Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/22/2015 9:12:51 AM EDT
Looking at their website, I noticed no more Elite Dark models for any of the product lines?
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:22:24 PM EDT
[#1]
think of it like costco. if there is something that sells good they get rid of it.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 3:34:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Apparently they are dropping a few others too.
SIG drops a few models

Link Posted: 1/22/2015 4:54:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Now I'm really glad I got one.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 8:03:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:09:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
so according to that link the 716 rifle did not sell very much

Interesting
View Quote

I'm glad you guys are checking out our blog.  The SIG 716 actually does sell pretty well.  SIG is making a 716 Gen2 so you will part numbers starting with R716- get phased out in favor of similar models with part numbers starting with R716G2-.  The biggest improvement will be a new lighter rail system.  The current 716 quad rails are heavy and in my opinion are a bit dated so this will be a welcome change.  Other small bits and pieces may also change, but the rail will probably be what people notice first.

I think there were so many variations of the P22x that they were trying to shorten the list of part numbers a bit, especially since they have been coming out with new models such as the P226 Engraved.  I would personally rather see the Tribal model go before the Dark Elite.  From our experience the Tribal models don't sell as well as the Dark Elite and I don't care of the look, but that's not our call.  Hopefully this cleared some things up.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 11:49:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Sig goes through a lot of models, look at their discontinued page on their site....

I guess it keeps things fresh.   Kimber sort of pioneered this approach of a bazillion SKUs...

However, I sort of miss the good ole days.    If you wanted a P220, there was one model of P220, lol...    I remember the old S&W catalog & poster, you could fit all the models on one poster.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Now I'm really glad I got one.
View Quote

Me to.  Should have it in hand within a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:05:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'm glad you guys are checking out our blog.  The SIG 716 actually does sell pretty well.  SIG is making a 716 Gen2 so you will part numbers starting with R716- get phased out in favor of similar models with part numbers starting with R716G2-.  The biggest improvement will be a new lighter rail system.  The current 716 quad rails are heavy and in my opinion are a bit dated so this will be a welcome change.  Other small bits and pieces may also change, but the rail will probably be what people notice first.

I think there were so many variations of the P22x that they were trying to shorten the list of part numbers a bit, especially since they have been coming out with new models such as the P226 Engraved.  I would personally rather see the Tribal model go before the Dark Elite.  From our experience the Tribal models don't sell as well as the Dark Elite and I don't care of the look, but that's not our call.  Hopefully this cleared some things up.

Cheers!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
so according to that link the 716 rifle did not sell very much

Interesting

Cheers!

Curious to see how Sigs new MTP policy will affect your business.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 6:17:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I am guessing part of the reason they dropped the Dark Elite (vs. other models) is because of problems with the proprietary adjustable sights. they would get loose. and they couldn't be replaced because they used an oversized dovetail cut.

if you want one Summit Gun Broker has several models at good prices
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top