Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2014 4:51:20 AM EDT
I have been thinking about getting one.  Who has one and how do you like it?
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 2:03:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the 220 Match Elite Stainless, which is basically the same as the ST, but with a 5" barrel.   I love the weight of it....it shoots much softer than my 220 combat which is a 4.4" barrel on an alloy frame.

As far as the ST goes, they're not making any more of them, so if the price is good, you must FO!
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:25:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one, and love it.  Will have to add an SRT kit to it later but it shoots very accurate, feeds reliable and is comfortable to shoot.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 1:32:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the 220 Match Elite Stainless, which is basically the same as the ST, but with a 5" barrel.   I love the weight of it....it shoots much softer than my 220 combat which is a 4.4" barrel on an alloy frame.

As far as the ST goes, they're not making any more of them, so if the price is good, you must FO!
View Quote

Nice. I've been wanting to get one but they are hard to find. They are custom shop correct? I might just got with a p226 elite stainless or something.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Nice. I've been wanting to get one but they are hard to find. They are custom shop correct? I might just got with a p226 elite stainless or something.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The p220 Match Stainless Elite?  You mean "MasterShop" ? No, I don't believe so.  They're still listed on SIG's web site as current product line.  Mine is an older German frame, where as I've been told they now make them in New Hampshire. http://sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p220-match-elite.aspx
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I have one, it's a great gun!

Sig will be making a 220ST in 10mm soon, if that is of interest to you.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 8:10:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I am already saving up my cash for the 10mm version.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 8:32:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am already saving up my cash for the 10mm version.
View Quote

It has a cult-like following already!

I can't wait to handle one and read the reviews.

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 8:39:11 PM EDT
[#8]
But on the 220ST,

It has all of the pros and cons of the classic Sig lineup.

Reliability is THERE.

Shooting with a thumbs forward grasp will make the pistol fail to lock back on the last shot.

Shooting with the thumbs curled down fixes that.

Grip angle is less than a Glock which makes it shoot low in comparison, but that is a familiarity issue, not something wrong or right with the Sigs IMO.

The ST in particular is HEAVY compared to the aluminum framed versions, good and bad.

This makes recoil less, but they are much heavier, not unlike a all steel 1911 or S&W 4506 etc.

More of a burden to carry, but gentler recoil when you need to shoot.

All in all, I love it as a great shooter and occasional carry gun.  

Other guns are carried more often though, if that is an important consideration.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 7:24:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Ordered one this morning.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:16:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Awesome!
Post pix when it comes in, love to see these beauties!
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:32:57 AM EDT
[#11]
I had one and gave it to my son. Got it at on-point $718 NIB in 2005/2004 with N/S, and Houge grips, 2 mags, a Sig package deal. Shoots great, built like a tank. Think S&W 5906 tank toughness The frame on mine was marked made in Germany. My son loved it, so now he has it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 2:39:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Picked her up Friday morning.  Came with night sights, SRT trigger.. I am going to shoot it on my next day off.  BTW, in case anyone is looking for Sig 220 mags, Palmetto State Armory has them on sale right now.  Factory 8rd and 10rd mags are $29.99.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top