Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2014 10:11:47 PM EDT
I want to get the SRT parts for my incoming 226.

Don't need the different trigger, just the internal parts. Isthis what I need to order?

I've built  AR's and can completely strip  down a 1911 - so do I have the ability to swap these in?
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 10:19:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I have that exact, 2 piece kit, and a mk25 to install.
couple of easy to follow you tube video instructions out there.

have not installed mine yet.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 10:22:36 PM EDT
[#2]
That is what I ordered from top gun for my 226 and my 227.  It was simple to install.
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 10:34:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes....And thanks for bringing this up....it pushed me over the edge and I just ordered one....been putting it off for too long...
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 11:53:52 PM EDT
[#4]
All the SRT kits are the same, some with extra 3rd part for some models.

Stupid easy to install

Example - i put a 220 kit in my 226 because it was the only in stock, just came with a 220 decocker that i dont need
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 1:05:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Isthis what I need to order?

do I have the ability to swap these in?
View Quote

Yes & Yes.

Long story short -- you're going to need eye protection, a screw driver if you want to remove the grips (not necessary but helpful), a pin punch, and something** to push down on the sear spring to get it out from  under, and back under the pin that holds the sear spring in place.  

**The ideal inexpensive tool for this is to take a cheap small flat head screw driver and dremel a little notch into the tip of the blade.  This will be useful in all future SIG strip-downs-to-the-frame.

Once you use your tool to release the tension on the sear spring, you use the pin punch to push out the pin holding the ejector, sear, sear spring, and safety lever.  Then simply set aside the old sear and safety, and replace with the new sear and safety lever.  Reinstall as they were.

There are numerous YouTube vids on the subject as previously mentioned, but if you have questions, just ask....I've done a number of these.  It takes longer to watch the videos than it does to do it.

Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:53:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Parts ordered.

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:22:21 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

**The ideal inexpensive tool for this is to take a cheap small flat head screw driver and dremel a little notch into the tip of the blade.  This will be useful in all future SIG strip-downs-to-the-frame.

View Quote

OP, this is one of the easier upgrades. Pull up a YouTube tutorial, watch it once all the way through, and then watch it step by step as you're doing it.

The tip Hollywood gave about the altered screw driver is a good one, but I've used all kinds of implements to hold the spring down - I think the last time I just used my fingernail.

Also, I believe the videos will show it, putting the pieces on as you insert the roll pin little by little helps - but it puts tension on the roll pin and can make it hard to get it fully inserted. I also recall having one or two pieces not wanting to go in easily (may have been in another trigger job), but just keep messing with it and it will work. Definitely take the grips off.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 6:43:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

OP, this is one of the easier upgrades. Pull up a YouTube tutorial, watch it once all the way through, and then watch it step by step as you're doing it.

The tip Hollywood gave about the altered screw driver is a good one, but I've used all kinds of implements to hold the spring down - I think the last time I just used my fingernail.

Also, I believe the videos will show it, putting the pieces on as you insert the roll pin little by little helps - but it puts tension on the roll pin and can make it hard to get it fully inserted. I also recall having one or two pieces not wanting to go in easily (may have been in another trigger job), but just keep messing with it and it will work. Definitely take the grips off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'd take the grips off if for no better reason than its a great time to do a detailed cleaning.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:07:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I installed one on my P227 with the grips on. It would have taken longer
to take the E2 grips off and put back on then to install the parts.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:03:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Very easy on the double stack guns, a little tricky on the single stack guns because of the skinny frames.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top