Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2015 1:25:08 PM EDT
my Glock 19 gen4 w/ Trijicon sights, 1825 rounds down the pipe +$200.00

for

Sig p226r SCT w/ E2 kit installed, SRT installed, 4 20 round mags, 4 15 round mags, 1200 rounds down the pipe

Good trade?

In my brief time with it thus far I definitely will be going back to the larger grips.  Will also take some trigger time to get used to the DA pull as I was visibly pulling left just dry firing it.  Otherwise seems like a squared away kit.  Came with a 2007 catalog so I'll assume that was the year of manufacture.  Any other way to tell?  Also came with a full load of Safariland items that I've decided aren't useful for me at this time as I'll be running a light.  Still pondering if I like the Galco holsters despite them not being light compatible.

If it is a 2007 pistol it's very clean and looks really good for its age.  So how'd I do?

" />
" />
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 1:36:54 PM EDT
[#1]
i think so.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 2:07:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Good!  I already did the trade and started thinking this morning that I should have done more due diligence prior to, but it's all water under the bridge now! lol.  Sig should be at my ffl today, looking forward to it as it's my first sig.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 8:24:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good!  I already did the trade and started thinking this morning that I should have done more due diligence prior to, but it's all water under the bridge now! lol.  Sig should be at my ffl today, looking forward to it as it's my first sig.
View Quote

I would have also made that trade in your position.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I have both pistols, I'd say cash wise you're coming out ahead with that trade. I paid $550 new for my G19 gen4 last year, so used they're probably $450 outright. Cost of trijicon sights is close to cost of SRT.  I just bought a used P226R w/nightsights, SRT and factory cerakote for $800. G19 is a great pistol for carry and IMHO the best Glock out there but overall the Sig is more fun to shoot with a much better trigger.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 2:07:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have both pistols, I'd say cash wise you're coming out ahead with that trade. I paid $550 new for my G19 gen4 last year, so used they're probably $450 outright. Cost of trijicon sights is close to cost of SRT.  I just bought a used P226R w/nightsights, SRT and factory cerakote for $800. G19 is a great pistol for carry and IMHO the best Glock out there but overall the Sig is more fun to shoot with a much better trigger.
View Quote

My daily carry is a gen4 g17 (w/ tlr1s) - a full size gun for sure, interchanged with the g19 before this deal came up and for a long while a gov't 1911.  Given my usual attire I don't have a problem concealing large pistols so the sig shouldn't be too much of a problem if I go that route after some trigger time with it.  I'm looking forward to picking it up and shooting it.  My ffl was closed yesterday so hopefully I can grab it today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top