Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2015 1:58:49 PM EDT
Yesterday I bought a West German P220 45 and it came with 1 Original 7 Round Mag. I found some Original Zipper Back Mags on gunbroker for 50.00 each used.
I'm not sure I want to go that route. Does Anyone know if the Current Manufature Sig Factory Stainless Mags for the 220 will Work ok in the Older West German P220? I have found those for 35.00 New. This probably around My 10th or more P220 My first 220 was the Browning Import BDA in 9mm then I bought one in 45 a few Months later and Hunted Everywere for the 38 Super with no luck. I let a Friend talk Me into selling both of them to Him for 1000.00 that was 25 Years ago.

I have Owned a bunch of P220's and P226's and a couple of 228's since then and 1 P226 MK25 which is the Newest Sig P series Pistol I have Owned. So My familiarity with the Newer P220 is Zero! I don't want the Pro Mags I have already read they have a poor reputation. Any Recomendations or Suggestions are Appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 4:11:38 PM EDT
[#1]
As long as you have the American style magazine release the current magazines will work perfectly.

Top gun has the 8rnd Sig magazines for $39.  I have a dozen of them and never had any problem.  Also occasionally check out the the used magazines on TGS, I picked up some Novak magazines for $20 and they work very well also.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-p220-magazines/

Pictures would be nice.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the Information, it is a 220 American KC 1992 date Code Probably one of the Last Years They were Marked Made In W. Germany I had a Two Tone a couple of Years ago and it was marked Made in Germany. I think it was a 1994 can't remember. I will work on a couple of Pictures it's just a plain ole P220 with dang Houge Grips on it. I was looking on TGS last Night and might try a set of the Factory Thin Grips, it does require that You Replace Mainspring and Mainspring Seat with the Newer Style Parts. Not a Big deal They are fairly Cheap and I will probably get a Repair Kit that has all the Springs and a Couple of other Parts for less than 25.00 I saw the Current Factory Mags for 39.00 I found them for 35.00 somewhere but will have to look again I done Forgot where I saw them lol. It's rough to get Old!
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 8:48:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:05:52 AM EDT
[#4]
That's a good looking Sig pistol there, I'm real partial to the older W. German sigs.

The thin grips from Sig is what I put on mine, they are almost as thin as the newer E2 grips.  

One thing I did change on mine was the hammer, I went to a newer hammer so I could install the rebound spring and block, I didn't care for the hammer resting up against the frame.

I also put an SRT kit in because I like them.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a good looking Sig pistol there, I'm real partial to the older W. German sigs.

The thin grips from Sig is what I put on mine, they are almost as thin as the newer E2 grips.  

One thing I did change on mine was the hammer, I went to a newer hammer so I could install the rebound spring and block, I didn't care for the hammer resting up against the frame.

I also put an SRT kit in because I like them.  
View Quote

Thank You 50-140 I think it's in pretty decent shape but not Perfect. More Important is its nice and tight and doesn't show a lot of Shooting Wear, I did buy it from a Gun Shop He said it was a Trade in so He didn't have much information on it. I paid 575.00 OTD for it which isn't a great Price but not bad either as some Dealers especially at Gun Shows are getting mighty Proud of The West German Sigs.

I appreciate Your info about the SRT Trigger as I am considering it too, I am guessing Your 220 is a West German and the Trigger Kit Works Fine? There isn't much information on Top Gun Supply's website about the Parts and which Models the Parts fit and Work on. I was actually a little surprised to see this one has the Spur Hammer on it, I had a P220 West German 10-12 Years ago that had the rounded Hammer on it but don't remember what Year it was made.

There seems to be some Information out there that is not Accurate on the West German Guns. For example I saw on a Forum Someone Mentioned the last Year of the West German Guns was 1991 since Germany's Reunification was October 3rd 1990 this Gun is a KC Date Code which is 1992 and all Serial Numbers Match! Frame, Slide, and Barrel all have the same Setprial Number. It would be Nice to know exactly what Year Sig Stopped Marking them W. Germany and Started Marking Them made in Germany. The Two Tone I had was a German Marked Gun but like I said in My first post I don't Remeber when it was Made and I No Longer have it.

I don't know why but as I have gotten Older 51 Now I find Myself wanting the P220 I just got a P226 W. German and a P228 W. German I know where a P228 W. German is because I sold it to the Guy 2 Years ago He said recently He would sell it back to Me so all I need to find is a P226 W. German and those are pretty Comon. I had one I bought new in 1989 but sold it in 1995 to Buy a Beretta 92F Boy that was Dumb!

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#6]
If you decide to go with the SRT kit I believe you will have to change out the hammer also, I seem to recall that the new hammer strut doesn't fit with the spur hammer.
I changed mine out at the same time I changed over to the new mainspring, strut and seat, hammer rebound spring and rebound spring block.
ETA  An acquaintance of mine has a 1993 W. German P220, the way is was explained to me was that even though unification happened in '90 they still had a good number of slides and frames already marked that they continued to draw down on until late '93.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:18:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Factory Sig mags are pricey - around $40 each.

You can get 8 round ACT mags for about half that.  I haven't had any problems with those.  If you can find MecGars they are good too.

Both of these places have good prices for mags.  I've used and like them both.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/

http://www.gregcotellc.com

Top Gun Supply - Sig factory 8 rd mag - $39.95

Greg Cote - ACT mag 8rd blue $20.95
Greg Cote - ACT mag 8rd stainless $22.95
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you decide to go with the SRT kit I believe you will have to change out the hammer also, I seem to recall that the new hammer strut doesn't fit with the spur hammer.

I changed mine out at the same time I changed over to the new mainspring, strut and seat, hammer rebound spring and rebound spring block.

ETA  An acquaintance of mine has a 1993 W. German P220, the way is was explained to me was that even though unification happened in '90 they still had a good number of slides and frames already marked that they continued to draw down on until late '93.

View Quote

Thanks for thr Great Info 50-140 now I am wondering if this one got a Spur Hammer as part of some leftover Parts JP Sauer had left over as that is who was building the W.German Sig Pistols back in the Day. I am pretty sure I had a P220 American that had the Rounded Hammer that was a 1991 MFG? I have had so many I just don't remember I know in 1998 when My Wife and I divorced I had 2 P220 Americans 1 with a Spur Hammer and 1 with the Rounded Hammer. I really don't have a Preference on the Hammer other than it makes Mine look Older than a 1992 .
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 5:41:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Factory Sig mags are pricey - around $40 each.

You can get 8 round ACT mags for about half that.  I haven't had any problems with those.  If you can find MecGars they are good too.

Both of these places have good prices for mags.  I've used and like them both.

http://www.topgunsupply.com/

http://www.gregcotellc.com

Top Gun Supply - Sig factory 8 rd mag - $39.95

Greg Cote - ACT mag 8rd blue $20.95
Greg Cote - ACT mag 8rd stainless $22.95
View Quote

Tax Monster,

Thank You,
I looked the ACT's up I will probably buy a couple of the Factory Mags which I believe are made by Mec Gar, and a Couple of the ACT Mags and see which ones I like best.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top