower.  After that first magazine's last round it went through 90+ more rounds without a hick-up.  I guess that one follower just had to get the finish scrapped off of itself and have the bump rounded by a few cases.  The gun was more accurate than I could shoot it.  

I am really impressed for a $700 gun.  I definitely prefer a made in the USA gun with a 30LPI front strap over saving $200 on a RIA.

If this 9mm is half as good I may have to get one.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How did it go?  I'll spare pictures because mine is just a standard 45 caliber XO model, but mine had one hang-up on the initial magazine due to the cartridge rim catching the bump on the Checkmate follower.  After that first magazine's last round it went through 90+ more rounds without a hick-up.  I guess that one follower just had to get the finish scrapped off of itself and have the bump rounded by a few cases.  The gun was more accurate than I could shoot it.  

I am really impressed for a $700 gun.  I definitely prefer a made in the USA gun with a 30LPI front strap over saving $200 on a RIA.

If this 9mm is half as good I may have to get one.
View Quote
Very clean fit and finish, and tight tolerances. Shot about 60 rounds of fmj and 20 rounds of HP without issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top