Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2015 12:39:06 AM EDT
I'm thinking about getting a 9mm P320 Carry. Their website lists the same specs for Carry and Compact except the grip height and mag capacity. Carry is 5.5" height with 17 round capacity and Compact is 5.3" height with 15 round capacity. Does .2" really make up for two rounds? It looks like most sights are mixing compact and carry as the same thing and listing as 15 round for either. Is one of them new on the Sig site and most websites are just mixing it up or am I missing something? I want to get the Carry and change the grip frame for a subcompact (available for the p250 which from what I am reading will work with the P320)
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:54:03 AM EDT
[#1]
SIG recently changed their P320 nomenclature, it's now:
Fullsize = fullsize frame, fullsize slide
Carry = fullsize frame, compact slide (used to be compact frame, compact slide)
Compact = compact frame, compact slide
Subcompact = subcompact frame, subcompact slide.

Sounds like a number of sites are confused about the current names. If you go w/the Compact, you can use its 15rd mags w/a subcompact frame by using X-Grip adapters.
Tomac
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:13:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Interesting. Thanks for clarifying that Tomac. Sounds like there may be some folks buying/ordering online that may not get what exactly they expected though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:57:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Sounds like a number of sites are confused about the current names. If you go w/the Compact, you can use its 15rd mags w/a subcompact frame by using X-Grip adapters.
Tomac
View Quote

Thanks for the clarification. So the carry is a full size frame? According to their site, the frame looks smaller than full size, actually it appears to be the same as the compact except that the grip is .2" longer and holds 2 more rounds.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Thanks for the clarification. So the carry is a full size frame? According to their site, the frame looks smaller than full size, actually it appears to be the same as the compact except that the grip is .2" longer and holds 2 more rounds.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tomac

I would surmise the front of the Carry frame has been bobbed to fit the compact slide but still retain the fullsize height & 17rd mag (when I had my P250's, my fav hybrid was a bobbed compact frame w/a subcompact slide).
Tomac
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:19:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Makes sense. I think I want to go with the Carry and get the subcompact P250 frame for concealment.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm having a hard time finding anywhere that has the carry even. All the sites (that I can think of) lists 15 round capacity regardless of whether they call it the carry or compact. They all seem to use both terms interchangeably. Is the carry even released or available?

Found this link on model numbers for the P320, very helpful.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/11/06/sig-sauer-releases-p320-skus-2015/
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:30:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Go to Sig's website for model number then search...
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:02:35 AM EDT
[#8]
[b]Quoted:[/bGo to Sig's website for model number then search...
View Quote

Unless I'm missing it, they don't list specific model numbers for each configuration for the P320. If I'm wrong, show us where....
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:22:35 PM EDT
[#9]
As far as i can tell, the 320 is only on the evolution site.  It took me three tries to get how cool the page is for the 320.  But! for detailed info it sucks.  Can't tell if different grip panels come with the gun and the sig store doesn't have them either.  Not ready to buy right now anyway as I would like to hold the different grip sizes.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Here you go.

Sig Sauer P320 Product Page

ETA: Click the model you want (Full-size or Carry) and then click the "Specification" tab.  Model numbers are in the first field.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:44:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Here you go.

Sig Sauer P320 Product Page

ETA: Click the model you want (Full-size or Carry) and then click the "Specification" tab.  Model numbers are in the first field.
View Quote

That's outdated information, sig has changed the lineup and now includes full size, carry, compact, and subcompact. I don't believe that page is even on the sig site anymore unless you open it through a Google search. When you click on the P320 model through the sig site homepage, it brings you to the evolution site with the most current lineup.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 7:15:34 PM EDT
[#12]
So what's the best Glock 19 sized alternative?  The Carry or compact?
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 7:23:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 9:55:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Compact. Bought one last week.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So what's the best Glock 19 sized alternative?  The Carry or compact?

Compact. Bought one last week.

That will be my next handgun purchase as well.
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Is the P320 set up like Glocks in the sense that you can buy just 17 round mags and they will fit all 4 models?
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 10:37:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Is the P320 set up like Glocks in the sense that you can buy just 17 round mags and they will fit all 4 models?
View Quote

Yes
Link Posted: 2/2/2015 11:33:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes

Thanks. I'm thinking of buying the compact model and wanted to make sure.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 8:38:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Thanks. I'm thinking of buying the compact model and wanted to make sure.
View Quote

I EDC the P320 Compact and for reloads carry the 17rd mags.
Tomac
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:11:03 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't have much useful to add other than do not hesitate to buy this fucking gun. I have about a dozen handguns and have had a couple dozen others pass through my possession over the years and I am in love with the 320 compact.  I cannot say enough good about it, great trigger, I shoot it accurately as hell. Seriously a fan boy here of it
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 10:39:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks like I'm buying one.  Anyone have a line on a 320 Compact?
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 2:54:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Check Gander Mountain for compacts.  I just put one on layaway and they had 3 at the location I was at
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Looks like I'm buying one.  Anyone have a line on a 320 Compact?
View Quote

Contrast sights $486 shipped: http://grabagun.com/sig-320c9b-320-9mm-strkr-blk-15r.html
Night sights $543 shipped: http://grabagun.com/sig-sauer-p320-carry-9mm-nit-slite-15-1.html
Tomac
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 9:11:49 AM EDT
[#23]
so what exactly are contrast sights?
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 9:30:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
so what exactly are contrast sights?
View Quote

Std non-nightsight white dots.
Tomac
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top