Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2015 10:39:35 PM EDT
Went to a gunshow today and picked up this beauty. I really wanted to get a P228, but this looked really nice and I couldn't say no. I probably paid a bit too much at $690, but like I said, I always wanted one. Anyways, it came with two 10 rd mags and two 15 rd mags with baseplates. Correct me if I am wrong, but this pistol has the older p229 frame more like a p228 right? So it can only use p228 mags and not the new p229 ones? Manufacture date is March 2009. Here are the pics:

Link Posted: 1/24/2015 11:02:29 PM EDT
[#1]
very nice!
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:13:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:27:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, nice pistol at a very good price.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Great looking pistol. I think the classic P229 slide looks the best. Great find! I've always wanted one.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:09:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Can't wait to go shoot it! Wanted to get out today but didn't get a chance. I wonder if I'll be able to sell the 10 rounders and pick up some 15 round mags.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:44:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Won't be you're last sig
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:49:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I already am thinking about a few upgrades. I love how it feels now, but with my birthday coming up, my girlfriend doesn't know what to get me. I figure I might try mentioning the e2 grip kit and srt kit. What do you all think about these upgrades? So far I have heard great reviews on both.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:11:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I already am thinking about a few upgrades. I love how it feels now, but with my birthday coming up, my girlfriend doesn't know what to get me. I figure I might try mentioning the e2 grip kit and srt kit. What do you all think about these upgrades? So far I have heard great reviews on both.
View Quote

SRT is a must have it really makes a good pistol great. I hate the E2 grips but its really personal preference.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:01:37 AM EDT
[#9]
SRT is a must have it really makes a good pistol great. I hate the E2 grips but its really personal preference.
View Quote

I'll +1 this, I've had a P220 with stock trigger for years, always thought it was great til I recently picked up a P226 w/SRT, side by side they are night and day. Now I see why people spend the $$ to have this done.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:39:27 PM EDT
[#10]
This thing is pretty awesome. It beats my uspc by a long shot with its much better trigger. This USP used to be LEM and the sig beats both imho. Compared to a g19, the sa trigger is better than the striker fired Glock trigger. The grip of the sig beats both I think also.

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:37:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:30:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Can you give us some details of the parts in green? What do you mean by better trigger? Is it crisper, shorter, more reliable, more accurate, safer etc?  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This thing is pretty awesome. It beats my uspc by a long shot with its much better trigger. This USP used to be LEM and the sig beats both imho. Compared to a g19, the sa trigger is better than the striker fired Glock trigger. The grip of the sig beats both I think also.

http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx356/xoldsmugglerx/Mottled/78FDDC22-A0B8-489D-ADCA-24911DE1C850_zpss2yvh1vn.jpg

Can you give us some details of the parts in green? What do you mean by better trigger? Is it crisper, shorter, more reliable, more accurate, safer etc?  

Sorry, I wrote that post in a bit of a hurry on my phone and should have explained a bit better. Obviously comparing the sig with a Glock is somewhat unfair because they are completely different systems, one being DA/SA and one striker. I would say the Sig SA and Glock trigger are fairly similar. The G19 has less takeup, but it is heavier. The Sig has a good amount of takeup, but it is smoother and lighter. The pull on the Glock is heavier and not as crisp as the Sig.

Comparing the USPc and the SIG, the SIG definitely has a better trigger. The USP trigger is very heavy in DA and is not very smooth. The SIG is also heavy, but is a good bit smoother. The difference in the design and material makes a big difference as well. The SIG trigger is shaped so that at the end of the stroke, your trigger finger is being pulled straight back into the frame. With the USP, the shape of the trigger almost makes your finger forced into the lower bottom of the trigger guard at the end of the stroke. The trigger on the USP is polymer that flexes with the heavy DA pull.

As for SA, the SIG and the USPc are fairly similar. The SIG is a hair lighter and has more takeup than the USP. I prefer the SIG SA, but the USP's SA trigger is not bad at all. As I said before, this USP used to be a LEM gun. I changed it over to DA/SA myself. The LEM was not bad, it was kind of like a Glock trigger feel, but with more takeup. I just could not shoot it well for some reason. It's an odd trigger that is somewhat difficult to describe.

The grip on the SIG is superior to both in my opinion. The SIG's grip is a good bit wider which is good and bad at the same time. It makes it a good bit harder to carry, but really makes it feel nicer in the hand. The extra girth helps it mold into your palm nicely. The Glock and USP have frames which are almost the same width of the slides.

Overall, I like the SIG and G19 the best. The G19 is probably a better concealed carry gun due to the size and constantly the same trigger pull, but for anything else, I would want the SIG most likely. The USP has the advantage over the SIG by having the ability to carry single action cocked and locked. They are all great guns and all probably have better applications in certain cases.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top