Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/8/2014 1:36:43 PM EDT
I will be selling a Gen4 Glock 21, to buy a Sig P227. I have always been a Sig man and love and trust Sigs. Are any of the guys out there having problems with the Sig P227's? I would like to know if there are known problems before i buy the P227? Are the 14 round mag's hard to get?
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 4:41:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Think of it as a double stack p220. You should be fine.
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 3:26:50 AM EDT
[#2]
ive had my 14rds nose dive in the mag and lock the slide with a ftf
Link Posted: 11/9/2014 10:26:33 AM EDT
[#3]
why are you selling your G21 for the SIG if you haven't researched how the Sig has been doing?  Not tryingto start trouble, just wonder.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 2:40:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
why are you selling your G21 for the SIG if you haven't researched how the Sig has been doing?  Not tryingto start trouble, just wonder.
View Quote

I forgot these individual forums were here. ( I was looking for posts about the 320.)  Per a relative who works for Sig Sauer in ' quality control ' as I recall, he said "Don't buy a 227 for at least six months." This was in August 2014. I asked him in Sept what specifically was the problem. He texted me- " Magazines,slide catch, grips". I'm guessing it takes that long to make the parts and get them in the system. Hope this helps.ETA 12/25/14 I got yelled at for blabbing.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 9:13:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I was looking at the 227 as well.

I compared it to my Glock 21SF and decided to stick with the Glock.

Reasons......Glock has a bigger magazine capacity, cheaper cost, magazines are easier to get, parts are easier to get.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:34:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

In the Sig forum touting Glock but not trying to start anything.

Sig has been doing just fine.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:34:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I have 2 P227s, 6 10 round mags, 2 14 round mags.

No problems whatsoever.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 10:15:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Over 1500 rounds in and I've yet to have any issues.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 4:14:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I also went form G21SF to P227. Much more comfortable shooting and for ME more accurate.

Not looking back so far. 100% reliable as usual.

I added a Sig factory threaded barrel for a P220 after about 500 rounds in advance of an Osprey 45.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 1:48:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He texted me- " Magazines,slide catch, grips". I'm guessing it takes that long to make the parts and get them in the system. Hope this helps.
View Quote

I've had problems with 2 of my six mags. The first one wouldn't lock the slide back, now another is giving fail to feeds on round number 2 pretty consistently.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 7:28:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Larry G. I don't know where you come off saying I was glorifying Glock in the Sig forum.  I see we both joined in Feb 2001 and you have 70,000 plus posts compared to my 204.  I guess that makes you the expert here. @ posts further down you actually posted something of use instead of trying to start something. The original poster never mentioned a problem with his 21. I thought it was reasonable to ask why you would trade something that seems to be working for something you have not researched. If after I research something and it seems ready to rock then I would trade.  I do have 4 Glocks, but 5 Sigs. Please don't try to glorify yourself at my exspense, because I don't believe you know anything about me. have a Great Day Navy.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:23:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Larry G. I don't know where you come off saying I was glorifying Glock in the Sig forum.  I see we both joined in Feb 2001 and you have 70,000 plus posts compared to my 204.  I guess that makes you the expert here. @ posts further down you actually posted something of use instead of trying to start something. The original poster never mentioned a problem with his 21. I thought it was reasonable to ask why you would trade something that seems to be working for something you have not researched. If after I research something and it seems ready to rock then I would trade.  I do have 4 Glocks, but 5 Sigs. Please don't try to glorify yourself at my exspense, because I don't believe you know anything about me. have a Great Day Navy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Good grief.  That was hard to read.

I am not the one trying to start something.  I don't go into the Glock forums and tell people to buy Sigs so spare me the angst.

Glorify myself at your expense???????????????  

You must really overvalue yourself.

I know all I need to know about you when you post crap like this:

why are you selling your G21 for the SIG if you haven't researched how the Sig has been doing? Not tryingto start trouble, just wonder.

Gee, how has the Sig been doing?  Sounds like you THINK you have an answer.

Insinuations that amount to nothing but noooooooooooooooo, you aren't trying to start anything.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Good grief. Y'all take it to GD with that crap.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:24:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Again, I did not try to start trouble. If the group here thinks asking someone why they would get rid of one gun(you fill in the brand) that they don't seem to have trouble with for one they have not researched is wrong, then I apoligize. I was reading this post in the first place as part of researching possible trading my 220 for a 227. If I mistook your comment Larry G, as starting trouble then I will apoligize to you also.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:47:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 7:23:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Again, I did not try to start trouble. If the group here thinks asking someone why they would get rid of one gun(you fill in the brand) that they don't seem to have trouble with for one they have not researched is wrong, then I apoligize. I was reading this post in the first place as part of researching possible trading my 220 for a 227. If I mistook your comment Larry G, as starting trouble then I will apoligize to you also.
View Quote

Keep the 220, add a 227.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:49:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Only thing I can tell is it isn't the 221 Sig Sauer originally wanted to build...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top