Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2014 8:12:22 PM EDT
So I pre-ordered these sometime in September when Ken from Hogue announced them, they finally shipped the other day and arrived at my house today!

They come with the grip bushings which are actually different than the P224 grip bushings. The P227 versions have a slight step around the edges (I actually forgot to take a pic of them). These are the black piranha versions, they will also be coming in checkered, chain-link and solid. Green is the other color option for those that have not been following the P227 grip thread.

So I know you're asking yourself, "how do they look on the gun?" Well, lets take a look..

And just for fun, lets go all out on the P227..

Overall, I love them. They feel much better than the stock grips and a little bit thinner in spots. I do love the texture on them as well, it's very grippy. They do feature a bit of a magwell, not to the extent of the TACOPS grips, but enough of one to feed a mag with ease. That magwell is actually tapered to fit the magazine base pad so you won't run into seating issues.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:23:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:58:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I had no idea Hogue was making these. I now WILL be buying a 227 very soon.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:12:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
very nice
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:13:07 AM EDT
[#4]
...and order placed!  Thanks for the heads up on these
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:05:42 AM EDT
[#5]
These look great.  Thanks for the review.  

How do the bushings/threaded inserts install?

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
These look great.  Thanks for the review.  

How do the bushings/threaded inserts install?

View Quote

Yes...I would like to know also about the thread inserts. I love my P227...but don't like prying the grips off.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:54:57 PM EDT
[#7]
The bushings just drop in through the magwell and are held in by the tension of the screw to the grip. When installing them, you can also use a magazine to hold them in place.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 2:24:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a 227 and really like the looks of these grips. I have a medium sized hand and the E2 grips are just at the cusp of almost being to large, much larger than I like. Can you give me an idea on the drip size with Hogues?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:21:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The bushings just drop in through the magwell and are held in by the tension of the screw to the grip. When installing them, you can also use a magazine to hold them in place.
View Quote

Are you referring to converting an E2 P227 to these grips?

Both of mine have E2 grips and I was told there are no screw holes to install these types of grips.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:26:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Both of mine have E2 grips and I was told there are no screw holes to install these types of grips.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The bushings included with the Hogue G10 grips work great.  I just installed the black G10 Piranhas on my 227.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 2:50:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The bushings included with the Hogue G10 grips work great.  I just installed the black G10 Piranhas on my 227.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How does it work?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:35:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I already put them on otherwise I'd take pics for you to reference.  The bushings fit into the four oval openings in the pistol grip frame where the screw holes are normally located in other Sigs like the 226.  With the bushing in place you simply screw in the new grip panel.  It took all of five minutes to do the swap.  The hardest part is popping off the E2 grip that can be a bit of a pain.  If you pop off your E2 grip you'll see the oval openings I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:12:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I already put them on otherwise I'd take pics for you to reference.  The bushings fit into the four oval openings in the pistol grip frame where the screw holes are normally located in other Sigs like the 226.  With the bushing in place you simply screw in the new grip panel.  It took all of five minutes to do the swap.  The hardest part is popping off the E2 grip that can be a bit of a pain.  If you pop off your E2 grip you'll see the oval openings I'm talking about.
View Quote

Thanks.

I hate to bother you with more questions, but I have looked at the Hogue website and there are several options.

Which one did you get?
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 2:06:23 AM EDT
[#14]
I bought the same ones as deadmanmike...Sig Sauer P227 DA/SA Piranha Grip G10 - Solid Black SKU: 47139
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 7:13:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Nice....
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I bought the same ones as deadmanmike...Sig Sauer P227 DA/SA Piranha Grip G10 - Solid Black SKU: 47139
View Quote

Ah, okay.  That was one that didn't have a picture on the Hogue website so I wasn't sure.

Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top