Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2014 9:02:47 AM EDT
Take a good look at the new SIG 1911 Super Target; it's an incredibly well made pistol and flawless both inside and out.

Some may opt to change out the  European P220 style Nill target grips for more traditional ones, but I believe the pistol itself is a killer deal considering its build quality.

Anyone else here have one of these yet?

I'd like to know if your impressions of the new model are the same as mine.

Link Posted: 11/13/2014 11:48:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I have several Sig's but not one of those.........."I likey".......
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 1:09:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a SIG 1911 fan, and am digging the new Super Target. I have to say though I prefer the stainless gun with light grips to the Nitron with darker versions.

Congrats - I hope it shoots well for you!
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#3]
YAH!  Congrats America on your Nitron.   As I posted earlier here http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_14/154637_Anyone_jumping_on_the_new_SIG_Super_Target_1911__.html, I've already purchased a Stainless version.

Due to our Kali 1-in-30-days law, I won't be able to DROS it until this coming Tuesday, and then have to wait 10 more days to pick it up.  Looking forward to shooting it.   Please post a range report on yours as soon as you're able!

ETA:  I see you got the 'gen2' hammer, not the originally advertised hammer.  Any opinions on that?
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
YAH!  Congrats America on your Nitron.   As I posted earlier here http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_14/154637_Anyone_jumping_on_the_new_SIG_Super_Target_1911__.html, I've already purchased a Stainless version.

Due to our Kali 1-in-30-days law, I won't be able to DROS it until this coming Tuesday, and then have to wait 10 more days to pick it up.  Looking forward to shooting it.   Please post a range report on yours as soon as you're able!

ETA:  I see you got the 'gen2' hammer, not the originally advertised hammer.  Any opinions on that?
View Quote

Initial range report:

I shot my last 150 rounds of Blazer Brass through the pistol and it functioned perfectly reliably ; the action was smooth and slick and the trigger was far better than I had first thought after dry firing it.

The only problem was that I shot very poorly, and although my usual targets with my X-Fives are 3" Orange Peels at 15-25 yards, I had to start with an 8" Peel at 10 yards and work my way down to a 5" at a distance of 15 yards which was an embarrassment.

But I really love this pistol and I'm looking forward to mastering it after having concentrated on my X-Fives, P220s, and Ruger MKlll Hunter.

I know the gun is accurate because I had some 3 shot strings of one hole groupings and I'm certain any accuracy problems were due to my unfamiliarity with the trigger and sights and that I'm used to shooting classic SIGs, which are entirely different guns, 2-3 times a week.

Considering the price of $1149, it's an amazing pistol and one I would highly recommend after I have had the opportunately to run several hndred more rounds through it after a few more range outings.

My lasting impression after shooting it is that this pistol will continue to prove reliable and that it's far above its price level in fit and finish both inside and out, even rivaling that of my German Mastershop X-Fives that cost substantially more, and those who don't care for the walnut European Style Nill target grips can swap them out easily enough.

IMO this gun is very inexpensive for what you get; it's a very sweet and beautifully made  pistol, and those who don't care for the European Style Nill Master Series Grips that are reminiscent of those that come installed on P210 Super Targets, can swap them out easily enough.

After action report:

While cleaning it  after the range trip, I had the opportunity to very closely inspect the pistol inside and out, and the fit, finish, and attention to detail, even in hidden interior areas of the pistol few bother to look at, are impeccable and, in fact, as least as good as that of any 1911 I've ever seen; including those from the top names in semi customs.

The slide to frame fit is absolutely "wiggle free" and the detail work on this pistol is incredible......there isn't a toolmark to be found anywhere; inside or out.

Both the slide lugs and barrel lugs are unbelievably crisp and clean and need to be seen to be believed as are the frame rails and internal finish.

The pistol needed no break in to run 150 rounds through it in its initial session and the slide glides over the rails like ice glides over ice.

If I were a top SIG marketing executive, I'd have named this 1911 the "1911 X-Five Super Target" and priced it at fully several times what I paid for it and I believe the fact that SIG was able to manufacture such a fine pistol here in the USA bodes well for the future of the US made Mastershop Pistols when production begins on them.

I'd like to hear some feedback from some of the other members here who have also purchased one of these either in the Nitron or the stainless finish

Regarding the hammer, I have no preference  between the two styles but I do wonder why they changed it.

Good luck with your new stainless model when you receive it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Nice and pretty.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm a SIG 1911 fan, and am digging the new Super Target. I have to say though I prefer the stainless gun with light grips to the Nitron with darker versions.

Congrats - I hope it shoots well for you!
View Quote

Actually; so do I, but I have so many stainless finish  pistols I just wanted something different.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 3:52:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Considering the price of $1149...
Good luck with your new stainless model when you receive it.
View Quote

Wow....you got a great price!....much better than what I paid by several hundred and better than anything I've heard of on other boards.

Thanks - -I"m looking forward to it with great anticipation - as this will be my 1st 1911....I expect a similar learning curve as I too have far more experience & muscle memory with p-series and X-series.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 6:47:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like a really nice pistol. SIG 1911s have always seemed like great deals. Full of features for price of a standard Colt.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 3:21:59 PM EDT
[#9]
I just returned from the range having shot another hundred rounds of Blazer Brass through the SIG 1911 Super Target, and having realized what I was doing wrong the first time out (pinching the trigger with the very tip of my finger and holding on to the pistol with a vice-like grip) , my accuracy has gotten much, much  better although I still need plenty more practice with the pistol to get the most out of it.

The gun remained perfectly reliable with both the OEM magazines and a Wilson 47D that my E Series 1911TA doesn't like.

I compared the pistol again to some of the best names in semi-customs and the fit and finish needed to make absolutely no apologies in comparison to any of them.

If you're looking for a 1911 target pistol I highly recommend taking a close look at one of these and if the Nill European style  target grips aren't your cup of tea, just swap them out.

The  gun offers plenty of value for its  price, or for any price, for that matter IMO.

This is a pistol that I will be taking to the range at least once every week.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:53:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Strong words, coming from you, Sir.  

I just came back from D.R.O.S.'ing mine.  Will pick up in 10-days.  Also got to quickly finger my 6" Les Baer while I was at the FFL, but won't be able to DROS that for a month.

I just want to mention that coming up, on Friday Jan. 23rd, 2015, is JOHN MOSES BROWNING's 160th BIRTHDAY....I will be celebrating this by taking my (2) new 1911's to the range, along with a few other friends, for an ALL-1911 DAY.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:03:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I just came back from D.R.O.S.'ing mine.  Will pick up in 10-days.  Also got to quickly finger my 6" Les Baer while I was at the FFL, but won't be able to DROS that for a month.

I just want to mention that coming up, on Friday Jan. 23rd, 2015, is JOHN MOSES BROWNING's 160th BIRTHDAY....I will be celebrating this by taking my (2) new 1911's to the range, along with a few other friends, for an ALL-1911 DAY.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a terrific idea, I'm going to try to organize a similar, all 1911 range day on JMB's birthday with the guys in my club.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top