Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2014 8:57:11 PM EDT
I made the mistake of stopping by a local gun shop with some $$$ in my pocket after selling a rifle locally.  I didn't "intend" on buying anything, but being a SIG geek, I ran across something I hadn't seen before…. and it followed me home.

I observed an an old W.German P220 in the original grey cardboard box under the counter with consignment ticket on it. The gun looked unfired, the second mag was still in the wrap.  It had the American mag catch, bonus!  The price was right, so I asked to see it.  

I drop the mag… what the heck?   Was this a .38 Super???  Checked the floor plate, it was marked .38 Super and 9mm Para.  I then looked at the barrel, it was also marked 9mm Para.  I removed the slide and barrel (with permission of course).  The barrel is also German proofed and stamped SIG SAUER.  The serial number matches on the frame and slide, G23194X.  Date coded KE, dates to 1994. The frame is cleanly marked PW Arms Redmond, WA.

The P220's serial number matches the box, and includes the manual, and the bag that gun came wrapped in.

It is a beautiful gun… I really want to shoot it, I imagine that a P220 chambered in 9mm would be fun to shoot.  I have always preferred the ergonomics of the P220 over the P226.  That being said, the gun is definitely unfired.  Does this gun have value as a collector price?  I have only seen one P220 in 9mm, and it had the European mag release.  As stated before, this P220 has an American magazine release.  If this gun is collectable, and a P220 in 9mm w/ American mag release exists, I need to find a shooter!  

Input is appreciated.  I imagine that there are some fellow SIG geeks who want to see some pix… I will post them shortly.  

Thank you!

COUPLE QUICK PIX:

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#1]
That's an awesome find.  I'm thinking the mags for the American release are probably worth a ton of money...  And the Pistol is probably worth collecting as well.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:16:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats on the find, I think you have a very unusual piece there.  Here is a recent one that sold on Gunbroker for $899, seems like yours in better condition.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=445880429

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Cha Ching and awesome score.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:44:53 PM EDT
[#4]

I posted a couple quick pix above.  i will post more later when I have better light.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 9:55:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congrats on the find, I think you have a very unusual piece there.  Here is a recent one that sold on Gunbroker for $899, seems like yours in better condition.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=445880429

View Quote

Wow…  cool.  The serial number is within 10 of the example posted in your link.  I wonder how many of these examples are out there?
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 10:06:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I have 3 of the euro mag releases but always wanted the American release.  Lucky!!!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 12:01:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Couple more pix.

Link Posted: 12/14/2014 12:10:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Wow

Mind telling us how much you paid for it?
Link Posted: 12/14/2014 4:17:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wow

Mind telling us how much you paid for it?
View Quote

I paid less for my P220 .45 W.German shooter,

but more than I paid for a NIB W. German P226… which I have a couple thousand rounds through now.  

I feel that this 9mm P220 is best suited in a collection, which is somewhat of a bummer (from a shooter's standpoint).
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:13:09 AM EDT
[#10]
You really should post your pics and info up over at the Sig Forum, methinks those fellas over there would be most interested and informative.

Very cool find sir.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:15:07 AM EDT
[#11]
with your PW Arms marked pistol, some of the collector value is lost...still a VERY nice purchase but I wouldn't feel bad about shooting it...I have a P220 American in Super .38ACP and shoot it (it was bought NIB)..

I enjoy shooting mine and predict you will yours...enjoy your purchase and take it to the range!

Bill
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 2:48:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
You really should post your pics and info up over at the Sig Forum, methinks those fellas over there would be most interested and informative.

Very cool find sir.
View Quote

Thank you.  I was a member of SIGforum for a couple years…. great people with a wealth of information, but after the watching how the moderator has treated members, I let my membership expire with my old Concast.net e-mail.  Thanx.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top