Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2014 10:55:35 PM EDT
Can't find one online.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:10:55 AM EDT
[#1]
All of the German Mastershop SIGs have been disappearing off the shelves since it was announced that SIG was bringing all production to the United States due to a German Court ruling that forbids SIG from importing any more firearms into this country.

Apparently, the US Government bought a lot of SIG handguns and transferred them to an agency of a foreign country in contradiction to German Law.

As part of their transference of production to the US, SIG has brought over machinery and Mastershop gunsmiths from Germany and I'm sure that the new guns will be up to snuff.

The German X-Five Classics are still out there though, they are just getting harder to find.

If you are serious in looking for one you can call Shoot Straight in Florida.

The West Palm Beach Store where I shoot 2-3 times a week, had a lightly used X-Five Target model in their showcase and  their other 7 stores may have a few as well.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 4:45:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Shoot Straight in Florida on 301 in Tampa has six of them also the Clearwater store has six..........
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm leaning more and more toward the X5 Entry. Buy it and then add bits as I go along.
Link Posted: 12/18/2014 11:26:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm leaning more and more toward the X5 Entry. Buy it and then add bits as I go along.
View Quote

I strongly recommend that you buy a Classic from the getgo; the adjustable L1 trigger alone is worth the difference in price and it will cost you an arm and a leg to have one retrofitted......IF you can ever get your hands on the parts.

Then there's the adjustable sights as well.

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 6:34:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I strongly recommend that you buy a Classic from the getgo; the adjustable L1 trigger alone is worth the difference in price and it will cost you an arm and a leg to have one retrofitted......IF you can ever get your hands on the parts.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roger that. I'll do so!
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:18:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Roger that. I'll do so!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roger that. I'll do so!

I went to the gunshow this morning and had the opportunity to examine a Classic and Entry side by side at the Shoot Straight Tables and as I have heard, the Entry has MIM parts as well.

The magazine release, the takedown lever, and some internals; unlike the other X-Five Models..... all MIM on the entry.

I'm not one of those people who have a knee jerk aversion to MIM, but its presence is another reason for the lower cost of the Entry.

ETA: the Entry also lacks the X-Five recoil damping system.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 1:38:35 AM EDT
[#8]

This thread needs some art.
How's my old X5L1 do?

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 2:43:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s32.photobucket.com/user/drshame/media/SigShoot_zpsac2e4519.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d13/drshame/SigShoot_zpsac2e4519.jpg</a>

This thread needs some art.
How's my old X5L1 do?

<a href="http://s32.photobucket.com/user/drshame/media/SigX5L1_zps72edbc86.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d13/drshame/SigX5L1_zps72edbc86.jpg</a>
View Quote

Very nice.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#10]
topgunsupply.com may have one.

Also, budsgunshop.com has a few used models on their website which I believe are .40's.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 9:23:40 PM EDT
[#11]

'Export ban' for arms maker SIG Sauer over Colombia guns

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-28291070

SIG is supposedly setting up production in Switzerland as well as in the U.S.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 10:36:33 PM EDT
[#12]
There is a guy on Texasguntrader who has one with a threaded barrel for $1500 in Austin.

I don't have the cash yet , but if anyone else was looking. There ya go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top