Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2015 9:29:40 PM EDT
Hey All,

I posted up something similar on the suppressor side of the house but didn't get any respons.  I imagine most aren't familiar with the p239.  
I have the 357/40 version (beefier slide) and want to purchase an aftermarket threaded 9mm barrel to use with a suppressor.
Sig doesn't make a factory 9mm or 40 barrel that's threaded.  The 9mm TB they do make is only for the "stock" 9mm slide (not 357/40).
My question, has anyone done that conversion successfully?  Any reason to go to a 40cal TB rather than the 9?

I will be using an Octane 45HD can.

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 8:15:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I did an after market 9mm barrel for my 229 .40.  Went with a EFK Fire dragon(name maybe a little off). It was not a drop in like their web page said it was. I also had to wait a few months for it and almost was at the point of cancelling the order when they finally sent it.

Once I had it fitted by a smith, it has worked just fine. However, I have only used it a couple of times and I do not have a lot of rounds though it. I have read positive reviews done by other people. If I was going to buy another one, I would only use them if I could not get what I wanted from somebody else. Just my opinion.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 1:25:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the feedback.  That's pretty much what I've heard as well. So far I'm not familiar with anyone else making an aftermarket barrel for the 239.
I'll probably end up ordering one up and see how it does.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#3]
For the P239 ONLY - you do not have to use a 'conversion' barrel..   Someone on here or the Sig forum did the measurements and the standard mfg barrel will work (as always you cant go up: 9mm to 40/357, but can go down from 40/357 to a 9mm)

Brian
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 9:31:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting, where did you get this info?  My buddy has the p239 in 9mm. I'll have to try his "stock" barrel for fit.
Do you have personal experience in this?  
I know the 239 slide in 357/40's barrel is a bit wider than the 9mm slide but as you pointed out, maybe the inside is the same size.

Link Posted: 3/15/2015 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I’m not saying you should or could but I’m doing this and it seems to work fine.  I’ve got several hundred rounds through a factory standard length 9mm barrel and a factory threaded 9mm barrel and so far it’s been flawless with both, using factory ammo.  I have had a few light strikes with my reloads but I think that’s my fault (testing continues).  I’m using a SIG P239/40 that I bought used a couple of months ago.  The ONLY thing I change is the barrel.  I’m loading 9mm ammo into the 40 S&W mags and feeding, extraction and ejection have been perfect.  I’m using my AAC Evo-9 with it when suppressed.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 12:30:05 PM EDT
[#6]
That's reasuring to hear. I may have to go that route then rather than an aftermarket EFK barrel.  
How does the 239 perform as a host?  
I'll be using an Octane 45HD once I get it from lockup.
Link Posted: 3/15/2015 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's reasuring to hear. I may have to go that route then rather than an aftermarket EFK barrel.  
How does the 239 perform as a host?  
I'll be using an Octane 45HD once I get it from lockup.
View Quote

If you like the pistol you'll like it as a host.  It's reliable, balances better then most and doesn't throw a lot of crap back at you.  At least that's all true with my Evo.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 11:02:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info.  I ordered a threaded 9mm barrel and just submitted my e-form 1 for a 9mm supporessor.  
Should be about 2 months and I'll be able to test it out.  
Can't wait to compare it to my Octane 45HD once that's approved as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top