Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2014 1:59:59 AM EDT
I have been looking at the Sig 1911 Tacops for a long time, but now see there is a "traditional" Tacops or just the Tacops.  What is the difference?
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 2:37:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Only differemce is the slide profile..

I prefer the sig profile just as its something different to match the external extractor and I've been happy with the purchase
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 2:39:10 AM EDT
[#2]
It's the slide.   The traditional has a more rounded radius + front cocking serations.  The non-traditional has no front cocking serations and a "SIG-style" slide that's more squared off.

SIG style:

Traditional style:
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 3:51:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got the Sig TacOps and love it, the only rub (maybe literally) with the Sig profiled slide, which I have and prefer, is holster selection will suffer.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 10:19:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I see. Thank you guys.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:58:03 AM EDT
[#5]

sorry I know i"m an awful photographer.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:59:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's the slide.   The traditional has a more rounded radius + front cocking serations.  The non-traditional has no front cocking serations and a "SIG-style" slide that's more squared off.

SIG style:
http://sigsauer.com/upFiles/catalog/product/sig-sauer-1911-tacops-left.jpg
View Quote

and no trigger?
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

and no trigger?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SIG style:
http://sigsauer.com/upFiles/catalog/product/sig-sauer-1911-tacops-left.jpg

and no trigger?

I noticed that too.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:06:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I think the Sig Extreme 1911 looks just like the tac ops except the trigger.
Link Posted: 12/28/2014 9:13:53 PM EDT
[#9]
I recently picked up one of the Sig 1911R guns, and have been very impressed with fit and finish.  Holsters due suffer due to the bigger slide.  If I could do it all over again, I might try to find one of the traditional ones, but since I got into this for a good deal, I've just stretched out one of my spare 1911 leather holsters for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top