Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2015 2:27:16 PM EDT
Well the reset on my German 228 does anyway
So, I'm getting the SRT kit to help with that. Thought I'd ask, while I'm in there is there any no-brainer stuff I can do to improve the DA?
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I've only shot the P226 and I remember the reset being very nice? Very positive and not so long that I made note of it. It was a friends gun he bought used, but I highly doubt it had any work done. Is the stock reset that bad?

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 5:45:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've only shot the P226 and I remember the reset being very nice? Very positive and not so long that I made note of it. It was a friends gun he bought used, but I highly doubt it had any work done. Is the stock reset that bad?

View Quote

Well, probably not THAT bad but longer than I'm used to

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 6:51:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:  Well the reset on my German 228 does anyway So, I'm getting the SRT kit to help with that. Thought I'd ask, while I'm in there is there any no-brainer stuff I can do to improve the DA?  
View Quote

I've found cocking the hammer helps.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 7:11:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I just put a 19lb hammer spring in one of my 226s, and it made a world of difference.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:04:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I just put a 19lb hammer spring in one of my 226s, and it made a world of difference.
View Quote
interesting. no problems with increased slide velocity?

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 9:07:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll tell you after I shoot it this weekend.  

I expect not though, stock is only 21lbs.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:55:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I am very please with the standard Sig trigger. Perhaps you my be a bit picky
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 9:17:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The hammer spring does not have anything to do with the slide velocity.  The mainspring controls the tension/force necessary to cock the hammer in double action mode.  The slide velocity is managed by the recoil spring.  They are 2 different springs.

The recoil spring is around the guide rod under the barrel.  The hammer mainspring is at the rear of the grip.  Both can replaced with different weight springs.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:06:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Thread title is correct for both Sig pistols and rifles... The exception should be the Sig 1911's. Even Sig shouldn't be able to fuck up a 1911 trigger.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:28:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well the reset on my German 228 does anyway So, I'm getting the SRT kit to help with that. Thought I'd ask, while I'm in there is there any no-brainer stuff I can do to improve the DA?
View Quote

You have owned this P228 for how long and just now decided this about the trigger?

There is nothing wrong with most SIG triggers.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 1:54:53 AM EDT
[#11]
I have replaced my hammer springs with the 19 lbs. hammer springs. It improves the feel and I still have reliability. I will say I like the the short reset trigger much more than the stock trigger reset.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:12:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The hammer spring does not have anything to do with the slide velocity.  The mainspring controls the tension/force necessary to cock the hammer in double action mode.  The slide velocity is managed by the recoil spring.  They are 2 different springs.

The recoil spring is around the guide rod under the barrel.  The hammer mainspring is at the rear of the grip.  Both can replaced with different weight springs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, it does, indirectly.  As the slide moves rearward it pushes the hammer back to cock it.  A heavier hammer spring means more resistance.  This is why you'll often see 1911 shooters who use lighter recoil springs add extra power hammer springs.

I'm not at all worried of any issue with using a 19 vs. 21 lb hammer spring in my P226 though; my post above was mostly tongue in cheek.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Actually, it does, indirectly.  As the slide moves rearward it pushes the hammer back to cock it.  A heavier hammer spring means more resistance.  This is why you'll often see 1911 shooters who use lighter recoil springs add extra power hammer springs.

I'm not at all worried of any issue with using a 19 vs. 21 lb hammer spring in my P226 though; my post above was mostly tongue in cheek.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly. Mainspring (hammer spring) weight greatly impacts unlock time and slide velocity.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top